Drop off at DCA for Alaska?

Subscribe
I've never driven to DCA before, and my friend is flying in this weekend.

For picking her up, I gather DCA has a cell phone lot, so that's fine. She leaves Sunday afternoon (5:30pm), and that's where I'm wondering what to plan for.

How much lead time should I give for her to make it through security and all? She doesn't have status with Alaska (that I know of). Are there any tips for dropping off passengers at DCA?

Thanks!
Quote: I've never driven to DCA before, and my friend is flying in this weekend.

For picking her up, I gather DCA has a cell phone lot, so that's fine. She leaves Sunday afternoon (5:30pm), and that's where I'm wondering what to plan for.

How much lead time should I give for her to make it through security and all? She doesn't have status with Alaska (that I know of). Are there any tips for dropping off passengers at DCA?

Thanks!
I'd leave about 90 mins for check-in and security at that time on a Sunday given your friend has no status. As for drop-off, I would say don't linger in the car or at the kerbside with your friend unless you want attention from the airport police who are very pro-active/aggressive about moving you along!
Quote: I'd leave about 90 mins for check-in and security at that time on a Sunday given your friend has no status. As for drop-off, I would say don't linger in the car or at the kerbside with your friend unless you want attention from the airport police who are very pro-active/aggressive about moving you along!
i remember the old DCA, no police, terrible drop off area. took 30 min just to approach the area. would drive through the tunnel underneath to drop people off.