wholesaleflights.com?

Subscribe
Has anyone used whoelsaleflights.com? Are they any good/for real?
Quote: Has anyone used whoelsaleflights.com? Are they any good/for real?
Site requires you to fill out a contact information to get specific details... No thanks.
The joined the BBB program in June and already have 21 complaints filed... doesn't look too promising.
See also http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/budge...xperience.html
Why do people lose all sensibilities when looking for cheap airfares? I would never put my trust in a website that pops up online, and give them hundreds if not thousands of dollars just to save a few dollars. I prefer long-standing reputable agencies or just book directly with the airline.

These sort of "have you ever heard of..." threads pop up so often. I feel sorry for the suckers who use them or even consider using them. You know they will eventually get scammed and lose all that they saved in the past.
I just checked them for 3 tickets to Rome from NY and saw some awesome prices on their web site. I called 877-233-3727 to speak with a rep. I got some Russian guy and when I told him the prices I saw, he called me a very funny guy and hung up on me. I called back, got the same guy (he tried to make his voice sound different) and he told me that I was a comedian and hung up me again. I finally took a screen capture of the information and pasted it into an email. I did this because I fully intend to contact the better business bureau about them.

I was so upset with them I joined Flyer Talk. I am now going to hunt them like dogs.
BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY!!! I booked an international ticket with a great rate-the salesman said that when i get to the airport just tell them the ticket is from a COUPON, that's why it's a diferent name!!!! BIG RED FLAG-Virgin Atlanitic is filing a fraud charge against them.
Wholesale Flights is more than a bait and switch operation. Their dishonesty goes beyond that. When you buy a ticket from them they ask you to fill in a "Security Release Form". The very very small very fine print on the bottom tells you that if you don't check the box at the bottom of the page they will start charging your credit card a $9.95 subscription monthly fee. If you don't track your credit cards carefully, you'll be paying them forever.
In addition - the way they saved me money on the one flight I bought from them was to buy two overlapping round trip tickets - and then only sent me information on the two legs of the trip I was flying on. I didn't realize what they'd done until I went to the airport on the first leg.
I'm trying to get my money back from the monthly subscription fee but they're wholly unhelpful. This group is deceptive and dishonest. WATCH OUT.
Quote: Wholesale Flights is more than a bait and switch operation. Their dishonesty goes beyond that. When you buy a ticket from them they ask you to fill in a "Security Release Form". The very very small very fine print on the bottom tells you that if you don't check the box at the bottom of the page they will start charging your credit card a $9.95 subscription monthly fee. If you don't track your credit cards carefully, you'll be paying them forever.
In addition - the way they saved me money on the one flight I bought from them was to buy two overlapping round trip tickets - and then only sent me information on the two legs of the trip I was flying on. I didn't realize what they'd done until I went to the airport on the first leg.
I'm trying to get my money back from the monthly subscription fee but they're wholly unhelpful. This group is deceptive and dishonest. WATCH OUT.
AFfrequentflyer is right on the money. I've never seen such dishonest business. Dealing with Wholesale Flights was simply the worst experience I've ever had with a company. Please, I’m begging you!! Learn from the people who know first-hand, DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!!!

First of all, being a noob, I got sucked into the bait and switch tactic. I called about an excellent price I found advertised on a travel site and I should have known it was too good to be true. When I called about the prices, the rep I talked to ADMITTED!! that those prices are just to draw in customers!! I should have hung up right then but stuck on the phone and found that the real prices he had to offer were still a little better than what I had been seeing on other sites (Stupid on my part). Had I seen the warning signs I would have ran but companies like these pray on the ignorant.

To make a long story short:

1. They wanted to charge me $100 extra to rebook my ticket after my last name was spelled wrong during the booking process, which means my tickets read the wrong name. (Not really going to get to get through security when the name on your ticket doesn’t match the one on your passport)

2. My agent dropped off the face of the planet and was completely unreachable. I later found out he left the company about a week after I booked my ticket.

3. After several emails, phone messages and close to 20 phone calls later I finally got the issue resolved more than a month after I booked my ticket.

