Misspelling my name on my Boarding Pass

Subscribe
Well, I've searched around for this answer, can't find it... it's not a Delta.dumb specific issue, (because tickets bought via the corporate travel agency cause the same problem), so I'm starting a new thread in hopes I can get an answer.

No matter what I do, no matter how hard I try to fix it, Delta insists on running my first name and middle initial together, as if it's some weird foreign name. It seems to somehow come from my Skymiles account. I've tried fixing it there, I try fixing it every time I buy tickets on Delta.dumb.

Here's an example of what happens. Let's say my full name is John Jacob Schmidt (name changed to protect the... well... me). My Skymiles account knows me as "John J Schmidt". When I get tickets, it will appear as:

Schmidt Johnj

I'm afraid one of these days the TSA will deny me through security because my license would say "Schmidt, John J" and not "Johnj". Customer Service couldn't seem to figure this one out... anybody have an idea of where I should try next? Or should I not even worry about it?
Shouldn't be an issue. My UA boarding passes have Lastname/FirstnameMJr, and I've never had an issue. I can't find any of my DL BPs that have a similar issue, but I wouldn't worry at all.

Happy travels!
my BP from a corp travel agency have my first and middle as a single name. Flights booked directly from delta have a space
Exact same thing happens to me ... first name and middle name run together. No security problems so far.

TSA wants the boarding pass name to match your government ID. So if the characters match what is on your ID, with the only difference being the lack of a space ... I'd be very surprised if this would ever create an issue.

Would be nice to have a clean fix though...
Quote: Exact same thing happens to me ... first name and middle name run together. No security problems so far.
Glad I'm not the only one...

Quote: TSA wants the boarding pass name to match your government ID. So if the characters match what is on your ID, with the only difference being the lack of a space ... I'd be very surprised if this would ever create an issue.
This *IS* the TSA we're talking about here. Not the brightest bulbs on the Christmas tree, ya know.
I have the same problem. My boarding passes always show my first name as Carmeno, although the O is actually my middle initial. No one has ever questioned me about it.
Yeah, I get a t appended to my first name all the time and TSA has never batted an eye. (This includes flying out of stations such as BIS, RAP, and FAR. Of course, the TSA people there tend to have a work ethic that matches the region, so maybe they're of a higher caliber and I should say that I've also had no problems at SAN, SFO, or ATL.) Any time a travel agent is booking for me, I do emphasize that my first name only has one l at the end, as the more common spelling has two, and I really don't want to deal with the TSA over that (although most probably wouldn't even notice.)
Yes, concurring with earlier posts, not an issue.

Until the day when your specific TSA agent decides that it IS
I just got back from an award trip (so booked through Delta.com) and for some reason they smashed my first and middle name together into 1 name. No one seemed to notice or care.
No problem for TSA usually. Sometimes a problem for getting SM credit, if the PNR shows what the BP does.
Definitely should not be an issue. I always use my license for domestic travel, but my state thinks my name is too long. So they make my license be C E LASTNAME. I was told before that airlines want full first name, so my ticket always says Charles and never had an issue.
Well, I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that this happens to... so with it happening to everyone, I figure I have less to worry about from some power-drunk TSA agent. Thanks!
I believe I have seen the same approach of tacking on the middle initital to the end of the first name in UA as well. I always thought it was SOP to handle inclusion of the middle name.
I got around this by providing my full middle name rather than the initial. For me, my middle initial changed my name from Brian to Briana.... lots of questions from TSA, and then typically, a... oh yeah.... middle initial....
Brian