25 minutes to change planes at BWI - is that realistic?

Subscribe
The new schedule includes an ISP-PHX itinerary that provides just 25 minutes to change planes at BWI. I thought 30 minutes was the minimum, especially when you might have to switch between the A and B gate areas. Unless the ISP-BWI flight arrives early, and the gates are close by, it seems a safe bet that you'd get stuck in a middle seat in the back of the plane for five long hours- that is, if you make the connection at all. Also, Early Bird would be useless! Has anyone had to make this quick a scheduled connection at BWI?
I've made the connection many times.

Sometimes the gate is right next to the arrival gate. Sometimes it's way across the airport, meaning a 5-10 min walk.

Usually the WN flight schedules are padded, so you'll normally land a bit early anyway. In most cases boarding is underwayh but not finished. Once they were paging me (duh, didn't they look at their screen and see my connecting flight just landed) as I walked towards the gate, meaning we boarded after the C's with our A-list pases, and sat in separate middle seats.
Quote: The new schedule includes an ISP-PHX itinerary that provides just 25 minutes to change planes at BWI. I thought 30 minutes was the minimum, especially when you might have to switch between the A and B gate areas. Unless the ISP-BWI flight arrives early, and the gates are close by, it seems a safe bet that you'd get stuck in a middle seat in the back of the plane for five long hours- that is, if you make the connection at all. Also, Early Bird would be useless! Has anyone had to make this quick a scheduled connection at BWI?
25 minutes is the recommended minimum connection time in bwi. recommended connection times take into account there will be passengers with mobility problems. schedule planners help by arranging aircraft in the gates accordingly. i doubt you'll have any trouble, if southwest schedules it, they're sayin it can be done....
Not an issue generally making the flight as I have done the same at BWI many times but as you state the distance from A7 to B20 is huge and I like the much concessions more at BWI (there is really nothing at ISP). If you stop being as I would do being on my employers dime and its a long way to PHX, its going to be close and you do risk making your "A" moot.

WN does pad greatly, especially ISP-MDW, but not as much ISP-BWI IME. You might want to bring your own food and run...