Why no Emirates application for Iphone & Ipad

Subscribe
Why is there no Emirates application for the Iphone or Ipad available.
It would be nice to have the time table etc for my Iphone.
Most airlines have this option but nothing from Emirates.
Is there a special reason as Emirates is normally one of the first airlines to introduce webbased application.
Because there's already a mobile site and a website that works on the iPad? Provided their main website works properly I see no mileage in spending additional cash developing apps that duplicate something that is already there.
Quote: Because there's already a mobile site and a website that works on the iPad? Provided their main website works properly I see no mileage in spending additional cash developing apps that duplicate something that is already there.

Yes but that only works when you’re online. ( most airline website are mobile ready but they still have a offline version )
For the Iphone maybe not a big issue ( as long you stay in your own country to avoid roaming charges ) but for the Ipad it is.
Especially for the non 3G version.
It would be nice to have the timetable available off-line.
Quote: Yes but that only works when you’re online. ( most airline website are mobile ready but they still have a offline version )
For the Iphone maybe not a big issue ( as long you stay in your own country to avoid roaming charges ) but for the Ipad it is.
Especially for the non 3G version.
It would be nice to have the timetable available off-line.
Actually there is one, I use them all the time.

http://www.emirates.com/sa/english/i...280-194614.exe

or

http://www.emirates.com/sa/english/i...280-194611.pdf
Quote: Actually there is one, I use them all the time.

http://www.emirates.com/sa/english/i...280-194614.exe

or

http://www.emirates.com/sa/english/i...280-194611.pdf
I know them, but you can't use them on the Iphone or Ipad. ( so far i known )
But great for the desktop.
Quote: I know them, but you can't use them on the Iphone or Ipad. ( so far i known )
But great for the desktop.
What if you email it to yourself ? Or just touch the link posted above to the pdf file ?

You can use the built in pdf reader, or purchase a better pdf reader from the App Store ?

(I sound like an Apple fanatic now, don't I ?)
Quote: Why is there no Emirates application for the Iphone or Ipad available.
It would be nice to have the time table etc for my Iphone.
Most airlines have this option but nothing from Emirates.
Is there a special reason as Emirates is normally one of the first airlines to introduce webbased application.
They are working on it, mobile apps should be available soon.
They do already have the mobile version of the site which works on all phones (browser support) but are also developing mobile specific apps.
Hi guys,not sure if this post is still checked as it has been a while since it has had any updates.

I work for an app development company and was wondering what type of things regular flyers like yourselves would like to see / or not see on an app.

It would be great to get ideas of what really counts to the customer and build something that does everything a regular user would demand.

I have been looking at the following apps

Lufthansa
Thai Touch
Fly Delta
TAP Portugal
American Airlines
Etihad Guest
Virgin Atlantic City Guide
Virgin Australia
HK Airlines Club Class
Croatia Air
MH Mobile (Malaysian)
Entertain - Virgin Australia

They all have certain areas of interest but I would love to be able to build a concept to then show an airline such as Emirates or another that perhaps we could run as a poll.

Thank you for reading
Quote: Hi guys,not sure if this post is still checked as it has been a while since it has had any updates.

I work for an app development company and was wondering what type of things regular flyers like yourselves would like to see / or not see on an app.

It would be great to get ideas of what really counts to the customer and build something that does everything a regular user would demand.

Lufthansa
Thai Touch
Fly Delta
TAP Portugal
American Airlines
Etihad Guest
Virgin Australia
HK Airlines Club Class
Croatia Air
MH Mobile (Malaysian)

They all have certain areas of interest but I would love to be able to build a concept to then show an airline such as Emirates or another that perhaps we could run as a poll.

Thank you for reading
Thanks for looking into this.
I use the Lufthansa app for two things:
1) Check my upcoming reservations (they are all listed in the app)
2) Check my frequent flyer account balance

I don't know what else I would use an app for- what I would like from emirates is to have a mobile boarding pass built into the app- this would save me printing out boarding passes.
Quote: Thanks for looking into this.

I don't know what else I would use an app for- what I would like from emirates is to have a mobile boarding pass built into the app- this would save me printing out boarding passes.
Same + PassBook !

Look at the SPG app for hotels this is brilliant.
You forgot BA also have an app thats used as a mobile boarding pass. Ie you can get through security and the gate with it.
Quote:
Quote: Hi guys,not sure if this post is still checked as it has been a while since it has had any updates.

Lufthansa
Thai Touch
Fly Delta
TAP Portugal
American Airlines
Etihad Guest
Virgin Australia
HK Airlines Club Class
Croatia Air
MH Mobile (Malaysian)

Thank you for reading
Thanks for looking into this.

I've used mobile boarding pass on Emirates but I find it a bit of a pain.
Quote: I've used mobile boarding pass on Emirates but I find it a bit of a pain.
An app which integrated with something like Passbook or similar would solve this.
Thank you everyone, definitely food for thought there.

Really appreciate the comments
If I were to design some type of wire frame would you be happy to view it and tell me what you think?