"Strength in Numbers" promo: Anyone gotten pts?

Subscribe
It's now been 6 weeks since the end of the "Strength in Numbers" promotion, which offered bonus points for partner transactions. (I am not in the least bit surprised that my points have not shown up, as I don't think I've ever gotten promotion/shopping points without several months of phone calls, emails and letters.)

I was wondering if anyone here has seen any bonus points from this promotion yet, so I know if it's time to begin the inevitable fight that may or may not end up with AGR finally conceding "goodwill" points for transactions that should have been automatically awarded bonus points. I am really hoping that after October, things are not like this anymore.

Anyone?
I had frankly forgotten about this but do not see that anything was ever posted. I have found that AGR frequently has a problem with partners, but otherwise has given me excellent service. That said, I have to admit that I use my airline rewards programs more often when shopping as I have had fewer problems. I did use AGR for a Budget rental this year and pursued the AGR points as it totaled 3300 and I felt it was worth it.
Quote: I had frankly forgotten about this but do not see that anything was ever posted. I have found that AGR frequently has a problem with partners, but otherwise has given me excellent service. That said, I have to admit that I use my airline rewards programs more often when shopping as I have had fewer problems. I did use AGR for a Budget rental this year and pursued the AGR points as it totaled 3300 and I felt it was worth it.
I also have found myself using other rewards programs instead of AGR, because it really is a hassle having to "pursue" the points every time. You email, they tell you to call. You call, they tell you to email. You call and email, they tell you to write. The partner says it's AGR's responsibility, AGR says it's the partner's responsibility, and both tell you to contact the other one. More often than not, this dance goes on for several months.

I used to go out of my way to transact with AGR partners, especially for special occasions for flowers etc., but now I go out of my way to avoid it because either the points just never materialize or the promised bonuses (double points, promos etc.) are never credited. I'm hoping that when things change over in October, this is one of the issues that will be resolved.
None yet, and I used three partners (not in the way that sounds ).
Quote: I also have found myself using other rewards programs instead of AGR, because it really is a hassle having to "pursue" the points every time. You email, they tell you to call. You call, they tell you to email. You call and email, they tell you to write. The partner says it's AGR's responsibility, AGR says it's the partner's responsibility, and both tell you to contact the other one. More often than not, this dance goes on for several months.

I used to go out of my way to transact with AGR partners, especially for special occasions for flowers etc., but now I go out of my way to avoid it because either the points just never materialize or the promised bonuses (double points, promos etc.) are never credited. I'm hoping that when things change over in October, this is one of the issues that will be resolved.
I do the same thing. Hopefully in October when they bring AGR in house things will change.
Well, color me shocked!

Twenty minutes on the phone with AGR customer service, and they swear I have to send them my invoice (the transaction was a hotel stay in June, for which the standard 500 points were awarded... after a phone call to Hyatt, of course) before they can credit me with the bonus points for this promotion. NOWHERE does it state that in the T&C for this or any promotion, except maybe in that last "we can screw this up any way we want and you have no recourse" one:

* Earn bonus points on partner transactions from June 1 - July 31, 2010.
* Earn up to 1,700 bonus points. Earn bonus points on your first transaction within a category. Members can only earn one bonus point award in each category during the promotional timeframe. Use all four categories and earn an additional 1,000 bonus points.
o Shopping: Earn 100 bonus points with 1-800-Flowers, Audience Rewards, Barclay's Wine, Buy Points, Energy Plus, Points for Wireless, Samsonite, TD AMERITRADE, Teleflora, Vinesse
o Cruise: Earn 200 bonus points with Cruise Locators
o Car Renting/Sharing: Earn 200 bonus points with Budget, Enterprise, Hertz, Zipcar
o Hotel: Earn 200 bonus points with Choice, Hilton, Hyatt, Omni, Starwood, Wyndham
* Bonus points are awarded on the first transaction within each category.
* Must be an Amtrak Guest Rewards® member and register for this offer online
* Members must include their membership number with partner transactions in order to receive the points.
* Cancelled or refunded purchases/bookings will be deemed ineligible.
* Please allow 4-6 weeks from promotion end date for bonus points to be awarded.
* Other terms and conditions may apply.

I'm just so done with this. Every single time, without exception, this is how it goes with AGR. From now on I stick with other rewards programs (like Continental), where at least there's a chance I'll see the points I was promised for transacting with their partners.

(Oh, and first she told me I didn't get the points because I didn't transact with three partners... HUH?!)
I rarely have a problem with partner transactions posting. (Like kspeed55, I had problems with Budget last year, but got the points posted by writing to Budget's loyalty desk and copying AGR. I received a written reply from Budget and the points posted.)

