Consolidated Delta Promotions Thread

Subscribe
Anyone received a targeted "Earn a Higher Status" promotion offer? I have a question if a multi-leg trip (that starts and eventually ends in the same city) counts the same as a round trip flight.
Quote: Anyone received a targeted "Earn a Higher Status" promotion offer? I have a question if a multi-leg trip (that starts and eventually ends in the same city) counts the same as a round trip flight.
A family member flew two one way flights - one from FLL-LGA and JFK-MIA.
I was surprised to see that she was upgraded to Gold Medallion status.
Based on that I feel it might work even in your case.
Good Luck!
I have no idea if this targeted or not -- the title of the email said "Exclusive Offer: Book Award Travel This October And Get Miles Back". There was no link to register in the email I received.

For a limited time, save up to 25% when you book Award Travel.

Hello xxxx,

Exchange your hard-earned miles for memories.

Book a Delta or Delta Connection® round-trip Award Ticket and earn a 20% mileage rebate in BusinessElite®, First or Business Class and a 10% rebate in Economy Class. Plus, earn a 25% mileage rebate for each additional BusinessElite, First or Business Class Award Ticket and a 15% mileage rebate for each Economy Class Award Ticket.

Here's how the savings add up:

BusinessElite, First or Business Class Mileage Rebate Economy Class Mileage Rebate

First Round-trip Award Ticket flown 20% 10%

Each Additional Round-trip Award Ticket flown 25% 15%

Award Tickets must be booked by October 31, 2011, and travel must be completed by April 30, 2012. There is no limit on the number of rebates you can earn. Rebates will appear in the redeeming member's account after travel is complete.

Where will your miles take you? Book today.

Terms & Conditions

Applicable Routes: All roundtrip routes served by either Delta- or Delta Connection-marketed and -operated flights. Codeshare flights operated by carriers other than the Delta Connection carriers are not eligible for this offer.

Award Tickets: Award Tickets must be booked and redeemed between October 18 and October 31, 2011.

Travel Period: Award Travel must be completed between October 18, 2011 and April 30, 2012.

Blackout Dates: Subject to Award Ticket availability.

Award Validity: Seats for the discounted Award redemption levels are limited and may not be available on all flights. Award redemption levels are valid on Delta and Delta Connection carrier flights only.

Minimum Stay: None

Maximum Stay: None

Cancellations/Refunds/Changes: Tickets are nonrefundable except in accordance with Delta's cancellation policy. Fees may apply for downgrades/reissues and itinerary changes. Contact a Delta agent or see Ticket Changes for details.

Restrictions: Availability of Award Ticket inventory is limited and may not be available on all flights. Some markets may have more availability than others. Award Tickets are nontransferable.

Taxes/Fees: Award redemption levels shown available at delta.com. Tickets cost $20 more if purchased from Delta over the phone, $35 more at a Delta ticket counter or ticket office, and these amounts are nonrefundable. Award Tickets require payment of the September 11th Security Fee of up to $2.50 USD for each flight segment in the passenger's ticketed itinerary. Award Travel for U.S. or international travel requires the payment of U.S. or foreign user, inspection, customs, security or other similarly based charges, fees or taxes of up to $349.00 USD, depending on the itinerary. Taxes and fees for Award Travel are subject to change, are the responsibility of the passenger and must be paid at the time the ticket is booked. Award Travel seats are limited and may not be available on all flights or in all markets.

Baggage Charges: For travel between/within the United States/Canada/PR/U.S. Virgin Islands, $25 USD/CAD* fee for first checked bag, $35 USD/CAD* fee for second checked bag. For travel between the United States/Canada/PR/U.S. Virgin Islands and Mexico/Central America and for travel between/within Mexico/Central America/Caribbean and for travel between the United States/Canada/PR/U.S. Virgin Islands and the Dominican Republic/Guyana/Haiti, $40 USD/CAD* fee for second checked bag. For travel between the United States/Canada/PR/U.S. Virgin Islands and the Caribbean (except Dominican Republic, Guyana, and Haiti), $25 fee for first checked bag and $40 USD/CAD* fee for second checked bag. For travel between the United States/Canada/PR/U.S. Virgin Islands/ Mexico/Central America/Caribbean and South America (except Brazil), 60 USD/CAD fee for second checked bag when bags are prepaid during online check-in at delta.com (additional 15 USD/CAD surcharge for the second bag, when checking in via ticket counter, kiosk, or curbside). For travel between United States/Canada/PR/U.S. Virgin Islands/ Mexico/Central America/Caribbean/South America (except Brazil) and Europe/Middle East/Asia (except Japan and the Philippines)/Australia/New Zealand, 60 USD/CAD*/EUR* fee for second checked bag when bags are prepaid during online check-in at delta.com (additional 15 USD/CAD*/EUR* surcharge for the second bag, when checking in via ticket counter, kiosk, or curbside). For travel between Japan and Guam/Saipan/Palau, $40 USD/CAD* fee for second checked bag. Allowances subject to size/weight limits. Contact a Delta agent or [see Excess Baggage][visit delta.com] for details. (*Fees are CAD exit Canada, EUR exit Europe.)

