FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any first impressions of Virgin America?
View Single Post
Old Oct 28, 2007, 10:00 pm
WhisperjetYYZ

sfo to las

Flew them last wed sfo to las 12noon flight. Check-in was easy but kiosks were a bit wonky so checked in the old-fashioned way. Agent at kiosks asked my destination and when told LAS mentioned that flight was delayed an hour due to inbound aircraft delay from NYC.

Gate is at end of A pier, but not too bad of a walk. Boarding commenced at 1240 and we were pushing back at 1pm. FA tapped me on the shoulder and told me their were lots of seats in the back so I moved from preassigned 7D (and a full row) to 14. Seats are quite comfortable with decent width and recline. Loved the white plastic shell on seats (hope it's kept clean) and the mood lighting.

Red VOD system is one of the best I have ever seen. Lots of features to play around with including a nifty order and pay at your seat meal system that is used on long haul flts. In our case it was bev cart w/ a computer monitor on it and quick svc, including a comped Heiniken for me.

Flight Deck was good at updates and we were at the gate at 205pm. All in all a terrific value and experience for 44$ + tax