Malaysian Air - transit KUL - Connection time question

Subscribe
I've booked some associates on the following flights:

MH193/MH611 (BLR-KUL-SIN) which has a 1:55 connection time in KUL
MH148/MH192 (MEL-KUL-BLR) which has a 1:00 connection time in KUL

The associates are concerned about the connection times, they feel there isn't enough time to make the connections, particularly on the MH148/MH192 flights (1 hour). these are legal routings from the airline, so I assume they are sufficient. But having never been to or through KUL, I don't know.

I assume because they are transiting KUL, there is no need for customs or immigration, correct?

Can anyone fill me in on whether these are reasonable connections or not?

Thanks

PATRLR
I assume these sectors are on the same ticket, which makes the airline responsible should your flight from MEL is delayed.

1 hour should be fine. No problems. Baggage will be checked through to final destination and no need to go through immigration or customs at KUL. You would probably be issued with the boarding pass for the second sector when checking in for the first. Upon arrival at KUL, just locate the gate from which the next flight will depart from. Security checks will be done only at the gate.

Depending on where the planes are parked, you may need to take the aerotrain to switch between the two terminal buildings serving international flights but again, this is a painless exercise and will take about 5-7mins, with the train journey itself taking some 2 mins.

Arriving and departing international passengers are handled on the same level and co-mingled - hence the security check only at the boarding gates.
In my opinion the connection time is more than enough. Normally the Bangalore and the Aussie flights leave from the satellite terminal, so it really is quite easy. For the flight to Singapore they might need to go to the main terminal with the aerotrain (which is working again after the rennovation work) but with nearly two hours they will have spare time.
To add on to the question - what is a reasonable time to connect from the LCCT to the main terminal in KUL? Is this a huge hassle? I read that the terminals are 20 km apart - is there a free shuttle between them? Thanks.
KLIA and the LCCT share the same runway but thats it,you will have to get from one to the other either by bus or taxi, there is no free transport.

Depending on your flight into LCCT then getting over to KLIA I would need more info.
Quote: KLIA and the LCCT share the same runway but thats it,you will have to get from one to the other either by bus or taxi, there is no free transport.

Depending on your flight into LCCT then getting over to KLIA I would need more info.
Thanks. I'm pretty flexible but want to minimise the transit while making sure I'm not rushed for time. I believe there's a shuttle that runs every 30 mins? What's the minimum time I should keep between flights?
Quote: Thanks. I'm pretty flexible but want to minimise the transit while making sure I'm not rushed for time. I believe there's a shuttle that runs every 30 mins? What's the minimum time I should keep between flights?
Depends on your flight leaving from KLIA. If I were you, for international flight, I will give 4-5 hours just in case if airasia delays the flight.

For domestic flight, I will give 3-4 hours.

There is a bus running between LCCT & KLIA but its not free. BUT I highly recommend you to take the taxi.
Quote: Depends on your flight leaving from KLIA. If I were you, for international flight, I will give 4-5 hours just in case if airasia delays the flight.

For domestic flight, I will give 3-4 hours.

There is a bus running between LCCT & KLIA but its not free. BUT I highly recommend you to take the taxi.
Thanks! I ended up booking another flight which arrives at KLIA. A 4 hour connection is probably too long for that, but it saves me the hassle of switching terminals.