Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Only Randy Petersen
Reload this Page >

10 Pairs (of OpenSkies tickets) Over 10 Weeks to Celebrate 10 Years of FlyerTalk

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

10 Pairs (of OpenSkies tickets) Over 10 Weeks to Celebrate 10 Years of FlyerTalk

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2008, 4:19 pm
Founder of FlyerTalk
Original Poster

What’s that you say? You are upset because you weren’t invited to the limited-seating FlyerTalk 10th Anniversary OpenSkies Do back in June?

Here’s some good news for you.

Each week for the next 10 weeks I am going to give away a pair of OpenSkies tickets. Five of those selected will receive tickets between New York and Paris, and the other five will receive tickets between New York and an as yet unidentified future destination of OpenSkies. (travel can start from either side of the Atlantic and the only thing we’re trying to ask is that travel be completed by the end of November, 2008.) This will become known as Fantastic Friday’s on FlyerTalk (starting July 18th through September 19th). And all I want in return is for you to tell me what you think about FlyerTalk; how it has benefited you (or disappointed you, as the case may be), and how you think it should look in a year, five years, or even 10 years. I’m doing this stunt because I am a proud member such as yourself and because I truly am interested in FlyerTalk’s future and want to know what you know and this seems like a great way to get some feedback.

So please, email me at [email protected] with your feedback about FlyerTalk - and be sure to also include your full name as it appears on your passport and a phone number where you can be reached ... just in case

I’m going to put all the emails into one hat and gift one person two Prem+ tickets on OpenSkies each week (Prem+ was described by other FlyerTalkers as business class comfort). I’ll do this gifting weekly so the sooner your name is in the hat, the sooner you will be considered for each week for the gift. Those who have already sent your feedback along will be considered for each of the ten weeks so don’t be worried if you aren’t gifted the first week or two.

And please, don’t feel like you have to praise FlyerTalk in order to be selected. I want your honest feedback, good and bad. (You lurkers out there might want to register anyway, as you never know when I might pull a stunt like this again).

I’d like to again thank OpenSkies for their generosity and participation in FlyerTalk’s 10th Anniversary celebrations. Their inaugural flight from New York to Paris served as an ideal setting for our 10th Anniversary Do. Don’t believe me? Check out what some of the other attendees had to say:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ight=openskies
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/onemil...aris-part-one/
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/online...nskies-review/

Happy 10th Anniversary,
Randy

Note: there is one rule and one rule only: There are no rules, this is not a contest just a way to acknowledge our past of 10 years and our future of many more great years. As for the feedback, you must be honest. I’m not fishing for compliments, I just want your sincere opinions about FlyerTalk and the community, good and bad.

FANTASTIC FRIDAYS:
Friday July 18 - Hobo13
Friday July 25 - jackal
Friday August 1 - salut0
Friday August 8 - Margarita Girl
Friday August 15 - Skye1
Friday August 22 - jackplum
Friday August 29 - TelevisionTdTina
Friday September 5 - HomerJ
Friday September 12 - gregorygrady
Friday September 19 - mikeef

Last edited by Randy Petersen; Oct 15, 2008 at 9:39 am
Old Jul 21, 2008, 4:19 pm
Founder of FlyerTalk
Original Poster

What’s that you say? You are upset because you weren’t invited to the limited-seating FlyerTalk 10th Anniversary OpenSkies Do back in June?

Here’s some good news for you.

Each week for the next 10 weeks I am going to give away a pair of OpenSkies tickets. Five of those selected will receive tickets between New York and Paris, and the other five will receive tickets between New York and an as yet unidentified future destination of OpenSkies. (travel can start from either side of the Atlantic and the only thing we’re trying to ask is that travel be completed by the end of November, 2008.) This will become known as Fantastic Friday’s on FlyerTalk (starting July 18th through September 19th). And all I want in return is for you to tell me what you think about FlyerTalk; how it has benefited you (or disappointed you, as the case may be), and how you think it should look in a year, five years, or even 10 years. I’m doing this stunt because I am a proud member such as yourself and because I truly am interested in FlyerTalk’s future and want to know what you know and this seems like a great way to get some feedback.

