Discover America® Daily Getaways: Wyndham points on sale, 5/18/10, 10am ET

Subscribe
Quote: Bump to alert everyone for tomorrow!
I first saw this on the Choice forum of FT.
Quote: Darn it! I missed all these!
I find it noteworthy that all the Wyndham packages sold out within 36 minutes while Choice points are still available after 30 hours !
You slept in?
Converting to a free airline ticket?
Was able to get a 50K and a 32K. I'm looking at redeeming for actual airline tickets through them (one of the options of redemption) - anyone ever done this? Will they earn FF Miles? I believe when one does this through Flexperks (US Bank), Cap One Rewards, or AMEX rewards they do as the company buys the ticket and then takes your miles for it - looks like a revenue ticket to the airline. I assume this works the same way - if so this could be of great value.

domestic coach lower 48 ticket up to $500 is 67,000 points. I just paid .0025/pt so it costs me $167.50 for a potentially $500 ticket. If they earn miles this could be my new way to MR!

Otherwise I will hang on to them and use for transfers to top off accounts or during promotions that give bonuses for hotel activity and maybe an occasional free stay.
I was only able to get 6 x 1 night right at 10 am est
I was able to grab the following

2* 28000 for $62 each
2* 50000 for $117 each^
Quote: Someone mentioned that you can convert 2.5 WR points to airlines miles, including UA. Can you verify that this could be applied to this promo? If so, it's a great deal and I'll try to grab one. I also read in another thread that conversions are possible in batches of 8K, 17.5K and 30K points. I've been looking at the Wyndham site and it doesn't offer a lot of info and there's no FAQ in this forum, so I'd appreciate any comments.
I expect so, that's the reason why I bought 146,000 WR points in this promotion. It will give me around 60,000 UA or AC miles..
Points posted
Just checked and my points have already posted - well in advance of the 5-10 day timeframe! ^
I checked earlier today, and my points hadn't posted. Very pleased to see the points come through later. I've already got one monkey off my back - cancelled a paid stay and replaced with an award stay. ^
It is interesting that all the US gift card options that I saw two days ago that were worth anything have now disappeared (gas cards, grocery cards, home depot, etc) while my points have posted. Not sure I need anything from Cabela's, Best Buy, or Timberland, which are what's left now.

Maybe they will come back at some point, but it was nice to have those options- in case I can't find a great use for these points, the gift cards option made it no lose. Redemption to Southwest credit is still no lose, so I'm not worried, just puzzled.
goldenbear, I suspect that this has to do with preparations for their new website transition. Check back next week. The new site will link to a system run by AwardsLinQ.com for redeeming points for miles, gift cards, event tickets, and merchandise. I expect the conversion rates to remain the same for gift cards.
Quote: goldenbear, I suspect that this has to do with preparations for their new website transition. Check back next week. The new site will link to a system run by AwardsLinQ.com for redeeming points for miles, gift cards, event tickets, and merchandise. I expect the conversion rates to remain the same for gift cards.
I assume the conversion rate for miles remain the same too? Otherwise a lot of us will be seriously shafted.
I've had a couple hundred thousand points posted today. Just noticed that the airline miles transfer option seems to allow a transfer of miles to anyone, not just my own account. Is this true?
Quote: I've had a couple hundred thousand points posted today. Just noticed that the airline miles transfer option seems to allow a transfer of miles to anyone, not just my own account. Is this true?
Yeah, I believe so. Great for CC trades
Quote: Yeah, I believe so. Great for CC trades
Oh no, that makes me even more upset that I wasn't able to purchase waaaay more points.
Quote: I assume the conversion rate for miles remain the same too? Otherwise a lot of us will be seriously shafted.
I am almost certain that the transfer rate for miles will remain the same.

Quote: I've had a couple hundred thousand points posted today. Just noticed that the airline miles transfer option seems to allow a transfer of miles to anyone, not just my own account. Is this true?
And yet it costs 1 cent per point to transfer Wyndham points to another person's Wyndham account for those of us who see great value in them for actual hotel stays.
Cross-posting from the Hotel Deal Daily Getaways thread so that people don't miss it.

FYI, for those who loaded up on WR points, US is running a 50% bonus on miles transferred from hotel points - this might be a good opportunity.

I know you lose the flexibility, but US is a pretty decent program to redeem in. God, I wish I could have bought more.