Motion Passed: Change Coupon Connection Access Requirements

Subscribe
so is there no other way to get into the coupon connection?
Quote: so is there no other way to get into the coupon connection?
Nope.

Welcome to FlyerTalk!
I know why the rules are there, and have no issue with them. I noticed a poster in a forum having his thread closed because it seemed to be asking for a swap, and quite properly it was shut as it was not appropriate for the forum. The poster did not meet the entry requirement for CC, so could not post there.

I have never even taken any interest in such things until I noticed that the poster had a post count of about 140 but had been a member for over 8 years! Obviously not a high post rate, but clearly not "padding" in any way. There is a requirement to be contributing to the "business" of flying, and not be seen to be just interested in getting into the CC or other restricted fora

Perhaps the signal to noise ratio of such posters is much sweeter than others who are more prolific - but at this rate the member has a few more years to go before they will gain access to CC!!

When next it comes to be considered perhaps it might include a reduced post count for long standing members? eg 4 years/50 posts
Quote: When next it comes to be considered perhaps it might include a reduced post count for long standing members? eg 4 years/50 posts
I don't have any problem with that. Or just a few years and any number of posts as long as the member does not then take up residence in Coupon Connection.
If I were a mileage broker, I'd take out a few handles every year, just in case then...
Quote: If I were a mileage broker, I'd take out a few handles every year, just in case then...
I've been assured several times that our crack team of mods can sniff out multiple handles. So I am not worried about that.
I know you lot are much more savvy to this sort of thing than I and I have no knowledge of what folks do to get into CC etc, but I reckoned if this poster was trying to slip in under the radar at 8 years they were being being very very canny - when a few very gently padded posts or questions over the years would have done it!! As I said, I am not questioning the Mods decision - as it was absolutely straight down the line on the rules - and I am a lawyer

The reference post so you can see it is here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/u-k-i...-envelope.html
Quote: I know you lot are much more savvy to this sort of thing than I and I have no knowledge of what folks do to get into CC etc, but I reckoned if this poster was trying to slip in under the radar at 8 years they were being being very very canny - when a few very gently padded posts or questions over the years would have done it!! As I said, I am not questioning the Mods decision - as it was absolutely straight down the line on the rules - and I am a lawyer

The reference post so you can see it is here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/u-k-i...-envelope.html
As an aside, that member has CC access as s/he achieved 90 posts/90 days before Talkboard changed entry requirements. I have just checked. Access was not removed from any member when the entry requirements were changed. They were imposed going forward. Thanks for bring this up; I have messaged the forum mod.

I am not trying to diminish your point, as certainly there were long timers who had not achieved the requisite 90 posts at that point in time.
I second the next go round to say a number of years/or a number of posts.

I was a couple away from gaining access and just didn't go on FT for a couple
months, then found out it changed - yet I've been a member for many years
and enjoy all the information I get here and can add to the conversations.
What are the current requirements to access OMNI and Coupon connection on the site? Do they have the same or different requirements?
I think I read somewhere it was supposed to be 150 posts but this thread says it's 180.
Quote: What are the current requirements to access OMNI and Coupon connection on the site? Do they have the same or different requirements?
I think I read somewhere it was supposed to be 150 posts but this thread says it's 180.
It's 180 posts, 180 days as a member. Moderators are usually pretty good at spotting members who have gone on posting runs to gain access to one or the other.
It is a moot point but before the rules change again for CC or OMNI, may I suggest that number of posts requirement is applied retroactively for some older members. Case in point, I never shooted for 90/90 requirement back in 2009 but now that it is 180/180, I feel pressured to contribute to FT more often. Which is not bad, but I still prefer quality over quantity in terms of number of posts. However, FT has no way to assess quality which I understand.

RM
The community director DID take that into account and grandfathered anyone who had access prior to the Talkboard implemented changes. In actuality, the metric did not change.... an average of one post a day...
I feel I should be grandfathered in because I do not post much and feel that posting in order to get my count up is a waist of your (the reader's) time.
Not going to happen. Read the Community Director's post HERE. You don't qualify per the guidelines she set down.