So please, email me at [email protected] with your feedback about FlyerTalk - and be sure to also include your full name as it appears on your passport and a phone number where you can be reached ... just in case

I’m going to put all the emails into one hat and gift one person two Prem+ tickets on OpenSkies each week (Prem+ was described by other FlyerTalkers as business class comfort). I’ll do this gifting weekly so the sooner your name is in the hat, the sooner you will be considered for each week for the gift. Those who have already sent your feedback along will be considered for each of the ten weeks so don’t be worried if you aren’t gifted the first week or two.

And please, don’t feel like you have to praise FlyerTalk in order to be selected. I want your honest feedback, good and bad. (You lurkers out there might want to register anyway, as you never know when I might pull a stunt like this again).

I’d like to again thank OpenSkies for their generosity and participation in FlyerTalk’s 10th Anniversary celebrations. Their inaugural flight from New York to Paris served as an ideal setting for our 10th Anniversary Do. Don’t believe me? Check out what some of the other attendees had to say:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ight=openskies
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/onemil...aris-part-one/
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/online...nskies-review/

Happy 10th Anniversary,
Randy

Note: there is one rule and one rule only: There are no rules, this is not a contest just a way to acknowledge our past of 10 years and our future of many more great years. As for the feedback, you must be honest. I’m not fishing for compliments, I just want your sincere opinions about FlyerTalk and the community, good and bad.

FANTASTIC FRIDAYS:
Friday July 18 - Hobo13
Friday July 25 - jackal
Friday August 1 - salut0
Friday August 8 - Margarita Girl
Friday August 15 - Skye1
Friday August 22 - jackplum
Friday August 29 - TelevisionTdTina
Friday September 5 - HomerJ
Friday September 12 -
Friday September 19 -
Old Jul 21, 2008, 4:46 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
You must have one BIG azz hat! Congrats to hobo13!

Saw this on lucky's blog. Off to write you a little email...
Old Jul 21, 2008, 5:07 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
WOW, I'm in shock! Thanks a lot Randy! -- and thanks OpenSkies!

After reading the reports from the inaugural flights, my fiance and I cannot wait to try it out! (Yes, that means there will be no raffle for the second ticket.... sorry guys!)

Oh, and thanks Lucky for blogging about it, which reminded me to send the email in the first place!
Old Jul 21, 2008, 5:47 pm

Programs: AA(2MM)-Plt, HH-Gld, HY-Glb, ICAmb-Plt, SPG-Plt (Life), AMEX-Plt
Congrats hobo13! ...now off to write an e-mail myself!
Old Jul 21, 2008, 6:12 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Let me publicly state:
Thank you Randy and Flyertalk.

And yes, now to write that email I'll be thanking you again in that too
Old Jul 21, 2008, 6:54 pm

Programs: British Airways, Starwood Preferred Guests, Continental One Pass
congrats hobo13! i know you will enjoy your trip!!!
Old Jul 22, 2008, 1:55 am

Programs: UA 1MM, DL former Gold, AA, SPG, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Wow! This is amazing. I just sent off my my email. :-)
Old Jul 22, 2008, 5:03 am

Programs: AA Gold MM, DL Gold, US MM, HH Gold, Starwood
Thanks a ton and the email is on the way.

Cheers
Old Jul 22, 2008, 6:29 am
Original Member

Location: Tyler, TX- Former Onepass Infinite Platinum +MM & CO * now UA-1K, Hyatt Diamond, ICH RA, Hilton HH Diamond VIP, Hertz Prez Circle, Clear Registered Traveler, BIG fan of Pre-Check
Wow, 10 years...seems like only yesterday that I stumbled on this place...Congrats - here's to another 10. ^
Old Jul 22, 2008, 7:12 am

Thanks Randy... I haven't been to Paris in weeks. Openskies was fantastic in both directions and I can't wait until they expand to other cities. Now if my miles would only post to my stupid BA account...
Old Jul 22, 2008, 9:50 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
randy-

thanks yet again for your generosity ^^^^ and way to go hobo13 ^

(and, y'all gotta read talk mail as it was mentioned in the issue just last week)
Old Jul 22, 2008, 10:01 am

Another fine move by you Randy, and the FT team ^ ^ ^
Old Jul 22, 2008, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Thanks Randy! :-:

It'll take me a while to put together a readable thoughtful email about FlyerTalk... but I'll give it a shot.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 10:14 am

What fun!

Great contest.

Thanks Randy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.