Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: AA Celebrity Sightings and Related - 2000-2012

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2006, 7:23 pm

Hulk Hogan and daughter in the Miami terminal A Admirals Club on 9/4. Very nice and polite.
Old Sep 7, 2006, 8:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP-1MM, SPG Gld, HH Silver, Skymiles, Marriott Silver, Hyatt GP Plat , CO Peon, Hertz 5 Star
Monday 9/4 NRT-DFW Donnie Nelson GM of the Dallas Mavericks two rows behind me in J. Saw Pat Riley in the lobby bar of the Park Hyatt the previous week.
Old Sep 8, 2006, 2:59 am

Had Mary Hart on tonight. Nicest lady. Even had the chutzpah to say thank you for everything. Still as pretty as can be! They are not all so gracious.
Old Sep 8, 2006, 4:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by skylady
Had Mary Hart on tonight. Nicest lady. Even had the chutzpah to say thank you for everything. Still as pretty as can be! They are not all so gracious.
Please tell us who's not so gracious! Inquiring minds want to know.
Old Sep 11, 2006, 9:01 am

Programs: PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Gold Elite, UA 2P, Starwood Gold, Avis First, Bolt Bus $1 Rider
Ollie North

last night
jfk to dca
AA 4761

on the the flight that was supposed to leave at 10:40 pm and left at 12:15 am instead!!!
Old Sep 11, 2006, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by 747
Mrs. Brady (Florence Henderson) who talks your ear off!
So true. I thought it was just me. We chatted (well, I listened) while waiting to check in at a Newport Beach hotel, many moons ago.
Old Sep 13, 2006, 10:19 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus, Hilton Honors
Miss Universe

Today on AA Flight 283 (MIA-LAX) in FIRST, ZULEYKA RIVERA, Miss Universe 2006, sat behind me in Row 6. Very popular with the FAs and Hispanic passengers. Frankly, I didn't know who she was (other than a very young and beautiful woman). Seemed pleasant enough.

http://www.missuniverse.com/missuniverse/index.html

What a day. I stayed at the Four Seasons in Miami, ate at Nobu in Miami Beach last night, got bumped to FIRST on my flight to LA. Got to sit in front of Miss Universe (and her assistant was nothing to sneeze about either).

Then reality dawned. I am staying at the Crowne Plaza in Beverly Hills (kind of a dreary place) and ate dinner at Jack in the Box.

I like the first client better.
Old Sep 14, 2006, 1:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by jessej
Ollie North

last night
jfk to dca
AA 4761

on the the flight that was supposed to leave at 10:40 pm and left at 12:15 am instead!!!
I guess the "most powerful lieutenant colonel in the world", has lost some of his power.
Old Sep 14, 2006, 3:14 am

Programs: AAdvantage PLT, HH GLD
On Sunday, DFW-LAX, sat next to Don Henley and his agent. They were in 6EF and I was in 6B. Charming guys and was very happy to sign a piece of paper to give to my dad who is a die hard Eagles fan.

FutureCEO1982
Old Sep 14, 2006, 10:38 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, OW Sapphire, QF Bronze, Marriott Silver, Starwood Gold; National Emerald
Originally Posted by jessej
Ollie North

last night
jfk to dca
AA 4761

Is it still the case that any flight that arrives after midnight to DCA, that airlines has to pay a fine? (violation of noise ordinance)
Old Sep 16, 2006, 9:06 pm
Suspended

911 - IB/AA JFK-MAD -- Liv Tyler

also on Fri ret BA LHR-JFK - across from Edgar Bronfman
Old Sep 16, 2006, 10:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, United 1k
You wouldn't want to get the guy I sat next to angry - you wouldn't like him angry

okay, I got two pretty good sightings:

About a month ago I was checking in at the Admirals club in Los Angles. A guy in the front of me just finished checking in. After I checked in I slipped into the elevator door as it closed. Standing right next to me was David Schimmer (Ross from friends). I talked to him for a few minutes but he wanted to be left alone - but seemed like a decent guy.

Last week I was on a flight back to LAX from the DC area. I saw Lou Ferrigno. I was like "HOLY .... YOUR THE HULK!" I told him I had 12 episodes on my DVR of the Hulk. I also started a pretty extensive workout program a couple of months ago and started taking karate lessons. I talked to him how Standing Tall his documentry was a little bit of a inpiration. He was a great guy, he talked to me on how he works out with Chuck Norris and talked about his role on King of Queens. He laughed when I told him I started recording King of Queens on my DVR after he started appearing and I recently bought Herclues - to which he even shook his head at in light hearted way.

Very down to earth - a few people came up to him and wanted to shake his hand. After we landed I was nervous as hell but thought how cool would it be to have a beer with the Hulk and asked him if wanted to grab a beer or dinner. He declined but pulled out his book from his bag and two letter sized photos of him (one of them as the Hulk in a famous Hulk like pose). He signed it personally to me which was freaking awsome.
Old Sep 17, 2006, 8:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Dia HH
Tonight during DFW's major meltdown, Julianna Margolis from ER in the C Term AC. She even ate the pretzel mixture!
Old Sep 17, 2006, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by Bmoney
Tonight during DFW's major meltdown, Julianna Margolis from ER in the C Term AC. She even ate the pretzel mixture!
You should've asked her if leaving ER was such a great decision
Old Sep 17, 2006, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by steve32
Is it still the case that any flight that arrives after midnight to DCA, that airlines has to pay a fine? (violation of noise ordinance)
If it is, then AA doesn't seem to care about paying the fine, as they have a flight on the schedule from DFW right now (AA2452) that arrives into DCA after midnight.

That being said, my celebrity sighting today was on AA33 (JFK-LAX). All of The Black Eyed Peas (except for Fergie) were in F (I was in J). She apparently was booked on AA1 and tried to stand by for AA33, but F and J were full.

Mike

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.