FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ohayô Tôkyô! CDG-NRT-CDG, Air France, L'Espace Première (with pictures)
Old Jun 15, 2007, 11:21 am
Falco Peregrinus

Programs: Air France Platinum - Qatar Airways Gold
Boarding and B773 l'Espace Première cabin

Boarding was delayed by 20 minutes. The lounge attendants invited everyone to proceed to the gate, but the small elevator could obviously not accommodate 50 people leaving the lounge at the same time, so stairs it was. Dedicated P/J/priority line, clear instructions and spontaneous, collective self discipline (Yôkoso Japan!), dedicated jetway for rows 1 to 4 made the whole boarding process very efficient (and certainly more efficient than my usual CDG 2C or 2F fuzzy boarding experiences).

Again a warm welcome from the Chef de Cabine l'Espace Première, followed by a short personal introduction from the captain who commented on the new features of the moving-map system. I had secured 1L while 2A was the only other occupied seat in this 77W l'Espace Première cabin seating 8. The P cabin of AF 77W seems more popular than the recently refurbished 772 with its enclosed configuration (see my pictures in this thread). 1 or 2 glasses of Taittinger Comtes de Champagne Blanc de Blancs Brut 1997 and I let the Chief Purser inform the captain I was ready for take off.

AF 77W seatmap

Pictures
Taittinger Comtes de Champagne Blanc de Blancs (courtesy of Taittinger)
Moving-map IFE system (with a sort of 3-D effect)
77W l'Espace Première cabin, just after take off
Seat 2L