FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fourth Annual PBI-FLL Meet: Oct 26-28, 2007
Old Aug 2, 2007, 2:42 pm
Dovster
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Friday Night Drinks

The Embassy Suites bar closes at 11 pm and I have a feeling that a number of FTers are going to want to continue to whet their whistles long after that.

I do not, however, want to be responsible for soused FTers getting into their cars and not being alive for the dinner on Saturday night. Let's face facts -- losing 10 or 15 members could really cast a shadow over the festivities.

Working together with MRKEY, we have come up with the following solution:

1. From 5:30 pm until 7:30 pm booze will be free at the Embassy Suites bar for people who are staying there. I will be there (at least at the beginning) and I imagine that a number of others will be, too. This, however, is the unofficial gathering for drinks.

2. After these drinks, everybody arranges for his own dinner. You can eat at the hotel if you want and there are some restaurants within walking distance.

3. At 9 pm, we will meet at The Ale House at 1200 Yamato Road. This is only about 6 blocks away from the hotel so it should be easy walking distance for everyone (indeed, a number of you may decide to eat dinner there before we start drinking). On second thought, it is not all that easy. It is 1.3 miles. Please see Post # 555.

As BEYFlyer is staying at a different hotel, quite a distance away, I hereby officially and publicly ask him to take a taxi in both directions. There is no way that he is going to be allowed out without having a few drinks and we spent enough time worrying about his safety last summer. We don't need a repeat.

Last edited by Dovster; Sep 17, 2007 at 7:36 am