SeatGuru vs. SeatExpert: Which one to believe?

Subscribe
I am finding both websites have very differing opinions on seat quality.

For example I have two AF 343 long haul flights coming up in Affaires.

SeatGuru strongly encourages Seats 2A/B marking them green

SeatExpert recommends the other side of the plane...row one.... 1 J/K.... and calls 2A/B average.

Which site tends to be more accurate?
As with reviews of movies or gadgets or anything else, it's not the rating that matters but the writeup of what the rating is based on. They can be equally accurate, but emphasize different factors in the rating.
Seat guru has been very good for me. I should probably do some research into seat expert. I have been using seat guru for lufthansa a340-300 flights from yyz into fra the last 2 years and every time I book my seats with LH i use the seatguru maps. I have yet to be disappointed
So far I've found SeatGuru to be excellent and have more information than SeatExpert.

They also take tips and actually do something with them-- they were missing the information that a certain KL733 seat was missing a window so I told them and they had updated it on the site a few days later. So if you find they have an inaccuracy, tell them! In fact, I just checked and seatexpert is still missing that info.
I just noticed the two conflicting as well. I think I will believe SeatGuru and reserve according. Will let you guys know what I find.

Abagail
I cast my vote for seat guru as well.
I actually prefer SeatExpert. ^

I've been let down by SeatGuru lately, they don't even have the layout for Singapore Airlines' 777-200ER even though this plane flies to a number or European destinations, also Sydney, etc.

Also for the A380, both sites have inaccurate information about row 80 DEFG. Only the armrest between seats E and F is immovable, the ones between D and E as well as F and G are fine. Also, people don't congregate in front of those seats because there isn't enough room.
A site that lets user post reviews and then vote them up or down would be great.
Quote: I am finding both websites have very differing opinions on seat quality...Which site tends to be more accurate?
As you noted yourself, these are opinions. You'll have to develop your own experience on whose opinion you tend to agree with most of the time. FWIW, I look at both before long flights.
Quote: I actually prefer SeatExpert. ^

I've been let down by SeatGuru lately, they don't even have the layout for Singapore Airlines' 777-200ER even though this plane flies to a number or European destinations, also Sydney, etc.
True, some types aren't available. But most of the time Seat Guru has more types than Seat Expert. (That said, it stands to reason that Seat Expert also has a few that Seat Guru doesn't have.)

Quote:
Also for the A380, both sites have inaccurate information about row 80 DEFG. Only the armrest between seats E and F is immovable, the ones between D and E as well as F and G are fine. Also, people don't congregate in front of those seats because there isn't enough room.
As I said before: tell them! These websites are built on user input; the makers don't fly on every type of plane in every possible seat to make the website; though if they did they'd have killer mileage

And of course, the green/yellow/red thing is not factual, it's opinion. Most people would prefer not to be seated near the lavatories, for instance, but I'm sure there are people who prefer it.
Seatguru has always been good for me..
Quote: As I said before: tell them! These websites are built on user input; the makers don't fly on every type of plane in every possible seat to make the website; though if they did they'd have killer mileage
Mate, I tried to tell them and even took the effort to write to SeatGuru. To this day I have not received a response, and the information posted has not been corrected...
Quote: Mate, I tried to tell them and even took the effort to write to SeatGuru. To this day I have not received a response, and the information posted has not been corrected...
Ok, I'm sorry. That is not the experience I've had with them.
I've never had an opportunity to compare the two on a flight, but seatguru has always been accurate for me.
Random interesting fact: I believe both of the sites were founded by, and kind of as a result of, Flyertalk.