Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2016, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: GoSh4rks
Unofficial List of FFPs eligible for e-Channel as of January 21, 2017:

1. oneworld

American Airlines (AA) - Gold/Platinum/Platinum Pro*/Executive Platinum/ConciergeKey
British Airways (BA) - Silver/Gold/Premier
Cathay Pacific/DragonAir (CX/KA) – Green#/Silver/Gold/Diamond
Finnair (AY) - Silver/Gold/Platinum/VIP
Japan Airlines (JL) - Crystal/Sapphire/Diamond/JGC Card/JGC Sapphire/JGC Premier
Malaysia Airlines (MH) - Silver/Gold/Platinum
Qantas Airways (QF) - Gold/Platinum/Platinum One*/Chairman’s Lounge
Qatar Airways (QR) - Gold/Platinum*
S7 Airlines (S7) - Silver/Gold/Platinum

2. SkyTeam

Air France/KLM Royal Dutch Airlines (AF/KL) - Silver/Gold/Platinum/Club 2000/Club 2000 Skipper
China Airlines (CI) - Gold/Emerald/Paragon
China Southern Airlines (CZ) – Silver Card/Gold Card
Delta Air Lines (DL) - Silver Medallion!/Gold Medallion!/Platinum Medallion!/Diamond Medallion!
Garuda Indonesia Airlines (GA) - Silver/Gold/Platinum
Korean Air (KE) - Morning Calm/Morning Calm Premium/Million Miler

3. Star Alliance

Air Canada (AC) - Prestige 25K!/Elite 35K!/Elite 50K*/Elite 75K*/Super Elite 100K!
Air China (CA) - Silver/Gold/Platinum
Air New Zealand (NZ) - Silver/Gold/Elite
All Nippon Airways (NH) - Bronze/Platinum/Diamond/Super Flyer Club
Asiana Airlines (OZ) - Gold/Diamond/Diamond Plus/Platinum
Ethiopian Airlines (ET) - Silver/Gold
EVA Airways (BR) – Silver/Gold/Diamond
Lufthansa/Swiss International Air Lines (LH/LX)@ - Frequent Traveler/Senator/HON Circle
Singapore Airlines (SQ) – KrisFlyer Gold/PPS/Solitaire PPS
South African Airways (SA)– Gold/Platinum/Lifetime Platinum
Thai Airways (TG)- Silver/Gold/Platinum
Turkish Airlines (TK) - Classic Plus/Elite/Elite Plus
United Airlines (UA) - Premier Silver/Premier Gold/Premier 1K/ Global Services

4. Non-alliance

Hainan Airlines/Hong Kong Airlines/Hong Kong Express (HU/HX/UO) - Silver Card/Gold Card/Platinum Card*
Jet Airways (9W)- Silver/Gold/Platinum
Philippines Airlines (PR) - Classic#!/Elite/Premier Elite/Million Miler
Royal Brunei Airlines (BI) - Gold Elite
Virgin Atlantic Airways (VS)- Silver/Gold

Key:
  • # - Base level (non-status)
  • * - New levels not included in ID's list but should be qualified.
  • ! - Current name for the status levels
  • @ - Miles & More is also the FFP for Adria/Austrian Airlines/Brussels Airlines/Croatia Airlines/LOT Polish Airlines. They are not included in ID's list but should be qualified.

Note:
  • Please refer to Immigration Department's website for the enrollment eligibility (Select "e-Channel Service for Frequent Visitors"), as well as the hours and locations of the enrollment offices. As of October 2, 2018, airport hours are North Hall: 7:30a-11:00p and South Hall: 10:00a-6:00p, and Immigration Building, Wan Chai, M-F 8:45a-5p.
  • If your FFP is not included above, assume that you are not qualified to enroll "e-Channel Service for Frequent Visitors" through your FFP membership. You may be still eligible to enroll "e-Channel Service for Frequent Visitors" if 1) you are a visitor using either HKSAR Travel Pass or APEC Business Travel Card with HKG endorsement; 2) you have entered and exited via HKG more than 3 times within last 12 months of the enrollment;
  • If you are not qualified to enroll "e-Channel Service for Frequent Visitors", you may be still eligible to enroll e-Channel Service through a qualified travel document (Australian Passport/German Passport/Singaporean Passport/ROK Passport/Mainland Exit-Entry Permit with qualified endorsements/Macau ID);
  • Kingfisher Airlines (IT) is included in ID's list but excluded above as it has ceased operation.
  • Anecdotal reports suggest a physical (i.e. non-digital) FFP membership card is REQUIRED to enroll "e-Channel Service for Frequent Visitors" through your FFP membership.
  • Electronic FF cards are accepted.
  • E-Channel renewals/transfers onto a new passport involve taking your old sticker off your expired passport and transferring it to the new passport. New stickers are still issued for first time enrollees.
Print Wikipost

Apply for E-Channel with FF status

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2010, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG GL, AA GL
Apply for E-Channel with FF status

According to Virgin Atlantic, I can apply for HKG's E-Channel if I'm gold.

http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/en/gb...fits/index.jsp

You can now register for a fast-track Immigration channel at Hong Kong Airport. Once you’re set up, the e-Channel will save you time if you travel to Kong Kong frequently.

