Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

SPG Advisory Community = 12000 Bonus Points! (targetted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2008, 8:41 am
Original Poster

Just rec'd this email today.... sounds pretty cool actually!

Let your voice make a difference
around the SPG® world.

Congratulations, as one of our loyal Starwood Preferred Guest® members, you are cordially invited to be considered to join a prestigious gathering of members in the Starwood Preferred Guest Advisory Community. This important online discussion group has terrific influence over our future marketing efforts and initiatives.

If selected you will gain:

* Valuable interactions with other Preferred, Gold and Platinum members. You'll exchange travel experiences and tips with other seasoned travelers.
* The opportunity to earn 1,000 bonus Starpoints® per month for a total of up to 12,000 bonus Starpoints per year — enough for a free night at The St. Regis Monarch Beach Resort or any of our other spectacular Category 5 hotels around the world. You earn this simply by spending about 10-15 minutes per week sharing insights on this secure online community.
* The chance to provide feedback and influence positive change on our Web sites and online communications, SPG.com offers and in-hotel products and services.

Membership in the community typically lasts up to 12 months. If you are selected, you will be notified via email within several weeks. Thank you for your continued participation in Starwood Preferred Guest. We look forward to providing ever-improving service through insights shared by this important group.

http://starwood.r.delivery.net/r/c/r...%5f%5fBeYeGaC0
Old Jun 20, 2008, 9:09 am

sounds like a great program to share responses while earning points! thanks OP
Old Jun 20, 2008, 9:11 am

No luck here but thanks for the link.
Old Jun 20, 2008, 9:14 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Question

This is definitely targeted. So it's not really beneficial to the community as a whole.
Please Note: To be eligible to qualify for the Starwood Preferred Guest Advisory Community, you must have received an email invitation from Starwood Preferred Guest. If you received this link from some other source, you will not be eligible for this program.
Old Jun 20, 2008, 9:16 am

Location: Currently fais la navette entre les US et Paris. Lived in Scotland, Netherlands, and virtually everywhere in the US
Programs: AA 1M miles, UA Premier 1K, AF FB Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold VIP, Starwood/Marriott Gold Elite, etc.
community membership, if accepted

Just went through the sign-up process for the community. never gave my name or SPG number, but did give gender, ethnicity, salary, location, etc . . . and was told that they had too many people like me!
Old Jun 20, 2008, 9:21 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
I received the target e-mail and have successfully made it through the screening questions to the next round of the selection process.
Old Jun 20, 2008, 9:29 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Originally Posted by JayCey
Just went through the sign-up process for the community. never gave my name or SPG number, but did give gender, ethnicity, salary, location, etc . . . and was told that they had too many people like me!
Ditto.
Old Jun 20, 2008, 9:45 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; SPG Gold; OnePass Gold; Avis President's Club
Went through the questions and was told they needed high quality folks such as myself to make Starwoods hotels a better place. Apparently, they have already reached their quote of riff-raff

Just kidding, although it did invite me to participate. I had to supply my first name, last name and email and was told they will be getting back with me if they needed me to join the group.
Old Jun 20, 2008, 10:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by rlockton
12,000 bonus Starpoints per year — enough for a free night at The St. Regis Monarch Beach Resort or any of our other spectacular Category 5 hotels around the world.
So either they don't know their own program, or there are two levels of Cat 5 hotels - "spectacular" and something else.

The Westin Melbourne is 16,000 points per night. It must not be spectacular...
Old Jun 20, 2008, 10:51 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
...The Westin Melbourne is 16,000 points per night. It must not be spectacular...
It is 12,000 in low season. I guess everything needs an asterisk these days.

Besides this, The Westin Melbourne has not entered their high season dates properly into the reservation system, so - effectively - if you were to call instead of booking online, there is no high season in place at this hotel. Ergo, if you were to call and book it, it is - for the moment anyway - effectively low season year 'round and 12,000 Starpoints at SPG5.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]

Last edited by Starwood Lurker; Jun 20, 2008 at 11:12 am Reason: add additional info
Old Jun 20, 2008, 11:14 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
I received the target e-mail and have successfully made it through the screening questions to the next round of the selection process.
I also made it through the initial screening process. We'll see what happens next. I wonder how many people received the actual email invitation.
Old Jun 20, 2008, 11:25 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Southwest A-List Preferred
excited at the prospect of being a part of this program, but alas, not eligible.
Old Jun 20, 2008, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Otter was not offered as an ethnic group. I'm steamed. Anyone have the mailing address for SPG's EEOC Compliance Officer?
Old Jun 20, 2008, 11:34 am

Offer not valid for people with Apple Computers.
Old Jun 20, 2008, 12:00 pm

No email for me.....

deleted.

Last edited by CosmosHuman; Jun 23, 2008 at 6:51 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.