Promotional Reference Code: Please refer Delta reservations representative to 97060524.

Miscellaneous: Rebated miles will post to the SkyMiles account of the qualifying member 8-10 weeks after final segment of Award Travel has been completed. If an Award Ticket consists of travel in both Economy and Premium cabins (BusinessElite, First or Business Class) for either departure or return, the rebated miles for the qualifying Award Ticket will receive a 10% rebate for one ticket and a 15% rebate for all additional tickets redeemed. Fares, taxes, fees, rules, and offers are subject to change without notice.

General: All SkyMiles program rules apply to SkyMiles program membership, miles, offers, mile accrual, mile redemption, and travel benefits. The rules are subject to change anytime. To review the rules, please visit Membership Guide & Program Rules. Taxes and fees for Award Travel are the responsibility of the passenger and must be paid at the time the ticket is booked. Partner offers subject to the terms and conditions of each individual offer. Offers void where prohibited by law. Offers and benefits subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
Also in the same email:

30 MILES PER DOLLAR SPENT ›
Shop for birthday flowers and gifts and earn 30 miles per dollar spent with 1800Flowers.com.

No specific T&C that I could see.

Also, when I went to the site, the inSite toolbar said I would be getting 10X MR points when using an eligible Amex card.
Quote: I have no idea if this targeted or not -- the title of the email said "Exclusive Offer: Book Award Travel This October And Get Miles Back". There was no link to register in the email I received.

For a limited time, save up to 25% when you book Award Travel.
It is targeted, and you may not attempt to register, as all targeted accounts have been auto-registered. Some suspect that former participants in the Amex MR transfer promos were targeted. To find out if you're eligible, log into your account and go toe Manage My Account > View Promotions and see if October Award Travel Rebate appears in your list. If it does, book away!
I don't know how great a promo this is - in two weeks Mrs. & I will be going DTW - TLV in BE & paid 215k miles each (we booked about 3 months ago). I just looked & they are now asking 350k miles each, so it makes no sense to cancel & rebook for this promo. But, it may work for a new booking a few months out (or has DL just raised the mileage for all trips to cover the promo costs?).
Quote: I don't know how great a promo this is - in two weeks Mrs. & I will be going DTW - TLV in BE & paid 215k miles each (we booked about 3 months ago). I just looked & they are now asking 350k miles each, so it makes no sense to cancel & rebook for this promo. But, it may work for a new booking a few months out (or has DL just raised the mileage for all trips to cover the promo costs?).
Prices change rapidly. I just rebooked a bunch of 25,000 domestic travel (which ends up as first class because of my status), knowing it will effectively cost 21,250 miles in the end. However, there were a couple that had increased to 32,500, so I just skipped those.
Quote: Some suspect that former participants in the Amex MR transfer promos were targeted.
I can tell you it is not that because I am targeted and have never transferred MR points.
Quote: I can tell you it is not that because I am targeted and have never transferred MR points.
Could be that transferring MR points is one of several qualifiers, not the only one? Perhaps having a DL account linked to an MR account or something similar also puts you on their radar? Could also be something much simpler or completely related to MR. In the end, what matters is that the promo shows up in your list. If it does, make use of it!
Both my wife and I were targeted (it appears in our promo pages, but no other communication from Delta about it).

I've done transfers from MR to Delta. She hasn't done any transfers and isn't primary on any AmEx card.
Just received: Award Builder "Get More Miles On Your Next Flight"
Offer is to buy additional miles on next trip in 1,000, 2,000, and 3,000 increments, at $28/1,000 miles. Not planning to do it....is this comparable to offers in the past?
Quote: Offer is to buy additional miles on next trip in 1,000, 2,000, and 3,000 increments, at $28/1,000 miles. Not planning to do it....is this comparable to offers in the past?

At this rate, it would cost $700 to do a round trip domestic upgrade.

Gee, what a bargain.

Best in Klass.
Quote: At this rate, it would cost $700 to do a round trip domestic upgrade.

Gee, what a bargain.

Best in Klass.
I agree. That's why I was curious about other "deals" that may have been offered in the past.
For a long time about 5 years ago, NW had an option to buy 2,000 miles for $20 on a r/t itinerary. I took advantage of that offer quite a few times.

This new offer sure isn't even close to what anyone should value SkyPesos for on a dollar basis...
Quote: Offer is to buy additional miles on next trip in 1,000, 2,000, and 3,000 increments, at $28/1,000 miles. Not planning to do it....is this comparable to offers in the past?
Several airlines, including Delta, offer miles for a relatively high price during OLCI. You shouldn't consider them "deals" - these offers are usually priced well above special offers you can get other ways/times. However, there are some circumstances where they can make sense, such as when you need to top off an account in short order with a small amount of miles to enable a redemption. No reason to complain about the pricing - just don't buy if it doesn't make sense for you.