Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Regus access for Admirals Club members ends March 2011

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2011, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Regus access for Admirals Club members ends March 2011

"Our partnership with Regus will end in March 2011. Admirals Club® members will no longer receive complimentary businessworld Gold memberships to the Regus facility network." (3/24/11 Latest AC newsletter)

Darn. As an AC member I greatly enjoyed using Regus centers over the years. When travelling in countries with limited free wifi (China, Switzerland, Japan, etc.) this has been a life saver. Hopefully the money spent on Regus will be invested in some new benefit.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Beat me to it! I just got the AC newsletter with the same news.

To be honest, I tried out a couple of Regus centers (the free "business lounges") in Manhattan and was underwhelmed. Sure, it's a room with coffee and tea and an internet connection, but I didn't think it was all that special. Not even any windows or anything. It didn't feel like the kind of place I would want to spend more than a few minutes. And the Regus guy from the front desk kept coming in to bug me about "meeting to discuss my business needs" (i.e. renting a conference room), when all I wanted to was to use my FREE business lounge access.

Maybe the overseas "business lounges" are more glamorous.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 3:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Got the same e-mail and they included the CFR offer for conference rooms at the ACs.

But then again, I have to ask, who in their right mind wants to go thru the TSA Gestapo for a meeting? I never see those conference rooms in use, I think it's better for them to just convert some of the rooms into bunk beds for travelers with long layovers.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 3:22 pm

Programs: AA LTP, Bonvoy Titanium; AA CK before I retired
Originally Posted by kebosabi
who in their right mind wants to go thru the TSA Gestapo for a meeting?
Indeed. I don't think I've rented an AC meeting room since 2001.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 4:28 pm

Programs: AA LTP, Bonvoy Titanium; AA CK before I retired
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
Hopefully the money spent on Regus will be invested in some new benefit.
Hard to say how much AA was spending on Regus. Perhaps Regus took the risk to see how many Admirals they could convert to paying Regus customers. Apparently the conversion rate was not high.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 6:30 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by chuck till
Hard to say how much AA was spending on Regus. Perhaps Regus took the risk to see how many Admirals they could convert to paying Regus customers. Apparently the conversion rate was not high.
I've gotten so many duplicate Regus Gold cards that I doubt any airline has paid as much money for them as Regus.
Old Mar 26, 2011, 7:54 am

Programs: AA EXP 28/34 + 1 AE, UA PremEx 1/1, SPG Platinum, HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Hertz PC
Good thing that I saw this thread on FT or I would have been embarrassed the next time I tried to get into a Regus club.

Yes, the business lounges aren't always the best, but it does provide a decent quiet option when you are traveling for work. I used them to catch up on e-mails and hold conference calls without the din from a coffee shop.

Plus free internet can be a plus. I've been in clubs where UL/DL were in the 6 Mpbs/6 Mpbs range and free internet overseas can be helpful.
Old Mar 26, 2011, 11:17 am

Programs: AA LT PLT, 2.15 million miles; Priority Club PLT
I can attest to the usefulness of these clubs, especially overseas. I got my free card via Priority Club, but in any case, I used the h*ll out of it on a recent RTW. In terms of quality, this the winner as I recall:

Hong Kong (Kowloon): this one is in the 1,588 foot tall tower in Kowloon, on the 12th floor, with floor-to-ceiling windows facing Hong Kong Island. Really an amazing place to catch up on your work. Top quality coffee/tea, etc. The most secure building I've ever entered: elevators have no buttons, you can only access the floor for which your security badge has been pre-programmed.

Other ones we visited included Sydney, Bangkok, Amman, & Beirut.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 1:11 pm

It was fun while it lasted. I availed of their lounges both locally and abroad. At best, the lounges were an alternative to sitting in a coffee shop.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 2:31 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Heads up if you use it sufficiently...

For those who wish to take advantage of it, Regus is sending out e-mails to us offering 50% discount for renewal - $15 monthly for Natiowide Access, $25 a month for Global Access.

"Dear JDiver,

Re: Membership number 00111222333444

Although your current Regus businessworld gold card, through your American Airlines Admirals Club® membership, is about to expire, you can continue enjoying access to hundreds of business lounges by renewing today! Take advantage of these DISCOUNTED renewal prices:

(offer stated above)

Renew your businessworld membership today to continue having access to a professional, productive place to work, no matter where you need to do business, all with free Internet, unlimited refreshments and discounted access to meeting rooms and private offices, all in a professional environment.

