Confused: SQ218 MEL-SIN aircraft type

Subscribe
I have two tickets booked and confirmed for my aunt and uncle using bmi miles. Seatmap is showing 77W config and I have successfully pre-assigned seats in the minicabin (12D and 12F). Flight is at the end of July but I thought the retro-fitted 773 was due to operate this flight, hence award seats were available. Is this a glitch or a nice surprise for my relatives?
Quote: I have two tickets booked and confirmed for my aunt and uncle using bmi miles. Seatmap is showing 77W config and I have successfully pre-assigned seats in the minicabin (12D and 12F). Flight is at the end of July but I thought the retro-fitted 773 was due to operate this flight, hence award seats were available. Is this a glitch or a nice surprise for my relatives?
For the same flight at the end of July, KVS says 773 and then shows 77W seat map. SQ website gives me 773 gen 2 seat map...
Quote: For the same flight at the end of July, KVS says 773 and then shows 77W seat map. SQ website gives me 773 gen 2 seat map...
I pre-assigned seats via lufthansa.com. When I check the booking on the SIA site it is showing 77W despite the timetable showing 773. Called SIA reservations to reconfirm seat assignments and they can see it is scheduled to be operated by the 77W. I'm hoping it won't be changed to the 773 at the last minute so this will be a nice surprise for my relatives.

They are flying MEL-SIN-SGN and returning in September. They are booked on SQ237 MEL-SIN (again with bmi miles) and the seats assigned are confirmed on a 773 (retro-fit).

I'm glad I waited for seats to open up on SQ218 for the dates they wanted. TG had plenty of award seats on their 773s from MEL-BKK and with a shorter connection time to SGN but I think SIA is the best choice.
Welldone mate.... SQ218 now will fly with 777-300ER.. so it will have the new business class seats.... *drool

I have been eyeing to book J class. I was waiting for my extra points to be recorded into the system. there was 777-300 on the midnight flight, and another one in the afternoon flying out MEL-SIN... But now i won't be able to redeem the midnight flight on award saver ticket.
Well on my April 26 flight the plane has just switched to the 77W. Must have only been done in the last few days as I checked only a week ago and it was still the older plane then.

SQ 217 SINGAPORE 26APR 9.55 AM J / I OK 0
MELBOURNE 26APR 7.15 PM
AIRCRAFT TYPE B777-300ER

Glad I looked as 2 of our three seat reservations had disappeared as always seems to happen whenever they switch plane types.

Sweet for me as it now means I get all new F and J MEL-MXP return for saver rates. SIN-MXP was due to a scheduling glitch.
Quote: SQ218 now will fly with 777-300ER.. so it will have the new business class seats.... *drool
Welcome to FlyerTalk. Good to have you with us.

Checked ANA today and it has changed from 773 to 77W on SQ218/217 until end of October. No award seats in premium cabins at all using bmi diamond club. Lucky me! (Or, rather, my folks!)
Any ideas which type of planes (beside the A 380) will fly after the end of October?
Quote: Well on my April 26 flight the plane has just switched to the 77W. Must have only been done in the last few days as I checked only a week ago and it was still the older plane then.

SQ 217 SINGAPORE 26APR 9.55 AM J / I OK 0
MELBOURNE 26APR 7.15 PM
AIRCRAFT TYPE B777-300ER

Glad I looked as 2 of our three seat reservations had disappeared as always seems to happen whenever they switch plane types.

Sweet for me as it now means I get all new F and J MEL-MXP return for saver rates. SIN-MXP was due to a scheduling glitch.

My metal has changed for the second time in a week.

Is now a 747-400.
Quote: My metal has changed for the second time in a week.

Is now a 747-400.
I am on the same boat mate. Thought I score myself a bonus as I booked a J class sear on saver reward when it was a 773 and now it's telling me a 744....i rather have the 773 back so I can at least have a refitted seats, not the Spacebed!
My folks' booking is still confirmed as 77W. Woo hoo!
Thanks for the welcome Strawb.....

yes... it's great when nature works in favor of us....
Quote: My metal has changed for the second time in a week.

Is now a 747-400.
...and back to the 300 ER again....
Quote: ...and back to the 300 ER again....
If you check one more time it will be a TU-154.
Yep it has changed. I was eyeing some award flights in C. Had planned on SQ218. Before I got a chance to book it got changed to the 77W. If only i'd already had it issued Now i'm on TG instead.

goodo