Booking online vs over the phone

Subscribe
It seems everyone here books reward travel over the phone rather than online. So for that booking fee, what do you get?

I see that you can book more than 1 stopover on international flights (and what are the hidden rules like?).

Perhaps you can hold your reservation and keep calling back checking for better seats before actually redeeming?

What else?

Sorry for the newbie questions. Thanks.
havent booked over the phone in a while, but ]what i usually do is look online first. if the routing seems reasonable i book it, but if it seems crazy (2+stops, etc) usually call in.

overall unless its a simple NAmerica direct reservation, its usually worth a call to see what they come up with...they seem to be able to put more together than the AP booking tool.
the other thing phone booking can do for you is open up many more routing options vis a vis booking you under multiple codeshare agreements on the same ticket. where online you will find AC+1 other. whereby if you look online you may find there are no routing options available for your dates. but when you call in you may be routed from ac to ua to co, for example.

JR