DL to Codeshare With Air France From Newark and Houston to Paris

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2002, 8:50 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

DL to Codeshare With Air France From Newark and Houston to Paris

DL will Codeshare With Air France From Newark and Houston to Paris

DL will begin codeshare service from New York (Newark) and Houston (Intercontinental Airport) to Paris on flights operated by its SkyTeam global alliance partner Air France. The carriers plan to start the codeshare service May 1, 2002. Air France will operate Boeing 777 and Airbus 330 aircraft on the Paris to Newark flights and Boeing 777 aircraft on the Paris to Houston flights.

Delta and Air France continue to expand their SkyTeam global alliance relationship using Charles de Gaulle International Airport. Currently, Delta codeshares with Air France beyond Paris on 383 flights to 61 destinations in Europe, Asia, the Middle East and Africa.

Delta and Air France codeshare on each others' flights from Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Cincinnati, Los Angeles, Miami, New York-JFK, Philadelphia, San Francisco, and Washington, D.C. (Dulles) to Paris. The two airlines also operate and codeshare on each others' flights to Nice both New York-JFK and Paris.

Top-tier flyers with the SkyTeam airlines (Air France, AeroMexico, Alitalia, CSA Czech Airlines, Delta and Korean Air) receive elite status on all member airline flights. Additionally, all SkyTeam member airline frequent flyers accrue miles and redeem awards on any of the six airlines.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/020212/attu021_1.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum21/HTML/005093.html
Old Feb 13, 2002, 6:38 am

Exciting news, if you consider travel on the very worst airline in the world to be exciting!
Old Feb 13, 2002, 8:46 am

speak for yourself! AF is my favorite airline.
Old Feb 13, 2002, 10:46 am

Programs: Skymiles GOLD, Frq +, Klm GOLD, Miles & More, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards, MilleMerci (Avis FR)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by NonRev99:
Exciting news, if you consider travel on the very worst airline in the world to be exciting!</font>
Don't understand. I'm french, and not always satisfied by AF. I posted several messages on this subject here.

But by no way is AF the worst company in the world. there are several example of big problems on american comapnies too.

On the subject here, Newark is really for me a far better choice than JFK, very easy to connect from downtown Manhattan.

Old Feb 17, 2002, 7:58 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by felis:
But by no way is AF the worst company in the world. </font>
I was not very impressed by the service on my AF flight CDG-EWR in F last year (the return flight was better) , I don't like the "chaotic boarding" (all pax fighting to get through the gate, irrespective of class booked)...but :

I'm a former F+R member, and you're right Felis, AF is a good airline, when not one of the best. I think the service is better than on most US carriers, the planes in better condition (have a look at the B727 oldies there ...).

The problem is : why some people, mostly north-americans, don't like AF.

I think this has nothing to do with the service itself, but with the "image" of the company as a french "national carrier".

[This message has been edited by ahrz (edited 02-17-2002).]
Old Feb 17, 2002, 2:57 pm

I completely agree with ahrz. There is quite a lot of north american hostility against AF here. Perhaps some of it is due to the expectations Delta elites had of a Skyteam partner, and which AF was not ready to deliver.

As a former F+ elite, I have had many pleasant if unexceptional flights on AF, and no truly bad one.
The main reason I am not flying them much any more is due to the callous French PAF team at GVA, which twice made me miss my plane by going through every little scrap of paper I carried, for no valid reason whatsoever. They are convinced every cleanly dressed foreigner coming out of GVA has just deposited a fortune in a Swiss bank. One lady even went ballistic upon discovering a change receipt for 50,000 yen. So many zeros, I had to be a millionaire!
Old Feb 18, 2002, 1:45 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by monahos:
I completely agree with ahrz. There is quite a lot of north american hostility against AF here. Perhaps some of it is due to the expectations Delta elites had of a Skyteam partner, and which AF was not ready to deliver.
</font>
I don't understand this hostility toward AF either. Regarding DL elites feeling mistreated, I've read identical reports of AF elites who felt the same way when riding DL. It sounds like a general Skyteam problem, and not an AF problem.
Old Feb 18, 2002, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Maybe you've read them, but not on this board!! I have rarely seen an AF passenger crap on DL. Oh, BTW, it seems to also be CAnadians, Brits, Australians, Spanish, Argentinians and about another 12 nationalities who also crap all over AF!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.