Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada Elite-Level Members: Please Answer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2007, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

I am conducting research for an upcoming article in InsideFlyer magazine about elite-level memberships and would like your answers to the following questions. Either respond here or at [email protected].

Thank you!

1) What one benefit that you receive as an elite-level member in Aeroplan do you value the most?

2) What one elite benefit would you like to be offered that you currently aren't being offered?

3) If you could ask one question of the managers of the elite program, what would it be?
Old Jan 3, 2007, 1:08 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by lynda_insideflyer

1) What one benefit that you receive as an elite-level member in Aeroplan do you value the most?
Upgrades
2) What one elite benefit would you like to be offered that you currently aren't being offered?
Instant KK

3) If you could ask one question of the managers of the elite program, what would it be?
No burning questions
Old Jan 3, 2007, 1:09 pm

Programs: AC Altitude E35K, *Silve, UA Premier Silver, Marriott Platinum, SPG Preferred Plus, a bunch of other
Upgrade certificates - followed very closely by lounge access.

Better redemption opportunities than non-elite flyers.

Why do they keep taking away benefits? It seems that there is a drastic drop in benefits over the last few years, and that is really making it hard to stay "loyal". I am starting to shift my travel to Canada's other airline based on scheduling due to the reductions.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 1:13 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
1. Lounge access (it's the one benefit I can actually use).
2. An increase in benefits year-over-year, as opposed to a decrease.
3. Why do I end the year without having had a chance to use my SWU's?
--
13F
Old Jan 3, 2007, 1:19 pm

Programs: AC Elite,Hilton Gold, Fairmont Premier
1) Lounge access (50% bonus miles a close close second)

2) Upgrade certs I can actually use (SSWU back is part of it, positive I on popular routes is the rest... the few times I got a Latitude fare it was because the route was so popular that there was no I)

3) Why do you tolerate such crappy IT? None of my clients would for a moment. I really don't get that.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Complementary access to MLLs and STAR lounges.

Discounted rate [from non-elites AE members] of "anytime" awards.

Why did you remove the 45K SSWUs last year?
Old Jan 3, 2007, 1:35 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K | Latitude Flight Pass junkie
MLL access, followed closely by SSWU

Automatic upgrades (at least domestically) - even without certs when space is available, in order of status, then fare paid.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 1:37 pm

Programs: AP-E, HHonors Gold, Hertz 5*
I am conducting research for an upcoming article in InsideFlyer magazine about elite-level memberships and would like your answers to the following questions. Either respond here or at [email protected].

Thank you!

1) MLL (it should be certs but they're practically useless)
2) Automatic upgrades if J space is available on flight regardless of certs
3) When are you going to ADD benefits as opposed to removing them?
Old Jan 3, 2007, 1:58 pm

Programs: AC *P
1) SSWU's.

2) Instant kk, followed by lower redemption levels than non-SE/E members.

3) Why are you not offering re-qualifying bonuses for members who are Elites year-in / year-out.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 2:23 pm

1) Star Alliance Gold status (and access to Star Alliance lounges)

2) Automatic upgrade if space is available & something like this: "lifetime gold membership if you've earned gold status for 10 consecutive years" (quote from British Midlands)

3) Please ask them why they do not offer suitable benefits for non-Canadian residents? (i.e. ones without residency restrictions, or ones that are appropriate for people who mainly fly AC internationally)?
Old Jan 3, 2007, 2:26 pm

Programs: AC Elite, SPG Plat
Thumbs down

1. Lounge Access.
2. Comp upgrades without certs when space available.
3. Why did they go from 15,000 to 20,000 points for each SWU?
Old Jan 3, 2007, 2:35 pm

Programs: AC SE100*1MM; Spire Ambassador
My answers:

(1) lounge access/upgrade coupons

(2) using points to upgrade seats (on Aeroplan)

(3) will each reward ticket cost me $500 or more in 2007 and beyond when redeeming Aeroplan points, while most other airlines do not charge, or charge very little?
Old Jan 3, 2007, 2:35 pm

Programs: Sans souci
1) SSWUs. I use passes for domestic travel so I don't need any SWU or NA certs.

2) Lower redemption levels for status members

3) For those of us who do not need SWU or NA certs, would you consider an option offering Elites 4 SSWUs each year and no other certs?
Old Jan 3, 2007, 6:46 pm

1. Star alliance lounge access
2. Access to United Economy Plus seating
3. Why do you charge fees and taxes on reward seats, why is that one portion of the cost of a reward ticket charged back?
Old Jan 3, 2007, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Maybe this can replace AE's "survey by IPSOS Reid of 3,000 members".

1. Ability to actually use my SSWU's to upgrade followed by lounge access.

2. Lifetime E/SE status (e.g. 1 million AC miles gets you lifetime E, 2-3 million lifetime SE)

3. At a time when both AC and AE are making record profits, why do you seem to trying so hard to allienate your best customers? The program today is a mere shadow of what was offered 5 or so years ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.