Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Business Cards - July 2015- Present

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 18, 2015, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BuBu4
Please read this Wiki before posting questions in the thread.

What's the difference between the Ink Bold & Ink Plus cards?
Ink Bold is no longer available. It was a charge card (pay balance in full each month), but it has been discontinued and many accounts were converted to Ink Plus cards with the same account numbers.

Ink Plus is a revolving credit card. It allows you to earn and redeem Chase Ultimate Rewards points (including transfering UR points to air/hotel/rail partners).
What are the best current Ink Plus offers?

The Ink Plus card is no longer available for new applicants. There is a separate thread for The Ink Business Preferred card.

Links for non-targeted Ink Plus 60K offer ($5,000 spend/3 months; annual $95 fee not waived)
There is a report of a 70k offer for the Chase Ink Plus available only through your local Chase Bank office, extended to August 20, 2016. If you recently accepted the 60K offer, you may be able to get the extra 10K simply by asking for it.

There is a no-fee, UR-earning Ink Cash card: https://creditcards.chase.com/ink-bu.../ink-cash-card
Are there are any rules or restrictions to keep in mind when applying for an Ink card?
What is the "5/24" policy?
Are targeted offers exempt from the 5/24 policy?
If my application isn't approved instantly, should I call in?
How can I determine the deadline for meeting the spend requirement to earn the signup bonus?
Once I meet the card's spend requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?
After being denied, how long should I wait before applying again for the same card?
How long should I wait after closing my card before applying again for the same card?

See the wiki & current discussion at Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward.
Are there special earning categories?
Yes. You earn 5 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at office supply stores, and on cellular phone, landline, internet, and cable TV services. (Sirius XM Radio also qualifies.)

In addition, you earn 2 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at gas stations and for hotel accommodations when purchased directly from the hotel.

NOT ALL Ink cards earn the 5x and 2x bonus categories above. Not "Old Ink Bold" that earns 7,500 bonus points for $25,000 spend, 15,000 points for $50,000, and 25,000 points for $100,000 spend.
What merchants qualify for 5 points/dollar spent?
Merchants that qualify:
AnswerConnect (Ref)
AT&T monthly bills @ website (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Boost Mobile (Ref)
Cablevision (Ref)
CallingMart.com (Direct entry)
CardCash.com (PayPal) (Ref, Ref)
CashStar/Staples @ staples.cashstar.com (Ref)
Charter Spectrum/Time Warner Cable monthly bills (Ref, Ref)
Comcast (Ref)
Cox Internet subscription (Ref)
Cricket Wireless (Ref)
Digital River MyCommerce/vorpX (PayPal) (Ref)
DirecTV (Ref, Ref)
Dish Network (Ref, Ref)
Dropbox (Ref)
eBay/PayPal Digital Gifts (PayPal) (Mastercards only) (Ref)
GiftCard Mart (PayPal) (Ref)
GoDaddy.com (Ref, Ref)
Google Fiber (Ref)
Gyft.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Half.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Hetzner.de (PayPal) (Ref)
HTC Vive @ store.us.HTCVive.com (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref)
Hulu (Ref, Ref, Ref)
INIZ (PayPal) (Ref)
LivingSocial.com (PayPal) (Ref)
MileagePlus X/OfficeMax @ app (YMMV ref, Ref)
MileagePlus X/Staples @ app (YMMV ref, Ref)
Netflix (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Nvidia GeForce Now (Ref)
Office Depot @ B&M, officedepot.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
OfficeMax @ B&M, officedepot.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
OneDrive (Ref)
Republic Wireless (Ref)
RingCentral (Ref)
Sirius XM (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Sling TV @ sling.com (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Spotify.com (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Sprint (Ref)
Staples @ B&M, staples.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
TiVo monthly bills (Ref, Ref)
T-Mobile monthly bills (Ref, Ref, Ref)
UPrinting.com (Ref)
Verizon (Ref)
Verizon Wireless (Ref)
Virgin Mobile (Ref)
VirginMobileUSA.com (Direct entry, PayPal) (Ref)
Vudu.com (Ref, Ref)
Merchants that DO NOT qualify:
Adobe Acrobat DC (Ref)
Amazon Prime music and video (Ref)
Apple iTunes/Apple Music subscription
AT&T phone and equipment orders (Ref, YMMV ref)
CardCash.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
CashStar/Office Depot @ officedepot.cashstar.com (Ref)
CashStar/Panera Bread @ panerabread.cashstar.com (Ref)
Charges at Cricket Wireless Store
eBay/GiftCardMall (PayPal)
eBay/SVM Gift Cards (PayPal)
eGifter.com (Ref)
Giftcard Zen (Direct entry) (Ref)
Google Cloud Platform @ cloud.google.com (Ref)
Google Drive (Ref)
Google Project Fi @ fi.google.com (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Gyft.com (Direct entry)
H2O Wireless (Ref)
Newegg.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Oculus.com (Ref)
OfficeMax in-store pickup @ officedepot.com (Ref)
eBay/PayPal Digital Gifts (PayPal) Visa Cards Only (Ref)
Plastiq telecom (Ref)
Playstation Vue (Ref)
RingPlus.net (Direct entry)
Seashells @ shopseashells.com (Ref)
SWYCH app (using INK and Paypal) (Ref)
T-Mobile.com phone and equipment orders (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Todoist.com (Ref)
Venmo (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref)
Walmart.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Where can I find the Ink Plus Guide to Benefits?
What are the rules for transferring UR points to other users or to my own air/hotel/rail accounts?
Closing Ink Plus cards
It is possible to pay the annual fee for the Chase Ink Plus business card, then close the account and get a refund of the fee up to 6 months after it was charged. This provides a total of 18 months of earning up to 5X points for free. Make sure your points are transferred out (either to another UR account owned by you or a spouse, or to an air/hotel partner) before you close the account.
Previous Discussion Threads:
Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Cards - July 2015- Present