Once you arrive in Hong Kong, you will need to register for the service by visiting the Frequent Visitor e-Channel Facilities in the Arrivals Hall. You will need to present your Flying Club membership card, and a valid travel document such as passport and or multiple visit visa. The enrolment process will include fingerprint and photograph capture, and document verification.

Once completed, you will simply be able to scan your travel document, submit your fingerprints for verification, then collect a label and fix it to your passport. Then you will be on your way to completing the self-service immigration and collecting your bags.

My questions -
Arrival hall facility is before or after custom? If they're closed, is there anywhere else I can apply after custom?
How long will this pass last?
Can I use E-Channel elsewhere with this pass (like Macau or China)?
Old Apr 9, 2010, 11:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: None any more
All the details are here: http://www.gov.hk/en/residents/immig...nnel.htm#fvapc

The sign-up office is after immigration but before customs. It is the only place you can apply. I believe the pass is valid as long as your travel document. It can only be used at HK Airport.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 1:43 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by christep
Not all the details, e.g., which airlines participate?
Old Nov 4, 2012, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by anabolism
Not all the details, e.g., which airlines participate?
There is no public announcement on which one have participated.

Based on evidence at FT, at least VS and CX.

(Edited - UA seems to participate...)

Last edited by garykung; Nov 4, 2012 at 12:42 pm
Old Nov 4, 2012, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
deleted

Last edited by AA_EXP09; Nov 4, 2012 at 4:42 am Reason: link already there
Old Nov 4, 2012, 9:40 am

There is another FT thread which has a link to the list of airlines (very helpful, especially since not all require status): OW airlines participating in HKG e-channel?

Link to list: Frequent flyers get fast-lane access at Hong Kong airport
Old Nov 13, 2012, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by christep
All the details are here: http://www.gov.hk/en/residents/immig...nnel.htm#fvapc

The sign-up office is after immigration but before customs. It is the only place you can apply. I believe the pass is valid as long as your travel document. It can only be used at HK Airport.
The office is immediately after immigration - do not go through the double doors - if you cannot see the enrollment area ask an official to point you to the right area.

The E-channel can also be used at the Macau ferry terminal.

For those who like (collect) stamps in their passport please note with the e-channel you wont be getting any. (Are there any such people anyway?)
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by kilo
For those who like (collect) stamps in their passport please note with the e-channel you wont be getting any. (Are there any such people anyway?)
Sure there are, and this is the place to find them

(Doesn't everyone study their passport stamps while waiting in line? Or notice how some agents stamp willy-nilly on a page, overlapping other stamps, while others are neat and careful?)
nivsy likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Sure there are, and this is the place to find them

(Doesn't everyone study their passport stamps while waiting in line? Or notice how some agents stamp willy-nilly on a page, overlapping other stamps, while others are neat and careful?)
In HKG I actually noticed many people in the residents line playing with their phones.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
1. We use IDs (like the national ID from Europe) to pass immigration.

2. It is not the U.S. So basically, you can do whatever you want, including Facetime.
nivsy likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
In HKG I actually noticed many people in the residents line playing with their phones.
Originally Posted by garykung
1. We use IDs (like the national ID from Europe) to pass immigration.

2. It is not the U.S. So basically, you can do whatever you want, including Facetime.
I meant lines in general, not just immigration or customs lines. You know, waiting to check in or board the next flight, that sort of thing.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I meant lines in general, not just immigration or customs lines. You know, waiting to check in or board the next flight, that sort of thing.
Got you.

And trust me - they are not checking the flight status...
Old Dec 30, 2012, 9:40 am

Programs: CX MPO GD (OW SAPPHIRE) / QR SL
For starters, you can apply the HKIA FVC (Frequent Visitors Card). You can fill it up online and they mail you your card direct to your home. With the card, you can queue up on the FVC line, and even bring your companions (immediate family) to line up with you. LOL.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 5:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by beyridge
For starters, you can apply the HKIA FVC (Frequent Visitors Card).
No, you can't. The program has been discontinued. Current cards are still being honored for the time being. The e-Channel automated Immigration clearance program is considered the replacement for the FVC.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 6:16 pm

Programs: CX MPO GD (OW SAPPHIRE) / QR SL
Originally Posted by Steve M
No, you can't. The program has been discontinued. Current cards are still being honored for the time being. The e-Channel automated Immigration clearance program is considered the replacement for the FVC.
Oh is it? Thanks for the info.

I have an issue. My valid HK E-Pass (sticker) is in my expired passport. I'm entering HK next week with my new passport. Can I use my e-pass to enter (entry record will reflect old passport details), have the pass updated to my new passport, then exit with my new passport?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.