FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fourth Annual PBI-FLL Meet: Oct 26-28, 2007
Old Oct 11, 2007, 10:27 am
Dovster
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Okay, this will get a bit confusing, so pay careful attention (you are liable to get a pop quiz on it).

There has been a slight change in our schedule. Originally, we were to meet first in the bar of the Embassy Suites at 5:30, Friday night. There were certain awards which were to be given out at that time.

However, it struck me that this being the time when drinks are freebies, the bar is apt to be jammed, so I am moving up our initial meet to the pool at 4:45. This will give us time to have the "Dovster Awards" ceremony and get to the bar in time for the booze.

Today, the Scoops thread went over 470,000 views. What makes this so interesting is that when it was locked on July 4, it had 440,000. It has been averaging 10,000 views a month ever since the last post was made on it.

(No, they are not all from BEYFlyer and me. Each person can only count for one view per day.)

BEY and I both realize that what made this thread so interesting were all the posts made on it by other members. Without them, the exchanges between the two of us would have become very monotonous.

Therefore, the first part of the Dovster Award ceremonies will involve the 8 Meet attendees who posted the most on the thread having a small cup of wine. Why eight? Because I just bought a set of 8 small metal wine cups with engravings of Jerusalem on them. The 8 people who will be drinking (with two exceptions) will get to keep the cups.

They are:
1. Dovster
2. BEYFlyer
3. Alex0683de
4. Mikey1003
5. Dedehans
6. aucarol
7. underpressure
8. cbalaska (note: I am not certain if cbalaska will be there on Friday night. If she is not, her place will be taken by the next in line, Cordelli.)

(If any of you listed can not be there at 4:45, please let me know and I will replace you.)

Okay, I said that two of those listed will not get to keep the cups. They are BEYFlyer and myself. Our cups (mine after being carefully sterilized) will be handed over to Cholula and Canarsie, both of whom were very active on the thread as moderators. In doing this, we will be honoring all the moderators who worked so hard on it. Besides, I would never want to keep anything as tacky as a "Dovster Award".

After the wine, but before we go inside to drink, the follow others will be given various awards:

Cholula (who will receive the only completely tasteless award).
Canarsie (whose award is really for his son, not him).
braefoot (an award suitable for someone who is coming from the homeland of Scotch).
abelscc and aucarol (not really awards, but actually birthday presents. I will be bringing them both birthday cards from Israel and ask that everyone present sign them.)
scoow (for helping me lug stuff to the Meet. I had so much that I sent some of it to her by mail.)
SS255 (for being the greatest Secret Santa in history).
Socrates (for his help in arranging the hotel).
MRKEY (for all the work he has done getting the bar and restaurant set up for us).
BEYFlyer (a very special award for a very special person).

Randy Petersen and Blind Squirrel will not be there Friday night and will get their awards at the dinner on Saturday. Randy will also be tasked to bring one to Janet at Webflyer for all the work she did on the Scoops thread.

None of the above has anything to do with the doorprizes which will be given at Saturday night dinner. That is a completely separate thing. (If you are attending the dinner, please don't forget to bring something. If you will be there on Friday night only, it won't be necessary.)

Last edited by Dovster; Oct 11, 2007 at 1:12 pm Reason: tyo...uh...typo