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2015, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
Not necessarily - Citi's TYP are not all transferrable, you need to have the high end cards to do so.

Freedom earns UR pts as well but everyone knows, or may be you dont, that Freedom does not have ability to transfer the UR pts - you would need either the CSP or the Ink Plus/Bold.
To add to this, Chase markets Freedom and Ink Cash as cash back cards. The fact that they earn UR that can later be worth even more is a bonus to many new users. I consider this more user-friendly compared to Citi's use of ThankYou points to describe all points that may or may not be transferred or shared.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 3:14 pm

Programs: UA, AA, BA
Looking for recommendation, I have a IB and IP, with the plus fee coming due (I got the fee credit on the bold 4 months ago). I want to apply for the united business next month. Would it be beneficial to cancel the IP before applying for the united business? Or what other actions are recommended?
thanks.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 5:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Originally Posted by Happy
Not necessarily - Citi's TYP are not all transferrable, you need to have the high end cards to do so.

Freedom earns UR pts as well but everyone knows, or may be you dont, that Freedom does not have ability to transfer the UR pts - you would need either the CSP or the Ink Plus/Bold.

If both the no fee card and the fee-based card have the same capabilities and benefits, where is the justification of the fee?! That is why AMEX's Everyday enjoys full Membership Reward benefits is such a surprise to everyone. Though so far the push of Everyday to take over Freedom / Discover does not seem happening.

It boils down to the USER of the card to read the Terms and Conditions plus the benefits before deciding what s/he would like to do.
Well why not just call them something else instead of UR points?

In any event, as long as I have the CSP, I can move the Freedom UR points to my CSP UR bucket and then transfer my CSP UR points to travel partners?

And I could combine my Ink Cash account points, which consist mostly of points earned while I had the Ink Plus, over to my CSP bucket and then transfer points to travel partners?
Old Oct 20, 2015, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wco81
Well why not just call them something else instead of UR points?

In any event, as long as I have the CSP, I can move the Freedom UR points to my CSP UR bucket and then transfer my CSP UR points to travel partners?

And I could combine my Ink Cash account points, which consist mostly of points earned while I had the Ink Plus, over to my CSP bucket and then transfer points to travel partners?
You are the only person complains (whining) about the name of UR pts... All just because you dont pay attention on program rules...

