[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Subscribe
Quote: I applied for the Personal Visa (I have the MC and Amex) 50k+50K offer posted earlier and got a message that the app was received and I will receive an email from them within the week.
I called the number to check Citi application status 1888-201-4523, and it said they couldnt approve my application at this time and I will be receiving a letter from them with more info.
Does anyone have a number to call and discuss to see if maybe moving CL from other cards would help get the application approved?
Update- I called the # again and transferred to a CSR and was told that the reason was because I already am already a citi card member. I told him that I only have the MC and wanted the Visa he told me they are all considered current cardholder and if i want to discuss further i should call the CS# on the back of my card.
the Citi pinball machine
I was willing to throw in a quarter (an inquiry) and pull the lever. The ball has been fired. Most likely it'll fall straight down and right through the pads. But, you never know, it could land in a bonus ring. Not holding my breath or sweating on the glass. Just enjoying the luxury of being able to try

Thanks for the info Happy, good to have an idea of the probable outcome and timing.

Gosh, hard to believe this is my 101 posting. Special thanks to everyone at FT for the great advice over the last 1/2 year +
While all you guys are getting targeted emails, I get targeted for the 20 km LAN Visa from US Bank. Whoopee.
Quote: There is hope I receive my 50+50 email this morning. But I am convinced that anyone can apply using previousle posted links.
I hope so. What leads you to this conclusion?
Quote: While all you guys are getting targeted emails, I get targeted for the 20 km LAN Visa from US Bank. Whoopee.
Just use the links posted in this thread it has worked for most.
Has anyone received a low-mile targeted email but applied through one of the other links and confirmed with a CSR that they would receive the better offer?

I have never had a Citi card and really want to apply for this, but my targeted promo offer wasn't as good as some of the ones mentioned here. If someone can confirm receiving one of the better offers even though they were targeted for less, I will pull the trigger.
Quote: I hope so. What leads you to this conclusion?
If you read through the thread, a few ft'er got approved using the link posted here and thanked the community.
Did I miss something?
It worked for me!
New to FT. Must say I've discovered heaven.

Applied the Citi AAdvantage Visa Card this morning using the link (50K+50K) provided.
- Never had any dealings with Citi before.
- Called the number they provided after I submitted my online application.
- Got approved with the 50K+50K offer.
- Had to pay the $85 annual fee though. Will call customer service in a few days after they have my account number to see whether they can help me waive the charge.

So I must say from personal experience they the offer doesn't seem to be targeted. Good luck guys.
I applied for the Visa personal card using the TMTravelWorld links, was immediately approved and called afterwards; they confirmed the 75K mile offer with a $1500 spend within 6 months. ^
Quote: - Never had any dealings with Citi before.

So I must say from personal experience they the offer doesn't seem to be targeted. Good luck guys.
Sorry if I missed it, but it might still be targeted for those who never had a Citi card like yourself. Anyone else that has/had Citi cards, applied for this promotion and got the card?
Quote: maybe im wrong about this, but i did a URL comparison for the 2 different posts on the 75K deal. They're exactly the same... If it's targeted..isn't there usually a unique URL for each targeted email? Once you use it you can't use it again?

URL #1 as posted by WashParkRam in post # 65:
https://www.citicards.com/cards/acq/...?app=UNSOL&sc=4XKIW780&m=7QAEZZUBZZW&langId=EN&siteId=CB&B=S&screenID=30 01

URL #2 as posted by vu0219 in post #93:

https://www.citicards.com/cards/acq/...?app=UNSOL&sc=4XKIW780&m=7QAEZZUBZZW&langId=EN&siteId=CB&B=S&screenID=30 01
As you can see, they're exactly the same..

URL for the 100K total bonus:
https://www.citicards.com/cards/acq/...?app=UNSOL&sc=4XKIW730&m=7QAEZZUCZZW&langId=EN&siteId=CB&B=S&screenID=30 01

Note the slight difference in URL(bolded) between the 75K and 50K...
Do you suppose the "app=UNSOL" portion right before the varied applicationnumbers mean it is an unsolicited (public) application? Meaning it isn't targeted.
Did the 75k Visa online, verified approval and terms with a CSR over the phone. Card in 78-10 days.

On a side note, I'm pretty sure the CSR was using Peter Framptons talk box system to speak with me. It's was pretty weird.
I received the 75k offer yesterday. I had just applied and been approved for the 35k offer a few days ago. I called Citi to see if they could switch the offer associated with my applicationl tthey could not at this time. The CSR Supervisor said I could apply for a new card with the new offer and "the offer would be valid" - which may or may not be true.

I had previously been approved for a Personal Mastercard so I applied for a Business Visa this time using the link in the 75k offer email I received. Step 5 of the application process said they "have received my application and further processing is required at this time." I did get an application ID and phone number to call. I called this morning and the CSR said that she could not give me an answer yet, that further processing was required. She gave me a different number to call next week. I don't know if this is an ominous sign or part of the Business card approval process or what, but I don't have a good feeling about it.
Quote: Thank you for posting the link. Was able to click on the link and apply. Got instantly approved. Hopefully that's the 75k offer. I will call CitiCard tomorrow to check.
Called and spoke to CSR, she confirmed thast I got the 75k promo.
Has anyone with multiple cards open yet been successful in grabbing one of these new offers? I currently have the Personal MC and Visa, and Business Visa. I'm consindering giving the personal Amex a shot. Like many of you I just took the 30+5k business visa offer recently. What a disappointment.
3  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  23  63  113  513