Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 10, 2013, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mcdullhk88
Dead as of 10/13/14

Additionally, we have updated the terms and conditions of our User Agreement (https://payments.amazon.com/help/Personal-Accounts/User-Agreement-Policies/User-Agreement) that apply to your use of the products and services provided by Amazon Payments. Our updated User Agreement revises certain terms (including, among other things, the elimination of person-to-person payments). Our new User Agreement will become effective on October 13, 2014, which is more than 30 days from when we first posted our updated User Agreement. By continuing to use our services after October 13, 2014, you are agreeing to be bound by the terms and conditions of our new User Agreement.
FAQ's

Is Amazon Payments treated as a cash advance? No CC issuer has been reported as treating an AP transaction as a cash advance unless the sender selected "Payment is for Cash Advance" on the Send Money screen.
What does it mean when your payment is "pending"? Your payment will be reviewed. We are unsure whether this review is done by a human or computer. It should take less than 24 hours but is usually within minutes.
How should you describe your payment? "Goods or services" will allow you to charge with a CC and it will not be treated as a cash advance. Note: If you choose cash advance, it may be treated as such by your CC issuer; always choose Goods/Services. There is no reason to put anything in the optional description field - leave it blank.
What is the monthly limit for sending CC payments? $1,000 per calendar month per AP account
What is the monthly limit for receiving CC payments? $1,000 per calendar month per AP account
What if it is not allowing me to send/receive more than $500 or any at all? You probably have not verified your bank and/or added a CC. In order to get the full $1,000 allowance for sending and receiving you must have a bank verified AND a CC added to your account as a payment method.
Does AP qualify for special spending categories? Specifically it qualifies for Discover's (usually 4th quarter) category of online purchases but so far, not Chase's "5% CB on Amazon.com purchases." Refer to thread for other options.
Can you get shutdown? Yes.
How do you get shutdown? No one knows. Anecdotes are found throughout the thread. Some suspicious behavior that MIGHT get your AP account(s) shut down is listed below.
Which transaction is most advisable? A -> B -> C -> A (see here)
Are any fees charged during this process? No, not by Amazon Payments. If your transaction is treated as a cash advance by your card issuer--fees are possible. Beware and always double check that goods/services is selected!
Can you liquidate Amazon GC via AP? NO!
Can you liquidate other gift cards via AP? Yes. Note that you cannot liquidate the full value of a GC because amazon places a $1 hold while it verifies the validity of the GC. You can sometimes (not always) avoid the hold by entering an incorrect expiration date for the GC when adding it to your AP account, and after you have added it, go to "Edit my account settings," then to "Add edit or delete my credit cards" and edit the expiration date there.
When does the month end? It appears as if Amazon is on pacific time, so midnight PDT/PST is when the month resets.

It bears repeating that no one knows the methodology amazon uses to police AP transactions, determines which transactions violate its T&Cs, or identifies violators. However, various people in this thread and elsewhere have confirmed that their AP account(s) were shut down for the following reasons:
  • Associating one credit card number with more than one AP account (Be Careful if authorized user card has the same number as the primary card holder - in some instances the CC numbers are completely different)
  • Associating one bank account with more than one AP account
Print Wikipost

Amazon Payments

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2010, 12:48 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Amazon Payments

Is there a way around the $1,000 limit?
Old Nov 5, 2010, 1:53 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by Stoughton
Is there a way around the $1,000 limit?

Shhh!!
Old Nov 5, 2010, 2:18 pm

Programs: AA, United, BA, Delta, MR, SPG, PC
Originally Posted by CMHFlyerOH
Shhh!!
CMHFlyerOH, if there is truly a way, a PM would be much appreciated.. thanks
Old Nov 5, 2010, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by AsanteSana
CMHFlyerOH, if there is truly a way, a PM would be much appreciated.. thanks
I have tried and tried and tried. Can't figure it out. Any help (any hints) will be very appreciated.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 2:26 pm

abuse crackdown has started...
Old Nov 5, 2010, 2:51 pm

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
They've closed down multiple accounts because of this exact thing...check out the slickdeals thread here.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 8:59 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by johndeere19
They've closed down multiple accounts because of this exact thing...check out the slickdeals thread here.
Seen that and not looking for a way to do multiple accts but rather looking to find if theres a way to do more than $1k on a single acct (funded from the cc)
Old Nov 5, 2010, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by chespeak2002
abuse crackdown has started...
Sure has, I hope I don't get banned.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 10:15 pm

Question for those who have done this. Is the transaction shown as a purchase? You can PM me if more appropriate.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 2:00 am

I also tried to get information about Amazon payments but i couldn't get that. If anyone knows, Kindly help me.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 4:49 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by owenv
I also tried to get information about Amazon payments but i couldn't get that. If anyone knows, Kindly help me.
What information? Please be specific. But maybe start with the Slickdeals thread linked to above before posting more questions.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 9:35 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skywalk
Question for those who have done this. Is the transaction shown as a purchase? You can PM me if more appropriate.
Yes
Old Nov 6, 2010, 1:26 pm

You need to select for product or service when doing the transaction instead of for cash advance in order to have it show up as a purchase.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 1:45 pm

Looks like most are just setting up two accounts. It also looks like some have gotten caught by sending the maximum amount ($1k) to themselves in one payment. Your best bet looks to be sending several payments to a second account in one month, maybe payments of $250. Also, you may want to avoid sending another account money and then having that account send you money back on the same day.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 3:51 pm

Programs: UA, AA, SPG, HH
so are most of you guys creating two accounts both in your name and then sending the money or are you guys sending money to a spouse / friend and having them give you the cash?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.