Yes, you can combine all your UR pts to the eligible card's UR account that has the ability to transfer. Hence it is important to keep at least ONE eligible card in the family (spouses or SOs) to preserve the transferrability now Chase has made it very difficult to get a new UR pts earning card.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 9:51 am

...can I just get my denial letter and move on? XD
Old Oct 21, 2015, 1:00 pm

i went to a branch to apply last fall and they had no idea what i was referring to WRT the 70k offer. the person i met with even called someone at their corporate office who also didn't know anything about a 70k offer for applying in a branch.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 3:59 pm

Programs: Paying student debt and traveling when i can
i applied back in Aug - they only had the 50k offer. although the banker said in the past they've had 70k, it wasn't available at that time. after the 60k public offer came out, i SM'ed and they matched it. going to the branch did help me get approved.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 8:15 pm

I read somewhere that Chase's new rule of rejections with 5+ applications within past 24 months doesn't apply to their business cards. That is, you can be approved for an Ink even if you applied for multiple cards in the past couple of years. Is this true?
Old Oct 23, 2015, 1:05 am

Programs: Paying student debt and traveling when i can
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I read somewhere that Chase's new rule of rejections with 5+ applications within past 24 months doesn't apply to their business cards. That is, you can be approved for an Ink even if you applied for multiple cards in the past couple of years. Is this true?
Rule #1 YMMV!!

people who have been calling in after applying have been denied by the 5/24 rule for ink (and other chase cards). but there seem to be a few cases where people have gotten approved for the ink after not calling even though they had more than 5 cards opened in the last two years.

Last edited by StartinSanDiego; Oct 23, 2015 at 8:39 am Reason: Referral offers belong here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/1479651-credit-card-referral-offers-post-onl
Old Oct 23, 2015, 6:55 am

Update on my end. Went to a branch to give my info last week...no new developments. So I called the number on my letter yesterday only to find that they never got the document. The csr gave me a fax number for me to send this time...did that. Now the message that said "thank you for applying...7-10 days"...has simply become "we will notify you in writing in 30 days"...more solemly it seems. So...more waiting.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 9:28 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, AA Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Virgin America Elevate Gold
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I had no problem being approved with 20 accounts added in last 2 years
Old Oct 23, 2015, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by odin99
Rule #1 YMMV!!

people who have been calling in after applying have been denied by the 5/24 rule for ink (and other chase cards). but there seem to be a few cases where people have gotten approved for the ink after not calling even though they had more than 5 cards opened in the last two years.
OK, sounds like YMMV. If someone can get approved after 20 recent accounts, it's not an automatic rejection. That's good enough for me.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by mbfanos
Well, I just received a mail from Chase Business Card department today.
Luckily, they want me to mail in proof of address, SSN and birthday. . That means I still have hope, right?
I have a Chase United, IHG, checking, saving and investment account with Chase. I'm also a Private Client. It's kinda funny when they require those documents from me.

But anyway, I'll mail those to them and report the result here :-:
Update:

I mailed in my documents on 10/10.
I called the automated line to check my application status but since it has been more than 30 days since I applied, the automated line said I don't have any application.
I called the number on the letter and a woman told me they received my documents and one of them was rejected. I then asked her which one it was. She didn't answer but told me that my application was transferred to the lending department and quickly transferred my call to the lending department.
I was afraid that I would be transferred to the "denial center" so I hung up.

Should I call again? Is there any way that I can check my application status without talking to someone? I applied on 9/12.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 11:29 am

Data point: Applied for Ink Cash on 10/17, before the increased bonus ended. Called the automated app status line on 10/20 and was approved! Did not have any documents to send in.

Small banking hx with Chase and 4 CCs opened with them over the last 2 years.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 1:28 pm

Reconsideration - recommend approval

I was declined for a Ink Plus card, called the reconsideration line and after 15 minutes was told by the rep that she was going to "recommend an approval for a $5000 credit limit" but it had to be reviewed for final approval and I'd find out within 2 weeks.

Is this a good or bad omen?

I've got 2 Chase cards (Freedom and IHG Rewards) and a total of $38,000 open credit with them.

Legit business with $30k annual income, 3 year history.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.