What fast food has the best Onion Rings

Subscribe
Leaving on Wednesday for the Midwest and South. We will be in the car a fair bit so will be doing a little of the fast food variety.
I like the frizzled onions on the burger at BK personally.
I am looking more for side order of Fried Onion Rings
Sorry.. I like A&W too. Tried BK.. mmm.
I haven't tried them myself, but I've heard good things about the newly introduced onion rings at Arby's.

Here's one blog note:
http://burgersdogspizza.com/?tag=arbys-onion-rings
Whataburger.

You can also substitute them for fries in any combo meal.
I haven't done a thorough analysis of onion ring offerings in the US, but here in Canada, there's no contest: A&W. Nothing even comes close.
But this also depends on what you like in onion rings and the reason you eat them.

Is it the onion you like or the ring?

I eat onion rings for the breading. Therefore the thinnest possible onion is preferable. In fact, those reconstituted frozen ones made from onion flakes are quite tasty for crustal purposes

That said, the ones from Sonic are usually very good for a fried breading fix, even if I do have to pull the onion out of the thicker ones and dispose of properly.
Quote: I haven't done a thorough analysis of onion ring offerings in the US, but here in Canada, there's no contest: A&W. Nothing even comes close.
I used to love A&W onion rings. Still get a craving for them maybe once a year. Nowadays, I like a light battered (eg. tempura) onion ring instead of a more breaded texture.
While it may qualify as fast food it isn't a chain. but The Varsity in Atlanta has the best onion rings I have ever had.
The Habit
I like the onion rings at The Habit. It's a small up-and-coming California burger chain that just opened a few in SoCal where I'm located. I don't know if they make their own, or if it comes in a large frozen bag, but the onions are quite sweet.
As far as chain fast-food, I like the onion rings at Sonic, if I can get them to cook them long enough. I always tell them to burn them to which they respond, "You want them well-done?" No, I want you to burn them. They never have yet, but it gets the point across that I want them uber-crispy and I can live with that.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
I have to go with A&W. They're all fairly awful, but at least these have a great 80% salty goodness.
onion chips from whitecastle!
Nothing beats BK!