Change name on Hawaiian Airlines ticket?

Subscribe
Does anybody know if this allowed?

I purchased two tickets a couple months ago for a trip at the end of this year and the other person cannot go now.

Any good suggestions on how to handle this?

I appreciate any input!
Is the ticket for a transpacific or interisland flight? If it is for a transpacific flight, you're kinda stuck. Your best bet is to cancel the ticket and pay the cancellation fee. Sorry I don't have better news.
Quote: Is the ticket for a transpacific or interisland flight? If it is for a transpacific flight, you're kinda stuck. Your best bet is to cancel the ticket and pay the cancellation fee. Sorry I don't have better news.
Just for clarification purposes, how would it be any different for an interisland ticket? For any ticket, one cannot transfer the ticket to another once booked under that person's name. The only thing to do is to cancel the ticket for that person (or request a refund for a refundable ticket) and use that ticket for the ticket nameholder at a later date before the ticket expires. Then you'd have to book a new ticket in another person's name for the new traveler.
Quote: Just for clarification purposes, how would it be any different for an interisland ticket? For any ticket, one cannot transfer the ticket to another once booked under that person's name. The only thing to do is to cancel the ticket for that person (or request a refund for a refundable ticket) and use that ticket for the ticket nameholder at a later date before the ticket expires. Then you'd have to book a new ticket in another person's name for the new traveler.
For interisland travel my tickets are transferable and refundable as long as they aren't book in "H" or "Z" classes of service. I do it all the time when I can't make a trip and send someone else in my place.
You can also change the name via a corporate account. ^
Quote: You can also change the name via a corporate account. ^
That is the only way to change it. It's very clearly worded in all fare rules that non-corporate tickets are non-transferable. At least for our corporate tickets, it's transferable and fully refundable within 90 minutes prior to departure (since the new changes took effect a month or two ago).

Want to clarify the above few posts, since a poster made it seem like there was a way for all tickets.
barter for round trip ticket
Quote: Just for clarification purposes, how would it be any different for an interisland ticket? For any ticket, one cannot transfer the ticket to another once booked under that person's name. The only thing to do is to cancel the ticket for that person (or request a refund for a refundable ticket) and use that ticket for the ticket nameholder at a later date before the ticket expires. Then you'd have to book a new ticket in another person's name for the new traveler.
I just came across an opportunity to trade some electronics (computer,phone,video accessories) for a round trip ticket. The ad I found states:
"I purchased a ticket less than a month in advanced last year and was unable to make the flight. It's from Vegas to Honolulu to Maui to Honolulu and back. It's available to book for any dates until July 7, 2010. I bought this ticket from Hawaiian Airlines and they've granted me the ability to transfer this ticket to someone, as I won't be able to afford the amenities. "

I responded to the ad stating I want to depart LAS to OGG on 3/9/10 and return from OGG to LAS on 3/14/10. He replied:
"As long as HawaiianAirlines.com shows that there's vacancy for those dates, I'll be able to book and transfer to you."

Going with the assumption he was able to get a credit from HA, what steps can I take to ensure I'm not getting scammed?
Quote: I just came across an opportunity to trade some electronics (computer,phone,video accessories) for a round trip ticket. The ad I found states:
"I purchased a ticket less than a month in advanced last year and was unable to make the flight. It's from Vegas to Honolulu to Maui to Honolulu and back. It's available to book for any dates until July 7, 2010. I bought this ticket from Hawaiian Airlines and they've granted me the ability to transfer this ticket to someone, as I won't be able to afford the amenities. "

I responded to the ad stating I want to depart LAS to OGG on 3/9/10 and return from OGG to LAS on 3/14/10. He replied:
"As long as HawaiianAirlines.com shows that there's vacancy for those dates, I'll be able to book and transfer to you."

Going with the assumption he was able to get a credit from HA, what steps can I take to ensure I'm not getting scammed?
If it was a first class ticket, ya of course he could change the names / dates. The dates could be changed for a change fee. The names, nope. Unless of course he is an employee and is trying to sell you a stand by ticket.
Quote: If it was a first class ticket, ya of course he could change the names / dates. The dates could be changed for a change fee. The names, nope. Unless of course he is an employee and is trying to sell you a stand by ticket.
His circumstances for missing the flight allowed him a one-time name change. He had to pay $150 to put my name on the ticket though.
Changing flights without being charged fee. Is this possible?
Here is the story. Bought 2 one way tickets for travel in May. The tickets are from KOA-LIH, with the usual stop in HNL. The flight from KOA to HNL has a new departure time. It is approx. 20 minutes earlier than when I originally had booked it. With that said, it is still using the original flight number.

Prior to this, we were considering leaving on an earlier flight or flights. Since HA changed our original flight times, can we change one or both legs to an earlier time without any fee's? I know I have been able to do this on AA in the past I am not sure about HA. Thoughts?