Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > New York City
Reload this Page >

JFK Hotel Recommendations (consolidated)

Old Oct 8, 2009, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Last edited by TAKEOFF2DAY; Aug 15, 2015 at 11:49 am
Old Oct 8, 2009, 6:30 pm
Suspended

I know the Sheraton JFK is very close, im not sure if its directly connected or not
Old Oct 8, 2009, 10:05 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
It's been reported here that the on-airport hotel (Ramada) is closing as of Dec 1:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/new-y...tel-close.html
Old Oct 9, 2009, 1:33 pm

See:
Any cheap/decent recommendation at JFK?
JFK Hotels
Best JFK hotel
Hotel at JFK Airport
New York JFK Airport Overnight Layover: Advice Please
JFK hotels
among others (see that last one for another long list of earlier threads on JFK hotels)
Old Jan 9, 2011, 10:30 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Reasonably prices hotel near JFK with late night dining?

This could be a really tall order...I've been to many hotels around JFK/Jamaica for short layovers but I'd be very keen to get advice if someone knows a place with decent late night dining. I'll be arriving to LGA around 10pm and flying out from JFK the next morning.

Naturally a hotel with a nearby 24h diner does the trick, the dining doesn't necessarily need to be at the hotel premises but it should be close!

Thanks for any tips!
Old Jan 9, 2011, 10:51 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, B6, CX, KE, Latitude, VIFP, Crown & Anchor, etc.
Coming into LGA, you might want to check out the Sheraton LaGuardia East in downtown Flushing, about 3 miles away with free hotel shuttle - right in the middle of NYC's 2nd. largest Chinatown, where many restaurants are open very late - 1 a.m. or 2 a.m. even on weekdays - all within a 5 minute walking distance from the hotel's doorsteps. Depending on your travel date, you might be able to book AAA/AARP or other discounted rate plan for as low as $169 per night (under $200 with taxes & surcharges)

DELUGE, in the lower level is open for breakfast at 6 am and part of the Sheraton but dinner up to 10 pm only. Car service from the hotel to JFK - 8 miles - will run between $30 to $45 (no tolls) depending on which company is chosen. Taxi fare metered will run about $35 depending on traffic & rush hour conditions, a yellow taxi stand around the corner for folks using the #7 subway train.

Sheraton LaGuardia East
135-20 39th Avenue
Flushing, New York 11354 United States
Phone: (718) 460-6666 Fax: (718) 445-2655

Other decent hotels closer to JFK itself are basically in the middle of nowhere so might as well forget about dining - late night or not.

Also, avoid the lower tier/priced Best Western, Comfort/Quality Inn, etc. in the downtown Flushing area - many horror stories about cleanliness & poor housekeeping, etc.
Old Jan 9, 2011, 11:16 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think another transport option is to take a taxi to the LIRR Jamaica station and ride the airtrain to JFK from there, might overall save money and be possibly faster than taxi all the way.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Au Bon Pain at Concourse D is the only 24-hour food service at the LGA Central Terminal. I would grab something there and then hop on over to JFK. Or, if you're not too hungry, wait until you get to JFK and then go to T4 which is a 24-hour facility.
Old Feb 1, 2011, 1:11 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Letitride3c
Coming into LGA, you might want to check out the Sheraton LaGuardia East in downtown Flushing, about 3 miles away with free hotel shuttle - right in the middle of NYC's 2nd. largest Chinatown, where many restaurants are open very late - 1 a.m. or 2 a.m. even on weekdays - all within a 5 minute walking distance from the hotel's doorsteps. Depending on your travel date, you might be able to book AAA/AARP or other discounted rate plan for as low as $169 per night (under $200 with taxes & surcharges)

DELUGE, in the lower level is open for breakfast at 6 am and part of the Sheraton but dinner up to 10 pm only. Car service from the hotel to JFK - 8 miles - will run between $30 to $45 (no tolls) depending on which company is chosen. Taxi fare metered will run about $35 depending on traffic & rush hour conditions, a yellow taxi stand around the corner for folks using the #7 subway train.

Sheraton LaGuardia East
135-20 39th Avenue
Flushing, New York 11354 United States
Phone: (718) 460-6666 Fax: (718) 445-2655

Other decent hotels closer to JFK itself are basically in the middle of nowhere so might as well forget about dining - late night or not.

Also, avoid the lower tier/priced Best Western, Comfort/Quality Inn, etc. in the downtown Flushing area - many horror stories about cleanliness & poor housekeeping, etc.
Thanks for the tip, I booked at the Sheraton, couldn't get it under $200 but still reasonable.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 9:07 pm

Programs: CO PLT, DL GM, Hertz President Circle, SPG Platinum
JFK Hotel

I get the JFK Howard Johnson on Hotwire and sometimes direct at www.hojo.com for $62. Which for JFK is a steal. Nothing fancy; but, free shuttle, clean and a brief breakfast in the AM. You can call them to see if there are Diner's in the area.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 7:35 pm

Programs: dl dm
need a jfk hotel, suggestions?

got an early flt out of jfk next saturday...any suggestions for nice clean hotel with a shuttle to jfk terminals?
Old Jun 18, 2011, 4:55 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by chelseawolverine
got an early flt out of jfk next saturday...any suggestions for nice clean hotel with a shuttle to jfk terminals?

This post has been moved over from another topical thread to this new consolidated thread on JFK Hotels. Please check upthread for more info and links to older threads.

/Moderator
Old Jun 19, 2011, 6:25 pm

Programs: Aeroflot Gold, DL Silver, Marriott Gold, Global Entry, NEXUS
Arrow Fairfield Inn JFK

We have some regular clients who fly in from Central Asia and Russia and usually need an overnight. If they don't want to come into Manhattan, they usually stay at Fairfield Inn JFK:
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...k-jfk-airport/

Fairfield Inn New York JFK Airport
156-08 Rockaway Blvd. Jamaica, New York 11434 USA
718-977-3300

Usually we get it at about $150/night plus tax. Clean, safe, convenient shuttle and good staff.

There are other hotels in the area but I really don't see the value in them (unless you are trying to earn points).
Old Jun 20, 2011, 2:58 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by chelseawolverine
Recently I stayed at the Quality Inn - Air Train/Jamaica. It's located a block from the Airtrain station and was quite decent. I didn't eat breakfast because I left early but I was happy with my room, the employees and I never felt unsafe in the area.

You can see my review at post #77:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/choic...-thread-6.html
Old Jul 1, 2013, 6:15 am

Programs: MPC GOLD
Overnight in JFK?

Hello, I am posting for the first time so please move the thread if it is in the wrong place.
I will be arriving in JFK at about 10pm (from HKG) and then flying out the next morning at 7am to MCO. I have MPC Gold and will travel on J CX award ticket from HKG and paid F ticket on AA to MCO, in case that gives me any lounge options. But it seems that any lounges close at 11:30pm so I could not use a lounge for the layover. In reading a few threads it seems that a hotel is the best option. Is this correct? If yes what hotel do you recommend? I see a bunch on the JFK airport site but if you have a preference please advise. Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.