Upgrade Order

Subscribe
I searched but could not find the current upgrade priority list.

I came up with the following, is this still correct? Please correct if I am wrong.

Thanks!

Delta upgrade order:

Delta Diamond Medallion w/Delta Reserve AmEx on Full Y
Delta Diamond Medallion on Full Y
Delta Platinum Medallion on Full Y with Delta Reserve AmEx
Delta Platinum Medallion on Full Y
Delta Gold Medallion on Full Y with Delta Reserve AmEx
Delta Gold Medallion on Full Y
Delta Silver Medallion on Full Y with Delta Reserve AmEx
Delta Silver Medallion on Full Y
Delta Diamond Medallion on B, M, H, Q, K, L, U, T (in that order)
Delta Platinum Medallion on B, M, H, Q, K, L, U, T (in that order)
Delta Gold Medallion on B, M, H, Q, K, L, U, T (in that order)
Delta Silver Medallion on B, M, H, Q, K, L, U, T (in that order)
Delta Platinum Medallion on Y, B, M, H, Q, K using a companion upgrade to upgrade non-elite
Delta Gold Medallion on Y, B, M, H, Q, K using a companion upgrade to upgrade non-elite
Delta Silver Medallion on Y, B, M, H, Q, K using a companion upgrade to upgrade non-elite
Quote: I searched but could not find the current upgrade priority list.

I came up with the following, is this still correct? Please correct if I am wrong.

Thanks!

Delta upgrade order:

Delta Diamond Medallion w/Delta Reserve AmEx on Full Y
Delta Platinum Medallion on Full Y with Delta Reserve AmEx
Delta Gold Medallion on Full Y with Delta Reserve AmEx
Delta Silver Medallion on Full Y with Delta Reserve AmEx
Delta Diamond Medallion on B, M, H, Q, K, L, U, T (in that order)
Delta Platinum Medallion on B, M, H, Q, K, L, U, T (in that order)
Delta Gold Medallion on B, M, H, Q, K, L, U, T (in that order)
Delta Silver Medallion on B, M, H, Q, K, L, U, T (in that order)
Delta Platinum Medallion on Y, B, M, H, Q, K using a companion upgrade to upgrade non-elite
Delta Gold Medallion on Y, B, M, H, Q, K using a companion upgrade to upgrade non-elite
Delta Silver Medallion on Y, B, M, H, Q, K using a companion upgrade to upgrade non-elite
Looks right, except for "Delta Diamond Medallion on Y, B, M, H, Q, K using a companion upgrade to upgrade non-elite". Should go just above the appropriate PM line.

Also, as far as I'm aware, this is the ordering that applies (primarily) when going for gate upgrades. If I (as an FO) am already upgraded and confirmed, and then a DM with 3 bajillion MQM and Reserve Titanium Diamond Really Shiny Card SDCs to my flight, they won't bump me.

If you're upgrading at your window, the medallions at that window will be ordered according to that list as well.
There's also the Medallion Upgrade Priority Calculator (MUPC) http://cwsi.net/mupc.aspx
Quote: I searched but could not find the current upgrade priority list.

Thanks!

Delta upgrade order:
You didn't include medallions traveling on domestic award tickets (N class). I assume they would be included after T class in each category.
Quote: You didn't include medallions traveling on domestic award tickets (N class). I assume they would be included after T class in each category.
GMs+ only (no FOs). Also, those GM+ traveling on Pay with Miles tix are eligible, probably after the award upgrades at each medallion level. And having an Amex Delta Reserve card and then ticketing time are used as tie-breakers for those with the same medallion level & ticket class.
Quote: Also, as far as I'm aware, this is the ordering that applies (primarily) when going for gate upgrades. If I (as an FO) am already upgraded and confirmed, and then a DM with 3 bajillion MQM and Reserve Titanium Diamond Really Shiny Card SDCs to my flight, they won't bump me.
LMAO
Z class
Where does Z fit into this list?
Quote: Where does Z fit into this list?
Z is the fare class/bucket you upgrade into using a SWU. If your ticket says Z you are already as high as you can get.

