Omaha-Orlando/Tampa on tap

Subscribe
Looks like OMA-MCO and OMA-TPA is how they are getting an E190 to Orlando and Tampa to then turn into MCO/TPA-Oklahoma City.

It make sense that this would be YX and not F9, if for no other reason than YX already serves OMA-MCO/TPA via Milwaukee. So if the nonstop doesn't fly on a day you want or at a time you want, you could fly OMA-TPA and then TPA-MKE-OMA, for example.

They also reference the YX onboard product, with dual seating, cookies, and BOB.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Midwes....html?x=0&.v=1
Nice to see OMA getting some love again from Midwest.

Midwest has offered weekend, seasonal service on the OMA-MCO route in the past. Plus, Southwest only flies the route on Saturdays during peak periods (so far anyways).

In some respects, OMA is a more logical choice for Midwest to launch these routes given the competitive landscape elsewhere. However, I'm still somewhat surprised the MCI-MCO route hasn't been resumed yet.

While there is a specific rationale for these particular flights, I wonder if OMA-LAX might be resumed at some point, especially if additional routing opportunities can be provided on Frontier.
The introductory fares look a little high for a leisure route, especially compared to what some LCC's offer. I wonder if they are trying to identify routes where they can command a little bit of a price premium. Perhaps there is too much LCC competition on MCI-MCO and MCI-TPA for them to reinstate those at this time.

Perhaps others on this board have some data that would either support or disprove my point.
These fares are actually pretty competitive for the high fare market of Omaha. I looked at the APG data and saw that from OMA to MCO/TPA the average fare is $128 each way for four quarters. And these fares are based off flights that have stops.
Welcome to FlyerTalk, Mostlyair!
Hope to see more posts from you in the future.
Quote:
While there is a specific rationale for these particular flights, I wonder if OMA-LAX might be resumed at some point, especially if additional routing opportunities can be provided on Frontier.
I remember the days of OMA-LAX DC-9 flights. I think that was my first trip on a YX DC-9.
Quote: Welcome to FlyerTalk, Mostlyair!
Thank You! Don't worry I'm here to help out for awhile. It was amusing watching you guys trying to figure out where the E90s were going from MCO/TPA.
Ii is good to see Midwest giving OMA another try. I wonder what the livery will be on the plane? YX or F9?
Quote: Welcome to FlyerTalk, Mostlyair!
+1

Are some of the tweets I've been reading from you?

It is great to have a reliable source of information. We will probably be depending on you a lot, now that you have come forward.

Thanks in advance for your contributions.