The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread

Subscribe
Quote: hm, in my card it is posted as

*TRAVEL RESERVATION SIN PARIS FR

and there don't seems to be any miles posted :-/
It usually takes a few days to finalize the payment and merchant. So check later on the merchant and $$$ posting.
Quote: one question, so technically you can pay yourself (put in your bank account as the payee) ?
or will they check the account name (you can use your spouse account) ?
Don't think it's a free for all payment. The website mentioned that they only allow certain payments (insurance, condo maintenance fees, etc).
Quote: It usually takes a few days to finalize the payment and merchant. So check later on the merchant and $$$ posting.
you're right, it have been posted now

05/01/2017 CITI PREMIERMILES Miles earned 1,933
05/01/2017 EXPEDIA ACCELERATED MILES PMV LOCAL Miles bonus 7,733

not a bad deal considering I'm paying the same fare as the garuda website

Quote: Don't think it's a free for all payment. The website mentioned that they only allow certain payments (insurance, condo maintenance fees, etc).
I was thinking that even with fee 2.6% it would be like buying miles ?
let say you transfer $4000 with PPV, you will get 16000 miles for $104 which is better than most cards annual fee miles?
Have asked about the CardUp questions and included the responses below.

Quote: Any chance you can check with your friend if they know HSBC counts them as online spend?
All banks consider CardUp as online transactions but whether or not the bonus is applied varies by issuer. The HSBC bonus is a promotion running until March and unfortunately CardUp isn’t currently included (although further discussions are underway). For details on specific cards they can feel free to get in touch: [email protected]

Quote: one question, so technically you can pay yourself (put in your bank account as the payee) ?

or will they check the account name (you can use your spouse account) ?
For payments to individuals, supporting documentation is required and checks are in place. In the case of a rental payment this is the tenancy agreement page containing landlord name / bank account.
Quote: For payments to individuals, supporting documentation is required and checks are in place. In the case of a rental payment this is the tenancy agreement page containing landlord name / bank account.
Cue wife who rents main residence from husband, and husband who rents weekend home from wife.
Quote: 1. Some banks count the spend as online: The UOB PPV currently gives 4 miles / S$ and OCBC cards also count as online spend. However, DBS does not count it as online. Hope the banks don't change this as others have mentioned...
We had something similar going on in HK but eventually the banks figured out what we were doing and ended up (only mentioning banks with presence in both HK and Singapore):

HSBC: basic earn rate only. Not counted for spend promos (disputed)
SCB: suddenly no points and excluded from promo starting from April
DBS: counted as retail spend but not online
Citi: counted as retail spend. Not sure if included in promo.
Quote: Cue wife who rents main residence from husband, and husband who rents weekend home from wife.
Quote: Cue wife who rents main residence from husband, and husband who rents weekend home from wife.
I was thinking about the same. Tenancy agreement bear the name of wife, and husband is the one to rent.
Does anyone have experiences in the Expedia promotion with 6x miles being able to double dip with Expedia+?

Expedia offers 6x miles for UOB PRVIMiles and Citi Premiermiles for instance. When booking the travel, there is a tiny checkbox which allows you to post to Expedia+. I wonder why this is not ticked by default, i.e. who does not want to get free credit??? I can only assume that only one promotion applies.

Can anyone confirm this?
Quote: Terms and Conditions
• ANZ Travel Privileges Promotion: Complimentary DragonPass Lounge Access Passes and Airport Limousine vouchers will only be awarded to Principal Cardmembers of the ANZ Travel Visa Signature Credit Card and ANZ Signature Priority Visa Infinite Credit Card and is valid from 15 December 2016 to 31 March 2017 • To qualify for two (2) complimentary passes and one (1) limousine voucher, Travel Cardmembers must charge a minimum of $7,000 on retail transactions in a calendar quarter and/or SPB VI Cardmembers must charge a minimum of $3,000 on retail transactions in a calendar month.

It is not stated that the spending must be within the promo period, so maybe Oct-Dec spending could be included as well?

Confirmed that the Oct-Dec spending is included as well. Just redeemed my limo ride.
Quote: Does anyone have experiences in the Expedia promotion with 6x miles being able to double dip with Expedia+?

Expedia offers 6x miles for UOB PRVIMiles and Citi Premiermiles for instance. When booking the travel, there is a tiny checkbox which allows you to post to Expedia+. I wonder why this is not ticked by default, i.e. who does not want to get free credit??? I can only assume that only one promotion applies.

Can anyone confirm this?
i tick that, and have been getting points on both
Quote: i tick that, and have been getting points on both
Oh man... I have lost so much on this by being too afraid to try it out...

Thanks for the confirmation mate!
For.the citi expedia promo link, i tried and realised there's no option to key in promo code whereas i was able to when i use the cashback/direct expedia link. Ended up i use shopback plus promo code and dbs wmc.
Quote: We had something similar going on in HK but eventually the banks figured out what we were doing and ended up (only mentioning banks with presence in both HK and Singapore):

HSBC: basic earn rate only. Not counted for spend promos (disputed)
SCB: suddenly no points and excluded from promo starting from April
DBS: counted as retail spend but not online
Citi: counted as retail spend. Not sure if included in promo.
Unfortunately that seems to be the trend once an effective new method gets too popular

In the meantime, I've received an update that DBS WWMC is now giving 10x bonus for 4 miles / S$ on CardUp. Let's hope it lasts, I foresee a lot of spousal rental arrangements coming up
Quote: I foresee a lot of spousal rental arrangements coming up
In all honestly, I don't. Because there's stamp duty on the rental agreement and the spouse receiving the rent is taxed. Add to the 2.6% commission of these sites, the cost isn't worth the 4 miles per S$1.