Amazon Payments

Subscribe
i haven't found it yet, so can someone tell me if this thread includes a list of cc's/banks known to backfire (either charge cash advance fee or otherwise not work) when used with AP?
Citi will treat as Cash Advance
I used Citi AMEX early Oct, 2012 and there was no fee. Unless I missed some valuable comments, I don't think Citi treats AP as cash advance.

I may need to use Citi AA biz card in the near future so please correct me if things have changed. Thanks.
Quote: I used Citi AMEX early Oct, 2012 and there was no fee. Unless I missed some valuable comments, I don't think Citi treats AP as cash advance.

I may need to use Citi AA biz card in the near future so please correct me if things have changed. Thanks.
Used Citi AA biz a week or so ago with no fee.
Quote: Used Citi AA biz a week or so ago with no fee.
Has anyone used the Citi Personal AA Visa with AP? I just signed up for it, and I'll need AP to meet the min spend.
Quote: Citi will treat as Cash Advance
This statement is simply incorrect. Citi does not treat Amazon Payments as a cash advance.

Citi does treat any purchase from a financial institution as a cash advance.

Quote: Has anyone used the Citi Personal AA Visa with AP? I just signed up for it, and I'll need AP to meet the min spend.
Works just fine. Enjoy the points!
Quote: Citi will treat as Cash Advance
As has been repeated, this is wrong.

When I'm not trying to meet minimum spend requirements I sometimes use my TY Premier through AP in order to get access to my flight points.
Quote: As has been repeated, this is wrong.

When I'm not trying to meet minimum spend requirements I sometimes use my TY Premier through AP in order to get access to my flight points.
This is driving me nuts. For the longest time I was convinced I should keep my Citi Cards away from AP... then Milevalue posted about using AP for min spend, and I actually argued with him about it in the comments. I keep on getting different answers. Why the confusion?
What is the fee for exceeding the $1,000 limit on Amazon Payments? I don't see anything on Amazon's website about their WebPay fee structure. If it's something small like 1%, it may be worth meeting minimum spend in one payment to be done with it...
Quote: This is driving me nuts. For the longest time I was convinced I should keep my Citi Cards away from AP... then Milevalue posted about using AP for min spend, and I actually argued with him about it in the comments. I keep on getting different answers. Why the confusion?
I've used my AA Citi Amex, AA Citi Visa, and AA Citi Biz cards with AP. No problems wiht any of the three.
Quote: What is the fee for exceeding the $1,000 limit on Amazon Payments? I don't see anything on Amazon's website about their WebPay fee structure. If it's something small like 1%, it may be worth meeting minimum spend in one payment to be done with it...
AP will not allow you to send more than $1,000/month. It's not a matter of an extra fee, it's hardwired into the system to not let you do it.
I just signed up with AP

Went to the page where it allows you to fund the account

But there is no credit card option

Only bank option

So how did you guys add funds with credit cards if there is no option there?

I am confused.
Quote: This is driving me nuts. For the longest time I was convinced I should keep my Citi Cards away from AP... then Milevalue posted about using AP for min spend, and I actually argued with him about it in the comments. I keep on getting different answers. Why the confusion?
I have seen comments on different threads that it will be treated as cash advance when purchasing AMEX gift cards. That might be where the confusion came from.
Quote: AP will not allow you to send more than $1,000/month. It's not a matter of an extra fee, it's hardwired into the system to not let you do it.
Thanks for solving the riddle!
Places that Citi will do a CA on:

Amex GCs
Wells Fargo PP
Chase PP cards (I think)

So I believe Citi's logic is, if the place where the card is being used is a financial institution, any transactions will be a CA.