FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Blackberry 8320
Thread: Blackberry 8320
View Single Post
Old Oct 29, 2007, 10:47 pm
thelark

Originally Posted by lmz00
I read something about how the unlimited Wi-Fi calling didn't apply to international calls. Does this mean that if I go to another country, I'll have to pay roaming fees even when I'm using a hotspot?

Also, I take it that if i'm in Japan, I'll only be able to use it when I'm connected to a wireless network (since they don't use GSM)? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
I had actually called T-Mobile to determine international calling and how precisely it works. They confirmed the following:

- With Hotspot@Home service all calls made via wifi are free (excluding and network access fees you may have to pay to connect to the wifi)
- Without Hotspot@Home calls made via wifi are deducted from your wireless anytime minutes
- Without Hotspot@Home wifi calls originating overseas are still deducted from your wireless. This means that you aren't paying the international roaming charges.

Apparently the third point is a feature they aren't advertising (according to TMo rep) but that is in fact how it is working.