Upgrade on BA using BA miles BUT Earning on AM - is this possible or not?

Subscribe
Was wondering if it is possible to use BA miles to issue an upgrade (from WT+ to J) then remove my BA club number from the ticket but add my CX MPO number to the booking?

Anybody done this or something similar?
Quote: Was wondering if it is possible to use BA miles to issue an upgrade (from WT+ to J) then remove my BA club number from the ticket but add my CX MPO number to the booking?

Anybody done this or something similar?
Yes providing of course you book/ed through BA.com

Just phone them after you have arranged your upgrade.
You have to ask BA to remove all traces of your FFP, and then no FFP showing on your BP. Then retroactively claim your miles manually to Asiamiles attaching a letter stating that you used BA miles to upgrade your flight, and that you actually have a revenue ticket (print e-ticket coupon showing fare basis, fare paid and fare calculation, and booking class on original).
Actually took a chance and went ahead with it - have a USA BA Exec account so in the US they are generally good about this sort of stuff and the lady issued the upgrade for me then changed it to my MPO number... supposedly... I will find out when I actually use it later on this year...