Gold benefits for ?2 rooms

Subscribe
Despite a search, and looking at the sticky at the top of this page, couldn't find the answer. If I book 2 rooms, would I get Gold VIP benefits (eg Executive floor upgrade) for each room? I suspect this is a YMMV situation...
Quote: Despite a search, and looking at the sticky at the top of this page, couldn't find the answer. If I book 2 rooms, would I get Gold VIP benefits (eg Executive floor upgrade) for each room? I suspect this is a YMMV situation...
You're correct - it depends on the individual hotel and how strict they are on adhering to the rules. I've booked 2 rooms quite a few times and as Diamond, we've always been given the benefits for all 4 people from the 2 rooms. However the rules state that it's only the member and one guest entitled to the benefits.
2 months ago I booked 2 rooms as Gold at Hiltons in Kuala Lumpur, Phuket and BKK. Both rooms were upgraded to executive floor, incl. lounge access - although at Millenium Hilton, BKK I had to beg for the second room to be upgraded.
YMMV. The T&C benefits for the Gold/Diamond member & a guest. When I asked the DD, they confirmed this. I called a couple of times and got the same answer. However, at the hotel, they upgraded both of my rooms (Diamond member) without asking and gave all 4 of us full breakfast and EL access.
Thanks for all your helpful replies.
Quote: 2 months ago I booked 2 rooms as Gold at Hiltons in Kuala Lumpur, Phuket and BKK. Both rooms were upgraded to executive floor, incl. lounge access - although at Millenium Hilton, BKK I had to beg for the second room to be upgraded.
By coincidence, I am planning to book 2 rooms at Hilton Kuala Lumpur^
You should look forward to Hilton KL. Amazing rooms and Exec. lounge. The food and service in the lounge is just great.

We did not receive 2 rooms on same floor - apparently executive floors were full. One room was on a non-executive floor but I was told that the guests could nevertheless use the lounge - their room keys gave access to the top executive floor where the lounge is. The rooms were identical so (except for the view) it does not matter if the 2nd room is not on a executive floor as long as the guests get lounge access.
I am a diamond and have booked two rooms a number of times at different hotels in the past year and every time the guests in the second room were granted exec lounge assess and occasionally were given rooms on the exec level.

MisterNice
Quote: 2 months ago I booked 2 rooms as Gold at Hiltons in Kuala Lumpur, Phuket and BKK. Both rooms were upgraded to executive floor, incl. lounge access - although at Millenium Hilton, BKK I had to beg for the second room to be upgraded.
Hilton KL denied the upgrade to the second room last month
Quote: Hilton KL denied the upgrade to the second room last month
Good so. I wish that more hotels would do so ^
Quote: Good so. I wish that more hotels would do so ^

I wish the opposite. When I travel with my family(once or twice per year) I like that the 4 of us get EL access.
I do not like very crowded Executive Lounges or children running/monopolizing the workstations, but with well behaved kids, I have no problem with it.
90/95% of the time I travel solo.
Points may be earned for two rooms, but benefits go the the elite member (including room upgrades for Gold and Diamond), not all rooms booked for his entourage.
we always got both rooms upgraded
Quote: we always got both rooms upgraded
+1

This is also my experience.
As a diamond I have had both rooms recognized at some hotels and only one room recognized at others. It really is a YMMV.
Quote: Hilton KL denied the upgrade to the second room last month
When you say they denied the upgrade, you mean they denied the occupants of your other room entry to the EL? Cause as far as rooms are concerned, the executive floor's rooms are identical to the other floors, it's just the extended benefits that differs.

Also, if you book any of the suites, you will not be on an executive floor per my experience the 10 times or so I've stayed at Hilton KL this year. As a Diamond though, I've always been given the published benefits plus more, regardless of which floor I'm given the room.