Hurry, this offer is only available through April 30, 2011!"
Old Apr 11, 2011, 4:54 pm

Programs: AA: EXP(3MM), Hilton: Diamond, SPG: Gold
I won't pay to maintain the current service that I'm receiving. For me, the pros and cons of Regus service were:

Pros:
- oasis in a city, including free coffee, clean restroom, and good air conditioning (but the same level of comfort can be obtained in a hotel lobby)
- free Wi-Fi (however, unlike a few years ago when the AC/Regus partnership began, free Wi-Fi is more common, plus I can use my 3G phone as modem)

Cons:
- "lounge" is often just a kitchen area, and sometimes you must work on a high counter with stools without cushion, while people walk around you
- access available only during weekday business hours
- must find and travel to the location; must pay for transportation and if I had a car, I could just relax/work in the car
- limited security - since you don't get an office, you must take all your belongings with you if you want to use the restroom.
- limited privacy - because Regus is mostly quiet, I feel uncomfortable talking on the phone or with my companion if the topic is somewhat sensitive.

I've been given an office 2-3 times in the past, and that was very enjoyable. If the $25/month membership comes with availability based free upgrade to an office, I might consider paying.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 9:01 am

Programs: BA
Offer for existing Admirals Club/Regus businessworld Gold card holders

Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
"Our partnership with Regus will end in March 2011. Admirals Club® members will no longer receive complimentary businessworld Gold memberships to the Regus facility network." (3/24/11 Latest AC newsletter)

Darn. As an AC member I greatly enjoyed using Regus centers over the years. When travelling in countries with limited free wifi (China, Switzerland, Japan, etc.) this has been a life saver. Hopefully the money spent on Regus will be invested in some new benefit.

Thanks for all the above posts. We're happy that so many of you have found businessworld to be convienient during your travels.

We'd like to offer Admirals Club members who previously signed up to Regus businessworld a 50% discounted membership.

• $15 a month for U.S. access (saving $180 annually)
  • $25 a month for Global access (saving $300 annually)

To take up this great offer, please have your businessworld membership number on hand and follow this link.

Offer is in U.S. Dollars ($) and is available through April 30, 2011. Terms and Conditions apply [PDF].
Old Apr 15, 2011, 12:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PL, SPG G, MR G, HH G, CC G, AMEX PL
My wife and I both got complimentary Regus Gold Businessworld memberships. I think we got it as an added benefit for Priority Club Visa cards. I'm not sure though. Both of us registered for it on April 1st but still haven't received our cards. Would you know if a card is only valid for the person it is issued to or can I bring someone along with me, a friend for example, to get a benefit of free refreshments and internet?
Old Apr 19, 2011, 9:35 am

Programs: BA
Your membership number grants you access (no card necessary)

Originally Posted by foxberg
My wife and I both got complimentary Regus Gold Businessworld memberships. I think we got it as an added benefit for Priority Club Visa cards. I'm not sure though. Both of us registered for it on April 1st but still haven't received our cards. Would you know if a card is only valid for the person it is issued to or can I bring someone along with me, a friend for example, to get a benefit of free refreshments and internet?
Hi foxberg,

Thanks for registering for your Regus businessworld Gold card.

Cards can take around 28 days to arrive. To access our business lounges in the mean time, notify the Regus center team at your chosen location of your businessworld membership number and they will grant you access.

You should have received an email with your membership number upon registering for the card. If you didn't receive an email with your membership number then please contact us via our website and we will get back to you with the necessary information.

You can bring a non-member to a Regus lounge. However, there will be a small charge for non-members. Please check with your local Regus team for details. Membership to businessworld gives you discounted rates for professional meeting rooms and executive suites, should you want to consider that option for when you are meeting a client/colleague/contact/etc.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 5:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PL, SPG G, MR G, HH G, CC G, AMEX PL
Originally Posted by chrismwoods
Hi foxberg,

Thanks for registering for your Regus businessworld Gold card.

Cards can take around 28 days to arrive. To access our business lounges in the mean time, notify the Regus center team at your chosen location of your businessworld membership number and they will grant you access.

You should have received an email with your membership number upon registering for the card. If you didn't receive an email with your membership number then please contact us via our website and we will get back to you with the necessary information.

You can bring a non-member to a Regus lounge. However, there will be a small charge for non-members. Please check with your local Regus team for details. Membership to businessworld gives you discounted rates for professional meeting rooms and executive suites, should you want to consider that option for when you are meeting a client/colleague/contact/etc.
Thank you for monitoring this thread and a prompt response.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.