LA-AA Connection in LAX

Subscribe
I have a 2h50m connection in LAX arriving at 06:50 on LA and connection to domestic AA. Is this enough time to clear customs, etc., and get to the next flight? Is there any sort of fasttrack for J class pax?

I have only connected through LAX on QF-AA, and my layovers have been substantially longer.

Thx.
This is on of the most subjective questions, as the answer is always "depends".

The only objective measure is the airlines' minimum connection time, which is 2:00.
Never arrived on a LA flight, but i believe you will arrive at Bradley. Immigration, Customs there. It can take from 20 min from leaving the plane to leaving the customs area up to around 1:30, but most of the time less than 1 hour. No fasttrack for J. Just try to be quick and hope that there are no other flights arriving just before yours. In case they bus you get the first bus and stand close to the driver.

You can drop the baggage after you leave the customs are (turn right, not left to street level after customs).

The AA terminal is just next to the Bradley terminal. Turn right afte rleaving the building, it is a quick walk.
Assume you already have your boarding pass. You then need to pass security (premium entrance on the Bradley side of the AA terminal and be at your gate in time.

2:50 seems to be very doable if your inbound is not delayed too much. If everything goes well you will have 1:30 in the lounge.
Quote: I have a 2h50m connection in LAX arriving at 06:50 on LA and connection to domestic AA. Is this enough time to clear customs, etc., and get to the next flight? Is there any sort of fasttrack for J class pax?

I have only connected through LAX on QF-AA, and my layovers have been substantially longer.

Thx.
You can easily make it.
I have flown in on LA with an early AM arrival many times and, although I'm a US citizen and get a different line, if you are near the front of the plane, the line should be quite short when you get to immigration. I believe QF has a big arrival about the same time, but it has never held me up very long. In fact, I usually see people who went to the extranjero line waiting for bags at the same time that I am. Sometimes the customs line gets a bit unwieldy, but usually not more than 15 minutes, and sometimes just a couple of minutes.

I'm not sure if AA has a baggage re-drop just past customs, or if you need to bring it to T-4. In any event, it is a short walk (outside) to the right, around the curve in roadway, to get to AA. Don't take the bus.
Thanks, everyone. I've only flown through LAX TBIT a few times before, and always with a substantial layover so I never really payed attention to times and distances. I feel a lot more comfortable with the connection now - might even get to enjoy the AC!

Thanks, again.