4. After I left 3 detailed messages on one manager’s voicemail box he said he had never heard of me before, WHAT?!? Are you kidding me?

5. To top it all off they also took me for an extra $9.95 in a membership scheme mentioned above by AFfrequentflyer.

STAY FAR AWAY!!
Wholesaleflights made my travel arrangements a nightmare
I made my name BuyerBeware for this post because it is exactly what I would like to convey when it comes to this company. I had to post just because of my excruciating experience with this company and their so-called customer service. They were rude, deceiving, conniving, and had the nerve to flat out try to insult my intelligence. My initially intelligence was not apparent by me even starting to deal with this company, but after they bait and switched me by sending me itineraries for one flight with a major airline carrier, then changed my itinerary without my knowledge to some budget off the grid "CASH" only airline that was not even located in the US. Who ever heard of a CASH only airline? Not one that I would trust anyway. I was only made aware of the change after my credit card flagged one of their charges as FRAUD (how ironic) and issued me a new card. After I disputed the change they refused to amend the situation. They challenged me to get a lawyer stating that their Ticket release form was designed to have just enough information in it to ensure that no law action could be taken on them without extensive efforts and money. I was hung up on several times, their supervisor "well I'm not even going to go there for the integrity of the post" but I hope you get my drift. I had filed a claim with my credit card providing them with 15 pages of documentation showing their very apparent bait and switch operation and the charge was quickly expunged. Stay away from this company if you can, and save yourself the headache.
A big resounding NO!!!!!!!!!
STAY AWAY Old post, but WF Still In business
*****STAY AWAY, STAY AWAY, STAY AWAY!!!!!!***** I WILL MAKE THIS SIMPLE. This company operates at the risk of YOU losing your flight and ruining your vacation or trip. They win 90% of the time or more, but if you check BBB, you will see several "customers" have had that happen and the company refunds their money. Somehow, when I purchased what I thought was a "ticket," I received an email from Delta for $129.30 and 245,000 Sky Miles!!! I don't have Sky Miles so somebody else's account transferred those miles to me, charged my AMEX for the Delta fees, then a hefty nearly $6000 for 245,000 points. People ask if they sell points, well, indirectly they sure do and I set out to prove it. I demanded a refund and the owner/COO offered me $2000 IF, IF, IF and ONLY IF I removed any negative comments and left positive ones in their place....He also threatened to sue me for defamation of character for leaving my comments IF I took him to court. I have not said a word that I can't back up with proof, so if that doesn't tell you everything you need to know about this company, then I don't know what does. IMO, it seems I'm being paid off to remove negative comments and leave false positive ones int their place. I could be wrong, but it sure does feel that way to me. IF you're feeling lucky go ahead and book it with them, if you're not, then suck it up and just go in economy. At least you know you will get on the flight and not have your ticket cancelled. Side note, I tried resolving it directly with the company directly, now it is with the BBB and next will be court. Look elsewhere if you want quality customer service, a real ticket (not a hidden award ticket that they shuffle miles around and then charge you ridiculous amounts.) Not to mention unscrupulous representatives that lie to you. My so called "agent" promised me he wouldn't book the flight without my final consent....well, you know how that went and shame on me for giving my cc #. I just thought it was to hold the ticket since he said I had a time frame in which to lock that fare in. High pressure sales tactics, bait and switch fares and despite what their website claims, they DO NOT HAVE EXCLUSIVE CONTRACTS WITH ANY AIRLINES!!!!! That statement is a flat out lie and it baffles me how they can leave it up there. Also, simply by using their site, your are agreeing to what is called a browse wrap (check Terms and Conditions at the bottom of their site.) Furthermore, they claim they occasionally "gift" customers points/miles. Anyone knows you can't gift miles to strangers and a customer is still a stranger and you can't gift miles.....Do your homework, check the BBB complaints, resolutions and do a general search on forums and other people's horrible experiences. NOT WORTH THE RISK!!!! STAY FAR AWAY!!!!!