Pocket knife stolen from checked baggage

Subscribe
Recently I returned from San Juan, PR, and checked one bag in which was my pocket knife. Upon opening my bag at home I found the notice from TSA that my bag had been searched. Nothing seemed to be disturbed (mostly dirty laundry) but my pocket knife was missing. No mention was made of seizing anything. Whew! I feel safer now.
Quote: Recently I returned from San Juan, PR, and checked one bag in which was my pocket knife. Upon opening my bag at home I found the notice from TSA that my bag had been searched. Nothing seemed to be disturbed (mostly dirty laundry) but my pocket knife was missing. No mention was made of seizing anything. Whew! I feel safer now.
I have had more then a few items stolen from my bags over time. Easiest thing is to file a claim with both the airline and TSA(TSA in general and the FSD of the SJU airport) if there not responsive then send another letter letting them know that they can answer to there liability in small claims court as theft is inexcusable. that normally gets a payment real quick. the two times i have had to go to small claims court I won and both sides were forced to pay, or be subject to a asset seizure (havent had to press this but its a option).

I had one knife in particular that was stolen that only TSA would have known where it was (inside of case, inside another and another). The knife was a special military folder done by Benchmade was worth over $300 and was a gift from a friend of mine was killed in Afghanistan so it had alot of meaning to me beyond its monetary value. Both sides pointed fingers at each other until i filed small claims paperwork against Gerad Arpey (head of AA) and the MIA FSD Mark Hatfield Jr. Naming them personally in the case got there attention because TSA coughed up $$$ very quickly and AA gave me a voucher for more then the value of the knife and 50K miles.

In any case you have to have your ducks in a row and be very insistent and keep the pressure on to get anything done.
Quote: Recently I returned from San Juan, PR, and checked one bag in which was my pocket knife. Upon opening my bag at home I found the notice from TSA that my bag had been searched. Nothing seemed to be disturbed (mostly dirty laundry) but my pocket knife was missing. No mention was made of seizing anything. Whew! I feel safer now.
You should call the FBI. As far as you know someone inside the sterile area of the San Juan airport now has a banned weapon and could threaten a flight.
Quote: You should call the FBI. As far as you know someone inside the sterile area of the San Juan airport now has a banned weapon and could threaten a flight.
+1000