Get price drop alerts for particular a cruise sailing date and cabin class?

Subscribe
Is there any web site I can use to receive automated price drop alerts (or at least the daily price) of a particular cruise sailing date and cabin class?
Found a site but it's for pay, not free
Found a site called CruiseFish.net. Unfortunately they charge for the privilege. With no other players in this area, evidently, it might be a nice entrepreneurial opportunity for someone out there. I know many sites offer free, advertising supported price alerts for airfare (like kayak.com). Not sure why there isn't anything free out there for cruises.
Let's see if the readers of the Travel->Cruise forum can help. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz,
Yes, it is call my cruise travel agent. She will do it for me as I have booked over 25 personal cruises and 5 family reunion/groups with her.

I will let her know my timing and general cruise region and she will SMS me with any major price drops. She has gotten me OBC when the rate was discounted to under what I have paid originally.
Quote: Yes, it is call my cruise travel agent. She will do it for me as I have booked over 25 personal cruises and 5 family reunion/groups with her.

I will let her know my timing and general cruise region and she will SMS me with any major price drops. She has gotten me OBC when the rate was discounted to under what I have paid originally.
Not all TAs are as responsive as yours. Glad you found a good one. I prefer booking direct. RCL has always honored my price drop requests and it looks like Carnival is responsive in this regard as well for those who book direct.

Since I've already booked direct, just looking for a better method of finding price drops than checking manually each day.
Quote: Not all TAs are as responsive as yours. Glad you found a good one. I prefer booking direct. RCL has always honored my price drop requests and it looks like Carnival is responsive in this regard as well for those who book direct.

Since I've already booked direct, just looking for a better method of finding price drops than checking manually each day.
It is a business relationship built up over many years. She will probably not do it for anyone who ask. She know we will book with her and we get great service.
When there is any issue with our booking, she dealt with the cruise line on our behalf. It has always been resolved positively.
With price reduction, we usually get an email from her that the OBC is in our account or our final payment has been reduced.
The question is not will somebody or some line honor the request for a price drop, it's how to know when there is a price drop.

My agent (17 years of booking with them) will stay on top of it for me so that I don't have to check each and every day for a sale or a drop.

But to answer the question, I do not know of any easy to get notified when there is a price drop other than checking over and over again.
Quote: The question is not will somebody or some line honor the request for a price drop, it's how to know when there is a price drop.

My agent (17 years of booking with them) will stay on top of it for me so that I don't have to check each and every day for a sale or a drop.

But to answer the question, I do not know of any easy to get notified when there is a price drop other than checking over and over again.
Your experience and mine is exactly why one needs a good business relationship with a cruise TA.
Quote: Found a site called CruiseFish.net. Unfortunately they charge for the privilege. With no other players in this area, evidently, it might be a nice entrepreneurial opportunity for someone out there. I know many sites offer free, advertising supported price alerts for airfare (like kayak.com). Not sure why there isn't anything free out there for cruises.
Cruisefish was free for quite a while. I think it then became too expensive and too time consuming for the "founder" of it to continue totally free. (He only recently started charging and continued to "grandfather" in any cruises that were previously registered.) If you cruise regularly, it pays to buy a small packet of alerts -- then it's $1 per cruise for any number of cabin categories for as long as the cruise is active, and can save you several hundred $$$ with one price reduction. I use the service because it's worth it to me to get an alert on a regular basis. Even if you check the cruiseline's site often. all it takes is one day of being off-line and you can miss the reduction. Few of the online agencies have the capacity (or desire) to check hourly for you, especially if they are already turning over a large portion of their comission as OBC to the pax!
Quote: I use the service because it's worth it to me to get an alert on a regular basis. Even if you check the cruiseline's site often. all it takes is one day of being off-line and you can miss the reduction. Few of the online agencies have the capacity (or desire) to check hourly for you, especially if they are already turning over a large portion of their comission as OBC to the pax!
Good point. Can travel agents set up price drop alerts in whatever "internal" system they use? Realtors typically aren't manually sending out appropriate new listings. It's some sort of MLS related-alert I'd imagine, based on customer-provided criteria. Either that or the Realtor I used for my last home purchase was super-human.

Outside of a corporate setting, I thought travel agents had gone the way of bank tellers. Still around if you need them. But 99% of my transactions are conducted online or via ATM. And with a service like CruiseFish, I don't see needing a travel agent at all. But that's me. I'm glad others have found value in their travel agents.
Quote: If you cruise regularly, it pays to buy a small packet of alerts -- then it's $1 per cruise for any number of cabin categories for as long as the cruise is active, and can save you several hundred $$$ with one price reduction. I use the service because it's worth it to me to get an alert on a regular basis. Even if you check the cruiseline's site often. all it takes is one day of being off-line and you can miss the reduction. Few of the online agencies have the capacity (or desire) to check hourly for you, especially if they are already turning over a large portion of their comission as OBC to the pax!
$1 is a small investment to make to save me tons of time! I might check my TA's price from time to time but this makes it so much easier. Thanks!

Even if I had a superb relationship with the TA, the agency offers good cruise benefits so they get high call volume. Plus there is a time zone difference and it can take a few hours to return messages. Better to be pro-active and save her the time, so she can pull in more bookings!
I smell a possible business opportunity...