Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: STL / St. Louis Admirals Club (old and temporary sites)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 8, 2015, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
This is one of two archived threads of older posts about the STL / St. Louis Lambert International Airport Admirals Club.

STL / St. Louis - Lambert Int'l. Airport Concourse C Admirals Club (master thread)

The older archived thread is ARCHIVE: STL Admirals Club
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2010, 7:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, MR Plat, PC Plat, SPG Gold

While flying out of the STL yesterday, the friendly lounge dragon at the AC informed me that the STL AC will be remodeled. The issue came up with regards to how the club was doing financially, and she said that it must be doing well enough since the STL AC was going to be remodeled.

I did not ask any follow up questions, but will do so when I am back in the AC tomorrow. Also, I did not notice any present construction.

ZakkW

BTW - The thread below was so old and potentially not relevant that I thought it would be better to create a new thread.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...el-stl-ac.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MODERATOR'S NOTE

6/8/11 - For a few photos of the temporary club, see the link in this post by Microwave.

6/6/11 - knirbed has [POST=16511736"]reported[/POST] the STL temporary club at the old Cheers restaurant location is now OPEN.

The STL Admirals Club has been closed temporarily due to damage from the April 22, 2011 tornado. According to information posted by members in this thread, agents are reportedly stationed outside the closed club and wifi is available. Work is in progress on a temporary club at the old Cheers restaurant location. Reopening of the main club location is expected to take 9-12 months.

For general updates on the STL Airport following the April 22, 2011 tornado, please see this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...1-tornado.html

dstan
AA Forum Co-Moderator

Last edited by JDiver; May 8, 2015 at 1:02 pm Reason: photos of temp club
Old Sep 24, 2010, 7:32 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by ZakkW
While flying out of the STL yesterday, the friendly lounge dragon at the AC informed me that the STL AC will be remodeled. The issue came up with regards to how the club was doing financially, and she said that it must be doing well enough since the STL AC was going to be remodeled.

I did not ask any follow up questions, but will do so when I am back in the AC tomorrow. Also, I did not notice any present construction.

ZakkW

BTW - The thread below was so old and potentially not relevant that I thought it would be better to create a new thread.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...el-stl-ac.html
The STL AC seems to be one of the more modern ones and larger domestic ones. Everytime that I have been there the AC has seemed very underutilized (no doubt due to the schedule cuts). But this would to bed the fear that the AC there would be closing.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 7:55 am

Programs: AA PLT AA 1MM
Seems like we have a smaller AC to look forward to. Much better than no AC!
Old Sep 24, 2010, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dia1
Seems like we have a smaller AC to look forward to. Much better than no AC!
Smaller has seemed reasonable for some time. I agree that this is very good news indeed - not that the club really needed a remodel, but that AA is putting money into it indicates that they see it as an ongoing proposition.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
The STL AC seems to be one of the more modern ones and larger domestic ones.

Isn't that because it previously was the flagship Ambassador's Club for the TWA STL home city hub? It is a beautiful club. Do they still have the self-serve carbonated drink nozzle?
Old Sep 24, 2010, 8:17 am

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
The STL AC seems to be one of the more modern ones and larger domestic ones. Everytime that I have been there the AC has seemed very underutilized (no doubt due to the schedule cuts). But this would to bed the fear that the AC there would be closing.

Larger yes, modern I don't know, I always found it rather dark because of the furniture and the wood they use. They probably only need one third of the current space however. The last time I was there, I don't remember having anymore than 15 people at any one given time. The club right now is simply way too big but remodeling it does give a sort of reassurance it's not next on the chopping block (eg SJC). I do hope they will keep that TWA glass near the bar for history sake though.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ESpen36
Isn't that because it previously was the flagship Ambassador's Club for the TWA STL home city hub? It is a beautiful club. Do they still have the self-serve carbonated drink nozzle?
No self-serve carbonated drink nozzle anymore. I don't know if it will come back due to the new free booze policy. If they set the free booze out helpee-selfee, then it would make sense to do the same with soft drinks.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Short hair Francis
Larger yes, modern I don't know, I always found it rather dark because of the furniture and the wood they use.
It is interesting how tastes differ. I always felt that it had more of the feel of an exclusive gentleman's club, primarily due to the darker furniture and wood. The more "modern" clubs have a distinct hotel lobby feel to them, IMO. Perhaps some are more comfortable with that look and feel.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 8:55 am

Programs: AA PLT AA 1MM
I much prefer the traditional look at STL, too--perhaps because most of the chairs are actually something one can sit in, unlike most of the chairs in most of the clubs now. I have found myself spending half of my time on the first visit to almost every newly remodeled AC trying chairs to find one I can actually tolerate sitting in for more than 3 minutes.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 1:51 pm

Programs: AA-EXP 3MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Thumbs up

Good news. I always thought that club was old and dated. Dark and the brass -- omg yuck

But, as politely pointed out, to each his own
Old Sep 24, 2010, 1:52 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
As there were no recent threads on the STL AC, I've retitled this one as the new consolidated thread and have added it to the list in the FAQ.

/Moderator
Old Sep 24, 2010, 2:35 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
I think the "remodel" is really the "reduction", that they're going to "make" the club smaller, noting how much of it is underutilized.
Was talking to Harlan about it when I was thru there a month ago, and that seemed to be his impression. The bartender (not our man Tim) also said he'd heard they were looking to cut down the size of the club.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 4:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, Delta Platinum Medallion,AMEX Plat,Hyatt GP Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
My girlfriend and I are in the middle of a few MRs going through STL and every chance we get we stop by the STL AC - really nice and helpful staff, and we like the fact that there are a lot of seating choices! Hoping that the remodel includes fully reclining lounge chairs like the ones at the DFW AC.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 4:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MR LT PPE, Arise Mucci des Hommes de Fer
Originally Posted by Pueo1
My girlfriend and I are in the middle of a few MRs going through STL and every chance we get we stop by the STL AC - really nice and helpful staff, and we like the fact that there are a lot of seating choices! Hoping that the remodel includes fully reclining lounge chairs like the ones at the DFW AC.
Glad to hear this.^ Some of the best AAgnels in the system.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 5:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP/Admiral's Club; Amex Platinum; AA Citi Executive; SPG Gold
I'm perfectly satisfied with the club as it is. It's spacious and has a nice bar. Very classic feel to the place. I don't like this constant drive that AA has to standardize all of the clubs and make them look the same. I think that each club should incorporate some themes from the surrounding area (like the old BOS club)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.