extra adult fee for a suite?

Subscribe
Has anyone been charged the fee for an extra adult while staying in a suite? I've booked a suite for an upcoming stay at the Fairmont Orchid and, looking at the fine print it says there's a $75 fee for an extra adult.

I hadn't thought about it since the suite has a king bed in one room and a queen sleeper sofa in another room, and 2 bathrooms - it should easily accomodate an extra person, so I'm wondering if we'll be charged the extra adult fee. If so, would it be per day, or just per stay?

My reservation is currently for 2, but there's no mention of room occupancy. I'm not going to be sneaky or anything - we'll be checking in with 3 adults present, and we'll be requesting a room key for each person since the suites will generously accomodate 3 adults. But I am curious as to whether this fee is regularly charged for suites, if it's more of a regular room thing, or if it's just there in the fine print and never comes up.

Thanks! ^
Quote: Has anyone been charged the fee for an extra adult while staying in a suite? I've booked a suite for an upcoming stay at the Fairmont Orchid and, looking at the fine print it says there's a $75 fee for an extra adult.

I hadn't thought about it since the suite has a king bed in one room and a queen sleeper sofa in another room, and 2 bathrooms - it should easily accomodate an extra person, so I'm wondering if we'll be charged the extra adult fee. If so, would it be per day, or just per stay?

My reservation is currently for 2, but there's no mention of room occupancy. I'm not going to be sneaky or anything - we'll be checking in with 3 adults present, and we'll be requesting a room key for each person since the suites will generously accomodate 3 adults. But I am curious as to whether this fee is regularly charged for suites, if it's more of a regular room thing, or if it's just there in the fine print and never comes up.

Thanks! ^
I've seen this charge quoted before.. What I did was on a pop up of the reservation was a discrepancy where the additional adults were charged $0. This discrepancy has since been removed, and no longer in the system. There maybe another discrepancy.. Call reservations and see if you can add an additional adult, and see if the rate changes. Then receive a paper confirmation confirming three adults for the quoted rate.. do this if the rate is the same for 3 adults, as if there was only 2 adults.

We printed out the proof, about 7 years ago when we stayed at the Orchid.. went in with both mothers, including myself and my wife. They never asked for proof, and never charged us extra.