StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread

Subscribe
Quote: LH can offer V for an upcharge, LX's Y offer books into P, OS has not offered anything in Y (yet)
For all you UA fliers out there, LX P earns 0 miles

http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6722,51397,00.html
Quote: LH491/06NOV is currently well booked, so LH would probably welcome it if you book for a later date
Definitely, I'd say they prefer if we can all be herded onto the same flight. Michelle has seen us last year
Thanks to the organizers, you guys rock, I'm looking forward to SMD2!
Quote: LH can offer V for an upcharge
I'd be interested as well, since it's about 9k BIS miles JFK-FRA-IAH...
Might even entice me to aim for CO Plat this year...

Quote: LX's Y offer books into P
No miles on CO... Then again, would make it even more strange if combining it with only the FRA-IAH part and flying back to Europe on a whole different itinerary...
Quote: I had to smile at this. It coveys a high and low opinion of FTers all at the same time.
And I'd wager rightly so on both counts.
Quote: You will be able to use the group fare to start on a longhaul to FRA a few days before Nov 1 if would like too. You will miss the festivities in JFK. This was available last year too and will be so again. The longest trip taken that way was the one the coffee guys did from KOA to FRA

OS has now given us their offer JFK-VIE-FRA too ^ Will post it during the day.
If there are add-ons for the trans-atlantic fares from Hawaii, what about Canada (eg YVR)?
Quote: No miles on CO...
Doesn't CO Onepass get 50% EQM and 50% miles on LH W/S/U fares?

CO LH reference
Quote: Doesn't CO Onepass get 50% EQM and 50% miles on LH W/S/U fares?
But none on LX P...

Yes, hence my interest in V (100%)...
Quote: What are the chances of the schedule changing? Is there some historical precendent for SMD I changing schedule after an equivalent point?
Quote: The dates are set in stone. So are the TATL flights. Everything else is subject to change
Great, because I just booked LH405 (F) November 1, and LH440 (Y) November 3, using 125,000 US miles.

Quote: FTers are a pretty innovative bunch and opening a little gap will just invite gatecrashers. The airlines spend considerable money and time to organise tours etc so taking care of 300 adequately is a tough job already. I remember we kept the location of the FRA marketplace (just above LH checkin) secret till the last moment for fear of gatecrashers.
Quote: I had to smile at this. It coveys a high and low opinion of FTers all at the same time.
I took it as a high opinion of FTers, and a low opinion of gatecrashers, with the implication of gatecrashers as non-FTers. Of course I could be incorrect about this.
Thanks for all your efforts on this! It looks intriguing, and we are most definitely interested!
Quote: Great, because I just booked LH405 (F) November 1, and LH440 (Y) November 3, using 125,000 US miles.
Oh, and I meant to say "....and I am real excited, thanks so much for putting in all the work to arrange this wonderful DO!"
Quote: Great, because I just booked LH405 (F) November 1, and LH440 (Y) November 3, using 125,000 US miles.

I took it as a high opinion of FTers, and a low opinion of gatecrashers, with the implication of gatecrashers as non-FTers. Of course I could be incorrect about this.
Congrats. Appears you got the last of the award seats on both flights, at least in the two premium classes.

Will definitely do the NAmerican events, but likely pass on the TATL component. Is May 15th still the anticipated launch date for bookings? I seem to recall Tommy mentioning this date in LA last week (even being "under the influence" of two wicked American Pale Ales of intense hoppiness and 6%+ alcohol).
Quote: Congrats. Appears you got the last of the award seats on both flights, at least in the two premium classes.
Thanks but, I actually only got economy (I used "Y" to refer to that, but for LH, does "Y" connote business class as opposed to coach/economy?) for the return on LH440. I was kind of bummed that I needed to use a 125,000 first class award, yet only ended up with First or Business on one of the two flights. So, to clarify, I got FIRST on LH405, and ECONOMY on LH440.
CO just downgraded CO47 on Nov 3 from FRA to IAH to a 764 (from a lie flat 777). So those thinking of C047 as an alternate to LH440 please note.
Sounds awesome! I would love to do something like this!
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  15  55  105