[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Subscribe
Quote: I start to have a hypothesis that most folks received the email solicitations may have low balance in their AA accounts. May be this is one of the criteria in making the solicitation list...
My situation would show that to be correct, I guess. I have about 760K miles and I got a 35K offer.

So you think AA gives the info to Citi for the pitch?
Quote: Overall, I would only value those companion certificates to be worth 5,000 AAdvantage miles, because that is exactly what AA will give you if you surrender the companion certificate to them (which I did with my second one).
I did not know that you can exchange the companion cert for 5K AA miles? We threw ours away because as you said, it is almost useless.
Quote: Can one apply for all 3 cards (Personal MC, Personal AMEX, Business Visa) at the same time and get 3 bonuses? That would be nice.
Seems to be 2 every 60 days. I got quickly approved for 1 personal and 1 business last month but denied for a 3rd a few days later. (I've had an AA Master for a long time).
Quote: ... states "No blackout dates on award travel on American Airlines, American Eagle and the AmericanConnection® carrier." But there are no blackout dates if you use the highest mileage awards so does this refer to lower award categories - ie. 12.5K economy and 25K business/first?
No Blackout Dates does not mean No Capacity Controls. This is an important distintinction which is true of all rewards programs, not only AAdvantage. No blackout dates is a trivial claim which means there are no dates on which AA has predetermined that no awad seats will be offered. There are still capacity controls. When the sAAver award inventory is depleted you will need to redeem for an AAnytime award.
Quote: Was all excited to see an AA email come in today. Would it be the 50/50 card, the 75K card...

Instead, it was an email letting me know AA has a new app for the iphone.

Applied for the 75K card from the links here, but I got the "within a week" screen of death.

Sigh.
Dont feel bad, we got the iPhone email as well.

Though since we do not have biz card ever in the past, I think I would wait till Oct to apply for it. Can't do it now because we just had apps in June with one person got 2 cards and the other person got 2 denials.
Quote: Hi, thank you for posting this! I might have missed it - but using the link I do not see where the bonus miles are specified for this offer. Where are the specific bonus miles for this card posted in the link?
Thanks again!
By now you should have known that Citi NEVER has bonus language on the application form itself. The offer details are on the "landing page" which cannot be posted here because the landing page has the personal information (name and AA number) on it.

If you read the thread carefully you would have come across other posters who use the very same links to apply / got approved / verified the bonuses over the phone already.
Quote: As an AA PLT you would know that AAdvantage program has No blackout dates on any reward since long long time ago - but that does NOT equate to No Availability of the Saaver award. Non-availability is Technically and fundamentally different from a specified Black Out Period of Dates. The latter did exist in the past, may be a decade ago.
Actually I didn't hence why I asked but thanks for the explanation. I've never been loyal to a program since my company allows us to travel in Business or First but with an internal policy change coming up for 2011, that policy now only pertains to international flight. I fly about 50% domestic so now it's time for me to learn to maximize my travel.

Quote: No Blackout Dates does not mean No Capacity Controls. This is an important distintinction which is true of all rewards programs, not only AAdvantage. No blackout dates is a trivial claim which means there are no dates on which AA has predetermined that no awad seats will be offered. There are still capacity controls. When the sAAver award inventory is depleted you will need to redeem for an AAnytime award.
Thanks for the concise clarification!

Quote: My situation would show that to be correct, I guess. I have about 760K miles and I got a 35K offer.

I have about 90K so I wonder what their threshold is.
Quote: Just applied for the 50K/50K Visa personal offer and after calling analyst, I got approved.

Citi hit my Equifax report with an inquiry of:

CITICORP CREDIT SERVS INC

Did anyone else apply for 2 offers together? Anyone applied for personal AMEX or Biz Visa offer and got hit with the same inquiry?

I'm trying to see if I can push another application through today with the exact same inquiry so I will only get one INQ hit.

