Sheraton Tribeca New York [Master Thread]

Subscribe
Just made a reservation here for the last week of May for my father and myself. It will be our first time to NY. How good is the location for first timers to the city trying to take in all the main attractions? We hope to utilize the subway as much as possible.
Quote: Just made a reservation here for the last week of May for my father and myself. It will be our first time to NY. How good is the location for first timers to the city trying to take in all the main attractions? We hope to utilize the subway as much as possible.
If you're going to use the subway, you can be (almost) anywhere in Manhattan and hit all the "must see" attractions.

It's on Canal Street and practically on top of the A/C/E subway station. Canal street is a local stop for most subway lines and the hotel is within a 5 minute walk to every line with exception to the Sixth Avenue line.

You'll be fine.
Quote: Just made a reservation here for the last week of May for my father and myself. It will be our first time to NY. How good is the location for first timers to the city trying to take in all the main attractions? We hope to utilize the subway as much as possible.

Quote: If you're going to use the subway, you can be (almost) anywhere in Manhattan and hit all the "must see" attractions.

It's on Canal Street and practically on top of the A/C/E subway station. Canal street is a local stop for most subway lines and the hotel is within a 5 minute walk to every line with exception to the Sixth Avenue line.

You'll be fine.
You are literally at the edge of Chinatown and Little Italy, 2 must-see places in Manhattan. Awesome food too ^
Quote: You are literally at the edge of Chinatown and Little Italy, 2 must-see places in Manhattan. Awesome food too ^
+1

The best food in the city!^^^
Quote: +1

The best food in the city!^^^
I keep telling people that there is no decent food above 59th St.
Quote: I keep telling people that there is no decent food above 59th St.

Really??? I hope that was a joke.
Quote:
Really??? I hope that was a joke.
Sorry, my apologies....its 58th St (Tao) where it ends

I eat regularly when in NYC at Hale & Hearty which is good but theres no way I would venture up to 125th to eat

Sorry: There is a Starbucks on 125th I have been to...nothing else
Are there any decent paring nearby? I plan to arrive late ~10PM and leave from the hotel relatively early at 7AM. Are there street parking near by the hotel?
I use this site for NYC Parking

http://autoclub.centralparking.com/New-York.html

There are other, similar sites out there
FYI, Sheraton Tribeca is now a category 4, no longer a 5. Just saved some starpoints and cash.
Quote: Sorry, my apologies....its 58th St (Tao) where it ends

I eat regularly when in NYC at Hale & Hearty which is good but theres no way I would venture up to 125th to eat

Sorry: There is a Starbucks on 125th I have been to...nothing else
Well you need to come uptown more often. There are several great restaurants in the area to dine at, not to mention plenty of legendary lounges and desert shops.
  • Red Rooster
  • Melba's
  • 67 Orange Street
  • Chez Lucienne
  • Native
  • Nector
  • Chocolat

Quote: FYI, Sheraton Tribeca is now a category 4, no longer a 5. Just saved some starpoints and cash.
^ I stayed at this hotel a few weeks ago and although for me it's in a less convenient area (since I like to see shows and my friends mainly live in the HK area), I think I'd pick this Sheraton over the other Category 4 HK Element or Four Points properties for future stays.
Quote: FYI, Sheraton Tribeca is now a category 4, no longer a 5. Just saved some starpoints and cash.
Ditto. Today with the category change, I re-booked for an upcoming May trip -- Sheraton Tribeca's C&P rate went from 4800 points + $90/night to 4000 points + $60/night. ^

Of course, available inventory can change at any time, but I'm .
Quote: Are there any decent paring nearby? I plan to arrive late ~10PM and leave from the hotel relatively early at 7AM. Are there street parking near by the hotel?
There's off street parking on the side streets across from the hotel's main entrance (Wooster street). 7 AM may be fine - make sure you read the sign correctly. Shouldn't be a problem on weekdays.
It is weird. As of now I still see it as Cat 5. Maybe that was a "mistake" and they fixed it?