FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fourth Annual PBI-FLL Meet: Oct 26-28, 2007
Old Jul 26, 2007, 9:35 am
Dovster
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Two points:

1. FourWheels mentioned looking for a "unisex" prize.
2. Another member sent me a PM asking about prices of gifts.

While there is absolutely nothing wrong with a unisex prize, it is not necessary. This will not be a situation where a specific person will be awarded the prize that you brought (and which would mean that it should be appropriate for his or her gender).

Instead, all the prizes will be put on one table at the Saturday night dinner. Names will be pulled from a hat and each person will be able to choose whatever he/she wants (with, obviously, the exception of those prizes taken by people selected ahead of him). So if you live in Cleveland and want to bring Jim Brown's autographed jock strap, you don't have to worry about a woman being stuck with it.

(As we will have some extra prizes, even the last person chosen will have a choice.)

Prices: Completely irrelevant. If you come from Italy and want to give a Lamborghini, just put the keys on the table. If you live in Atlantic City and want to give a box of salt water taffy, or a deck of cards from Caesars, that is also fine.

In the past, I have seen prizes which probably ran about $50 and others which were freebies (like the Air France pajamas that I won).

Buy whatever you want, don't worry about the price,but try to make it something that represents you.

Just try to avoid anything liquid or anything heavy --remember that most of us are flying back.

Last edited by Dovster; Oct 11, 2007 at 10:36 am