Koru Joining Fee

Subscribe
Hi there,

I have >500 Airpoints Dollars and want to use these for a years membership to Koru. Unfortunately I see there is a $255 joining fee which I don't really understand the reason for.

Is anybody aware of a promo code or way to get around paying this fee??

Any help is appreciated.

Jaron
some NZ credit cards that are affiliated with airpoints provide for the joining fee to be waived

here is the detail:
http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/airpo...mparison-table
Hi jaronvdw, welcome to FT!

Some 'clubs' have a joining fee (paid once) and then annual fees. The joining fee 'encourages' a continuance beyond the first year.

Some company corporate schemes discount or waive the joining fee, as do some credit cards.

Cheers, TK
You do know that Space+ outside of domestic flights has been severely compromised, right? If you want the lounge access, that's fine - but just be aware that, for example, the 767s on Trans-Tasman routes have no Space+ at all.
Quote: Hi there,

I have >500 Airpoints Dollars and want to use these for a years membership to Koru. Unfortunately I see there is a $255 joining fee which I don't really understand the reason for.

Is anybody aware of a promo code or way to get around paying this fee??

Any help is appreciated.

Jaron
Only way to waive the fee is by having a Global Plus Platinum, ANZ Airpoints Platinum or Air NZ American Express Platinum card or by joining via a corporate scheme.

Sometimes NZ have a promo for Jade and Silver FF members to waive the joining fee but haven't seen one of these promos for almost 2 years now.
[QUOTE=NZ_Flyer;15774376]Only way to waive the fee is by having a Global Plus Platinum, ANZ Airpoints Platinum or Air NZ American Express Platinum card or by joining via a corporate scheme.

[QUOTE]

Kiwi bank Platinum as well has joining fee waiver as well - but not the $145 Koru membership yearly fee discount (the other cards do have this)
Has it ever been verified whether or not those who drop down from Gold can join Koru without paying the joining fee?
Quote: Has it ever been verified whether or not those who drop down from Gold can join Koru without paying the joining fee?
Someone posted that on here - you have a grace period after you drop from Gold to join with no joining fee. But I couldn't find it on the search engine!
Quote: Someone posted that on here - you have a grace period after you drop from Gold to join with no joining fee. But I couldn't find it on the search engine!
I recall someone said 3 months grace period to rejoin without paying joining fee
Yes, last time I checked it is 3 months.