15% MR transfer bonus to DL thru 7/31/10

Subscribe
https://www.delta.com/pet/summer/pet/main
Great - more worthless Skymiles.

Hey, Amex - how about doing a deal with someone other than Delta for once?
Quote: ... how about doing a deal with someone other than Delta for once?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...30-2010-a.html

...but 15% on any airline doesn't entice me to transfer unless I am ready to redeem for a flight.
I'm always happy they have a deal, but I would hold on any Delta transfers until you need them at this point because they've had more generous offers in the past. They just finished a 25% point bonus and I've seen it as high as 40% last winter.
I do not plan to move anything until 40% bonus offered again since I feel this is how much my sky mile awards have increased for me.
The SkyMiles program is very different than other US frequent flyer programs--- mileage charges for redemption are frequently on the extortionate side. I personally value my Delta miles at roughly 1/2 to 2/3 of what miles in other US programs are worth.
Damn, damn, damn. They've been running this thing all summer. Yesterday I was told I need to travel BNA-BON for a scuba trip...I need 20K...and no promo!!

Guess at some point I may transfer some just to bank - if they run another 25% promo...
Quote: The SkyMiles program is very different than other US frequent flyer programs--- mileage charges for redemption are frequently on the extortionate side. I personally value my Delta miles at roughly 1/2 to 2/3 of what miles in other US programs are worth.
It cost me 32.5k Delta miles to redeem for a $199 ticket last week , I took it because that was down from 40k that Delta had been demanding. And I just want to be done with having Delta miles, if I had realized how worthless they were these days I would have taken a different airline for a flight to Dubai this spring.
Quote: It cost me 32.5k Delta miles to redeem for a $199 ticket last week , I took it because that was down from 40k that Delta had been demanding. And I just want to be done with having Delta miles, if I had realized how worthless they were these days I would have taken a different airline for a flight to Dubai this spring.
And I felt crappy for using 35k skymiles for a $320 ticket. Your post made me feel better

On a separate note, I was saving up the skymiles for a trip to Dubai. But there is NOT one single available day that offers redemption at the LOW rate. EVERYTHING is MEDIUM or higher. Skymiles is a bandit!