I too have not received any Strength in Numbers points. Can't even find a reference to it on the AGR site anymore.
Quote: I rarely have a problem with partner transactions posting. (Like kspeed55, I had problems with Budget last year, but got the points posted by writing to Budget's loyalty desk and copying AGR. I received a written reply from Budget and the points posted.)

I too have not received any Strength in Numbers points. Can't even find a reference to it on the AGR site anymore.
You're lucky to not have had these problems. Here I was thinking all I had to do was make a purchase, provide my member number and/or shop through a link, and PRESTO! Points credited to my account!

Yet every time, it's the same malarkey. I shouldn't have to mail in written proof of each transaction to get the points. The fact that Hyatt told them I stayed there in June (see? Right there in my account, the 500 points from Hyatt at the end of June!) should be enough to apply the promo points. And if it's not, either call them yourselves to confirm it OR make some sort of arrangements with your partners for them to provide you with all the information you need, such as the date and/or amount of transaction... that seems to be plain old common sense to me, and easily accomplished. It also seems unlikely to me that the partner doesn't provide them with this information, which is what AGR is claiming.

At any rate, it shouldn't be the customer doing all the legwork to get points credited when you and your partner are offering a promotion. I did my job. I spent my money with your partner instead of choosing someone else. Now it's between you and them to do the rest.

//END RANT

Call about your Strength in Numbers points (those are the full T&C I posted, for reference) and see what you're told.

PS: "Colbert Platinum."
Quote: (Like kspeed55, I had problems with Budget last year, but got the points posted by writing to Budget's loyalty desk and copying AGR. I received a written reply from Budget and the points posted.)
I had an interesting experience with getting my Budget points posted. I first e-mailed AGR and got a reply that I should send my information to Budget. I got everything together with a cover letter and mailed it off. A few days later I got it back with a notation that the address was invalid. I replied to the e-mail telling him of this and he told me to call AGR. I called AGR and she told me to call Budget and if they couldn’t do anything, to call AGR back and they would escalate it. I called Budget, the woman accessed my information and said that the points were on there way to AGR. I asked her how long it would take and she said to allow two days. A week and a half later they weren’t there, so I called AGR again. This woman told me that the situation had already been escalated by the previous agent. She told me to allow two to three weeks for the points to post. I checked my account that afternoon and the points had been posted.

This partners problem might be something AGR should investigate as I assume that they have partners because it is financially to their advantage. I do want to reiterate, I have had only one other problem with AGR in the years that I have dealt with them so if this is the only downside I can live with it.
Vicki Respond Please
Vicki can you provide enlightment to all those who have posted messages as to why they have to go through so much pain and anguish to get their points.
I just had 200 points post. Description: "60110- Partner Promotion". Would that be Strength in Numbers?

EDIT: The posting just changed to "60110-Strenth [sic] In Numbers promo". AGR Insider, if you're lurking on this thread and are responsible for this, thanks for clarifying. Now I just need one more posting and I'll be set...
Quote: I just had 200 points post. Description: "60110- Partner Promotion". Would that be Strength in Numbers?

EDIT: The posting just changed to "60110-Strenth [sic] In Numbers promo". AGR Insider, if you're lurking on this thread and are responsible for this, thanks for clarifying. Now I just need one more posting and I'll be set...
Yet I have to send in written proof of my transaction, even though it's RIGHT THERE IN MY ACCOUNT THAT I STAYED AT HYATT IN JUNE?!
Haha, the posting changed yet again to correctly read, "Strength In Numbers Promotion".

Quote: Yet I have to send in written proof of my transaction, even though it's RIGHT THERE IN MY ACCOUNT THAT I STAYED AT HYATT IN JUNE?!
Well, the bonus points can't point until the original transaction does. That said, your Kafkaesque misadventure in getting the points posted is regrettable.
Bonus points for the Strength in Numbers – 2010 Partner Promotion (registration code 60110) were posted September 14, 2010. Per the promotion Terms and Conditions, bonus points are awarded 4-6 weeks after the promotion end date to allow for all partner transactions to post to member accounts prior to the bonus points being award. By waiting this time period (plus a few extra days this time), we hope to eliminate missing any transactions. However should your partner transaction post after September 14, 2010, please contact the service center and we’ll be happy to award your bonus points. Thanks for your patience.

Vicky Radke
Program Director, Loyalty Marketing
Quote: Haha, the posting changed yet again to correctly read, "Strength In Numbers Promotion".

Well, the bonus points can't point until the original transaction does. That said, your Kafkaesque misadventure in getting the points posted is regrettable.
?? My original transaction posted on June 24.