Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place College Station REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2008, 11:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz

HP College Station joined the HP family in November 2007 after being converted from the AmeriSuites. This 4-story hotel is less than 2 years old (as of January 2008) and hence in very good shape. Probably the best HP I stayed in so far.

The hotel is located approximately 2 miles east of Texas A&M University on University drive. There are numerous restaurants within walking distance (5 mins tops). Brand new Red Lobster is right outside the hotel. The whole area is newly developed with 6-7 hotels and more than 20 eating places.

There are several types of rooms at this property with either king size bed, 2 queen size beds, or 2 double size beds. The entire hotel is smoke free. Some rooms have sleeper sofas and some have armchairs instead. If you plan on having someone sleep on the sofa make sure to reserve the right type of room. You can see the description on Hyatt.com. There doesn't seem to be any price difference between the rooms so it shouldn't be a problem to change the room type at check in.

Regardless of the room type all rooms are equipped with 42" flat screen TVs with various connectors enabling you to connect pretty much any type of electronic equipment to the TV. There is a small dining area/kitchenette with the one-cup coffee maker (they give you 2 cups though and enough coffee for both). Unfortunately, there is no microwave oven in the room although there is a small fridge.

Bathrooms are in good shape and feature the curved shower rods ^ (I love those). They are your average HP size - enough space to turn around but don't plan to get really comfortable in there.

Since the hotel is fairly new, the common areas are in a really good shape. The indoor pool is approx. 50' long and you can actually swim some (short) laps. There is a hot tub adjacent to the pool. The pool and the hot tub overlook the back of the hotel through the big glass windows. I even think that the windows are actually sliding doors that can be opened during nice weather (don't take my word for it though). The gym is next door to the pool and sports a couple of treadmills and if I'm not mistaken some free weights. I haven't used the gym (Gold's gym travel card is always in the wallet ) so I'm not sure about what is there.

There is a small business center in the lobby with 2 PCs and a laser printer. Right across the hall are 2 small conference rooms. Adjacent to the front desk is the small pantry where you can buy sandwiches and drinks. Last time I was there I think I saw someone having a beer there.

The breakfast area is not huge. They serve typical HP menu with the assortment of pre-packaged cereals, 2 kinds of bread, English muffins, bagels, cream cheese, jams, etc. There is always some freshly brewed Starbucks coffee and your regular OJ, non-fat and 2% milk. The highlight is probably the fruit - melons, pink grapefruit and bananas.

I hope I covered everything. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited by todorovic; Jun 8, 2009 at 12:03 pm
Old Mar 24, 2008, 5:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
I hate "me too" posts and this is one.

Possibly because it was one of the last Amerisuites built and therefore didn't have to completely refurbish, this location is unique, at least compared to all other HP's I have visited. In my opinion its just a touch nicer.

Crushed velvet overstuffed furniture in the rooms rather than the standard-issue L's. Seems like somewhat different color scheme, especially in the lobby. Lighter marble than I remember elsewhere, chain-mail lobby dividers, and the closest I've seen the pseudo-Starbucks thing in the lobby working out as envisioned.

Employees in semi-formal black and silver outfits. Being Aggieland the burnt orange would be heresy and may explain the differences. I did like the place better than the local Fairfield for reasons beyond needing stay credit, but I also paid a bit more.

Diamond Status; I'll be back Wednesday. Get my black card ready to mail.

Last edited by jayer; Mar 24, 2008 at 9:36 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.