CIBC Club Privileges Travel - Still Available?

Subscribe
Didn't see anything in the forum on this.....I was speaking to a CIBC Visa agent and asked about renewing my CIBC Club Privileges Travel membership and she said that it was no longer being offered. It's still listed on the website, so I'm not sure which to believe. Does anyone know for sure?

I fly enough to easily justify the $189 for MLL access, but not quite enough to hit E anytime soon. That membership comes in handy.
$189 was a bit too cheap... you could drink that in two visits AMEX AE Platinum or the AC Club http://www.airclublounge.com/AIMSClu...eng/index.html are both around ~$400.
Bite your tongue... too cheap! It's perfect... mine expires Dec 1010. It still is available on the CIBC website.
Last I checked we are still offering this service. I work for CIBC Retail Markets so the visa girl could of very well known more than me. I remember looking at it in our On-Line help website and it said nothing about it being discontinued.
I just received an offer to renew mine a few weeks ago (didn't need to as E this year) but it also still seems to show up on the CIBC website:

http://www.cibc.com/ca/visa/optional...-services.html
Quote: $189 was a bit too cheap... you could drink that in two visits AMEX AE Platinum or the AC Club http://www.airclublounge.com/AIMSClu...eng/index.html are both around ~$400.
AMEX Plat is actually $499. Pretty steep if you ask me. It use to be $399 a few years ago. Cheaper to go with CIBC, $120 annual fee +$189 = $309.
Looks like a good package:
http://www.cibc.com/ca/visa/optional...es-travel.html

And you don't have to be flying AC (any *Alliance carrier).

Oh, and the 7 days out of country medical insurance (multi-trip incl, spouse and dependants) is great, too!
False alarm, I just spoke to CIBC Visa again and was able to renew my membership, so it looks like the original Visa rep had the wrong information.
If any Joe or Jane holding a credit card can enter an MLL, this kind of dillutes the top-tier benefits. @:-)
Quote: If any Joe or Jane holding a credit card can enter an MLL, this kind of dillutes the top-tier benefits. @:-)
I believe this program has been around for quite a few years so I don't expect more diluting then what we currently have.
If any Joe or Jane can buy into an MLL from a T or T+ ticket, this kind of dillutes the top-tier benefits. @:-)
Quote: If any Joe or Jane can buy into an MLL from a T or T+ ticket, this kind of dillutes the top-tier benefits. @:-)
What about the non-status person who purchases a cheap (cheaper than latitude) Z fare and gets MLL privileges without further buy-in? Or should MLLs be exclusively for E and SE only?
Quote: What about the non-status person who purchases a cheap (cheaper than latitude) Z fare and gets MLL privileges without further buy-in? Or should MLLs be exclusively for E and SE only?
Also count non-status AMX Plat and regular folks buying single trip lounge access.

None of these are new programs so there is no new dilution of the program. Its the same people and types in there tomorrow that were in there last week.

Even with all of these other revenue sources the micro-brews at YVR are gone.
How about now?
This time I don't see the CIBC Club Privileges anywhere on CIBC's website? Is it still available?? Has anyone who is renewing this year told it be their last or something?

Was interested to get it this year since I won't make P
I spoke with CIBC, it is still available for sale but the website does not currently show the information for it as the insurance disclosures are undergoing update. I was given this information to purchase it:

Phone: 1-888-737-2665
Hours of Operation:
Mon to Fri from 8am to 10pm EST
Sat & Sun from 9am to 5 pm EST

Quote: This time I don't see the CIBC Club Privileges anywhere on CIBC's website? Is it still available?? Has anyone who is renewing this year told it be their last or something?

Was interested to get it this year since I won't make P