Sometimes Citi will hit Equifax with "Citibank SD" or "Citibank USA", if the spelling is different, it'll be two INQs.
Personal card and business card are from different approval depts and you will see 2 separate inquiries with different addresses on your credit report.
Quote: Wife just applied for the 75000 offer since she currently doesn't have a personal AA citi, but does have a business AA citi. She was denied (automatically) on the basis that "this is for first time card members". The online app status simply stated she would be notified of the status. She called and spoke to rep and was told the app was not processed (they have an auto program in place to block those they can see have had a Citi AA personal before. How far that record goes back I'm not sure. She did have a MC Citi AA personal earlier this year, so it was obviously too close even though the new app was for a Visa. If you get an instant approval count your blessings because you'll probably get the bonus.
It can still be a false positive. A couple months ago a friend got instant approvals and only found 2 denial emails on the same reason in his inbox after he returned from a trip to Europe.

There are instances that someone's name can sneak through the screen and still gets the cards despite having had the AA cards before. (This happened in our household until the luck ran out in June.) However, there are also instances reported that despite having either instant approval or deferred approval over the phone, and still got denied later based on the "first customer only".

Only when you receive a Congrat email after getting approval - that this is for real because the email would have the last 4 digits of your new card and the credit line info - a new card is indeed issued. Until then, if you have Citi AA cards before, dont count your miles yet even if you get instant approval!
Would someone who got the e-mail with the 50K/50K offer be willing to send me a copy of the terms showing the signup bonus? Feel free to print it to a PDF and black out your personal information. Unfortunately Citi signed me up for the wrong promotion and isn't willing to fix it unless I can provide them with a copy of that verbiage.

I would be extremely grateful for your help - feel free to drop me a PM!
Quote: My situation would show that to be correct, I guess. I have about 760K miles and I got a 35K offer.

I think so. I have similar balance as yours and got the 35K offer as well. Ditto for spousal unit.

It is a combined efforts between AA and Citi but one of the criteria used to generate the list must include a cut-off of the AAdvantage account balance.
I applied for the 75K offer using the link. I currently have a Citi AA MC and a Citi AA business MC (have had the business card for 10 years and the personal one for 5). Got the "we'll let you know in 7 days" email and called for immediate approval. Was approved and agent verified the 75K miles for $1500 in spend in 6 months (without my revealing the specific promo I had signed up for).
Signed up for 50k/50k for Business Visa using the link in this thread. Had to call Citi to confirm information and was approved for a credit card. CSR confirmed the promotion details.
Quote: I already have a AA/CB MC, but afters others suggested it, I just went ahead and applied, despite it saying that you shouldn't have any CB/AA cards prior. I was instantly approved - I haven't received official clarification on which mileage amount I will receive (was going for the 75k one).

This raises another question - do I just wait for email conformation, or is there somewhere where I can check to confirm how many miles I will receive?
My email confirmation didn't show how many AA miles I will receive
Quote: I guess I'm one of the few sad sacks who got a 35K offer.

I might tamper with the link and apply for a 100K biz card. Not much to lose, especially since I expect to be denied. Further, I have two personal cards, and I don't feel like the issue of whether I'd be a new cardmember has been settled.
Don't feel so bad...here is my offer:

Get the card that helps you get away.
Earn 10,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles. Add the
Citi® / AAdvantage® American Express® card to your wallet.

By now, you've had a chance to enjoy your
Citi® / AAdvantage® gold card and all the special benefits that go along with it. When you apply for and are approved for the Citi® / AAdvantage® American Express® card, you'll enjoy even more benefits than before.

With the Citi® / AAdvantage® American Express® card, you'll get these benefits:

• Earn 10,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after you make $250 in purchases within the first 4 months(1)

• No annual fee as long as your existing
Citi® / AAdvantage® gold card account remains open and the 60,000 mileage cap is shared(2)

• Earn 1.2 AAdvantage® miles for every $1 spent on purchases during the first 18 months of cardmembership(3). After that, earn 1 AAdvantage® mile for every $1 spent on purchases(3).

I guess think they're doing me a huge favor not charging me an annual fee? I really have no use for a Citi Amex as I much prefer my SPG. But I would be up for a Visa and 100k miles.
8  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  28  68  118  518