BTW - welcome to FT!
Companion is also a Medallion
I've always been confused where you fall in the pecking order if your companion is also a medallion and on the same PNR.

For instance I'm PM, but my partner is FO. I understand it drops me down to FO for the upgrade, but I've had instances (again on the same PNR) in which I was upgraded and he wasn't (not a good thing). I assumed we'd be either upgraded together or not at all. Though this happened a few years ago out of Vegas and who knows what the other issues were effecting the flight.
Bump.

For 2015/2016 is this upgrade order still accurate?
Quote: Bump.

For 2015/2016 is this upgrade order still accurate?
No. Numerous changes, including more fare classes being introduced, award/PWM tickets becoming upgrade eligible for some Medallions.
Quote: Z is the fare class/bucket you upgrade into using a SWU. If your ticket says Z you are already as high as you can get.

BTW - welcome to FT!
On DL flights, Z is deep discount D1 or business class.

Let's not forget X and V fares, or S fares, so that the order after FULL Y should be as follows:

Any Y fare that isn't treated as FULL Y, B M S H Q K L U T X V award tickets.

The list doesn't list instrument supported instruments.

The new DL C+ (W) fares are obviously missing.
Quote: The new DL C+ (W) fares are obviously missing.
I don't think W fares will affect upgrade priority. The second letter in the fare basis is used for upgrade priority for confirmed Comfort+ customers if I remember correctly.
Quote: On DL flights, Z is deep discount D1 or business class.

Let's not forget X and V fares, or S fares, so that the order after FULL Y should be as follows:

Any Y fare that isn't treated as FULL Y, B M S H Q K L U T X V award tickets.

The list doesn't list instrument supported instruments.

The new DL C+ (W) fares are obviously missing.
This thread is 5 years old. At the time, Z was the upgrade bucket for Delta flights. As you point out there are many additional classes of service that have changed the validity of this thread.
Delta Diamond Medallion on B, M, H, Q, K, L, U, T, X, V, N, Pay with Miles (in that order)
Delta Platinum Medallion on B, M, H, Q, K, L, U, T, X, V, N, Pay with Miles (in that order)
Delta Gold Medallion on B, M, H, Q, K, L, U, T, X, V, N, Pay with Miles (in that order)
Delta Silver Medallion on B, M, H, Q, K, L, U, T, X, V, Pay with Miles (in that order)
Delta Diamond Medallion Companion on B, M, H, Q, K, L, U, T, X, V
Delta Platinum Medallion Companion on B, M, H, Q, K, L, U, T, X, V
Delta Gold Medallion Companion on B, M, H, Q, K, L, U, T, X, V
Delta Silver Medallion Companion on B, M, H, Q, K, L, U, T, X, V

Medallions who has the Delta Amex Reserve card received priority upgrade within the same Medallion Level and Same Fare class.
i.e PM on a V fare with Reserve beat another PM on a V fare who doesn't have Reserve but
PM on a X fare will still trump PM on a V fare with Reserve.

Above are taking RU/OU inventory

Delta Diamond using GUC
Delta Diamond using RUC
Delta Platinum using RUC
Delta Diamond Companion using GUC
Delta Diamond Companion using RUC
Delta Platinum Companion using RUC
Delta Diamond using Miles for Upgrade
Delta Platinum using Miles for Upgrdae
Delta Gold using Miles for Upgrdes
Delta Silver using Miles for Upgrade
Delta Skymiles Member using Miles for Upgrade

if the GUC/RUC companion has a medallion status I suspect it will be clear earlier then non elite pax

Upgrade with miles works for K or above fare on domestic flight,
Y, B, M only on international flight.

the above instrument upgrade are taking RP/OP inventory